The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlearning begins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Unlearning begins Empty
PostSubject: Unlearning begins   Unlearning begins I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:43 pm

(OOC: I had planned to post this yesterday