The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ashes to Ashes (Closed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Ashes to Ashes (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Ashes to Ashes (Closed)   Ashes to Ashes (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:04 pm

The wooden floor creaked beneath him, the whole structure had become unstable. The heat pulsed from the burning walls and as the smoke caught in his lungs. The water he had doused himself was already evaporating, it's coolness long gone. Arawn coughed as he tried to shield face with his sleeve. It was then he heard a cough mirroring his own. The next room over, he rounded the corner and the found the door and wall ablaze. He only paused a moment before barreling through the fiery door. The thing wood crumbled under the force and he stepped into another inferno. The room was covered as much flame as the rest of the house, but the smoke was much thicker. The walls afire the only clear spot was the center of the small room. Huddled there was a young boy coughing and crying in the smoke. From doorway he scooped up the lad, and back the way he came. The child was much heavier than he looked. The young shinigami grunted with effort, but managed to cradle the crying child. The ceiling started to creak again. There wasn't time to stop and think, only to move. The child's weight may have slowed him, but his muffled sobs spurned him forward. In moments he reached the entrance hallway. The smoke was thicker now, but he could hear the shouts from the people in the street.
"Just abit further." he said over the roar of the flames. More so to himself than to the child. Seconds later they escaped the corridor and exited into the fresh air. Some in the crowd gasped, others cheered him. Arawn didn't hear them. He looked back at the burning building. When his eyes did move they were to the other buildings that burned like candles. He wondered if other were trapped in them as well. The woman whose son he had rescued was thanking him, he felt her hug him, but he didn't hear her.

There were people running around, screams of anguish. Cries for help. Some had made a bucket line trying to extinguish the flames and stop the spreading. It was barely effective. There were other shinigami running through the crowd. With so many buildings on fire and not enough people. There were way too many fires for this to be a simple accident. The fires were too spread out. Who would do such a thing.

Two hours earlier

The lab was working on a new substance to neutralize acid. It was a partial success; the chemical would be absorb the acid, but only neutralize it for a few seconds, then spontaneously become an acidic gas. Arawn was thankful he was wearing the proper gear when it happened. Then the alarm came. At first they thought they had triggered a smoke alarm or something. But it was could be heard all through the building. A black butterfly fluttered through the window and landed on one of the researcher's out stretched finger. His eyes widened. The computer screen then lit up with what he already knew; there was a state of emergency. The head researcher stood up om the computer and started shouting orders
"Everyone is to head to the east and west Seireitei gates. We are to issue support to the in Rukongai." While the string of orders came forth Arawn took a peek at the computer screen.

All points bulletin: Rukongai Under assault.
various raids are being made on the city districts. Deploying shinigami to assist the residents. Fires reported. Apprehend raiders and protect districts. All available personnel are to report to the city gates.

Squad 12: Assist in moving people from Districts 1. Move residents from East and West sectors to inner Seireitei area for shelter.

The first districts only? What about the others? The researcher quickly pushed him to the side and told him to hurry to the gate. Arawn ran from the lab.
Back to top Go down
Junko

Junko

Male
Number of Posts : 521
Registration Date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Ashes to Ashes (Closed)   Ashes to Ashes (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:40 pm

Junko smelled the familiar fumes before any alert was issued, but she got orders, battle the flames in district 1, and when reinforcements arrive, move on to the next district, and so on until she got to district 80. Junko didn't have alot at her disposal, but she did have shunpo. Junko had large buckets, but she could only carry one, She was making use of a water feature's supply, making runs to the edges of the fires, trying to contain them, but to no avail.

Junko saw and heard screaming, "Damn this blaze", Junko ducked her shoulder down, her right shoulder, and dropped, she dropped into the fires, and through the blaze, and through the weakened roof. The fall disorented her, but she heard the the cries of a child. Junko saw him, as toddler, pacifyer and all, standing and crying under a percairious part of the roof. Junko swore as the roof collapsed, Junko shunpo'ed forward sheilding him with her own body, the roof broke over her back, making her crouch, The fires burned, singing her, and almost set her Robes on fire. Junko pushed them off, burnign her arm, the and she turned to the wall, using Hado 1 to blast a hole in the wall, all the while standing over the crying toddler. She picked up the kid with her good arm and ran out, coughing up smoke. Junko saw, arawn, the one responsible for her sling. wip
Back to top Go down
Masaru Arata

Masaru Arata

Male
Number of Posts : 102
Quote : It's a pity the law doesn't allow me to be merciful.
Registration Date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Ashes to Ashes (Closed)   Ashes to Ashes (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am

Masaru stared at the burning building in trepidation. He could hear the cries of the living from within, unable to get out of the death trap on their own, but to be honest, Masaru was afraid. Not of being burned, no, he was confident that he'd be able to detect when the building was going to collapse with his superior senses. He was afraid the flames would burn away at his veil or uniform, and reveal him for who and what he really was. A beast. He gritted his teeth; the lives of others should take precedence over his honor. Masaru bowed his mighty head; he would do this though it might cost him everything.

He charged into the building, his ears barely picking up the pitiful calls of those still in the building over the crackling fire. Masaru decided it would be best to retrieve those on the upper level first, before the staircases up got to weak to tread on. Luckily, the flames had barely spread to the stairs as he rushed up them, and on the upper level, he found two people, both now unconscious from smoke inhalation. Masaru slung both easily over his back, but found upon returning to the staircase, that it was now completely ablaze.

Only one option came through in Masaru's mind. He raised his right foot and gave a mighty stomp, causing the floor beneath him to give way and bring him back down to ground level. On this level, he located another two people, both also unconscious, which he was able to carry as well. Sometimes there were advantages to being abnormally large. Anyway, just as he picked up the last one, his keen senses picked up the sound of the wooden walls straining and breaking. The whole building was going to collapse in a matter of seconds. There was nothing else to do but to charge toward the nearest flaming wall, hoping it was weakened enough by the flames for Masaru to be able to break through it.

Thankfully, it was, and Masaru found himself singed but otherwise unhurt, outside safely with his rescuees. Upon emergence from the now collapsed building, Masaru saw Junko, a familiar face. He rushed over to her. "These people need immediate medical attention. I fear they have inhaled unhealthy amounts of smoke. Where are the medics?"
Back to top Go down
Shadowfire12

Shadowfire12

Male
Number of Posts : 119
Location : In one of my dream lands on the east coast of the USA
Job/Interests : Video Game Designing
Quote : "I hear voices in my head... and some of their ideas aren't half bad."
Registration Date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ashes to Ashes (Closed)   Ashes to Ashes (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:43 am

(Yo my bad. I'm sorry for making you guys wait I totally forgot about this rp.)

Misaka was running towards the burning fire. Only getting the message from a hell butterfly mere moments ago.

-flashback-
Misaka was walking outside of the academy grounds. He was enjoying the seemingly peaceful day. The sun shining brightly, but no wind. Feeling the warm sun Misaka continued on his little walk towards no where.

Out of the corner of his eye he caught movement, a hell butterfly was making it's way towards the center of the grounds. Upon reaching it a voice echoed over the school. 'Go into Seirete and help with the fires threatening the city districts.'

Upon hearing the words Misaka started running straight away towards the nearest district to the academy.

-flashback end-

Reaching the nearest district he spotted Junko and Masaru who had just come barreling out through a burning wall of the building. Walking to the person who looked like he was in charge. "Academy student reporting. How can I help?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ashes to Ashes (Closed)   Ashes to Ashes (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

OOC: It's no worries. After I announced the mission everyone announced that they were going to be away. The mission is simple so people could forge their own paths if needed. Was going to just skip you guys till you came back. heh

It was odd that once he was free of the fire he started to cough. Maybe he hadn't noticed how thinly he was breathing due to all the excitement. There were more shinigami around now. His orders were to help people from the area into the gate, but it seemed like there were more than enough people to help with that. There was something about the fires that was bothering him. In the distance he counted numerous pillars of smoke, but so few in the current area. Another black column rose into the sky as he took count. The answer being the obvious; who ever was making the fires had started here, and moved outward. The more organized areas had prevented the fires from spreading, the other weren't so lucky. Why were they wasting time helping here when more people were needed elsewhere? "We got to help those people." he said aloud more so to himself. There were screams in the air carried by the wind. He pulled his weapon tightly on his back and moved deeper in the the district. There were some houses blackened by the extinguished fires everywhere he looked. As he rounded a corner he saw a man in tatters clothes break down door. The building was untouched by flames, why would he do such a thing. The man turned having seen Arawn in the corner of his eye. From his robe he pulled out a knife and rushed at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashes to Ashes (Closed)   Ashes to Ashes (Closed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashes to Ashes (Closed)
Page 1 of 1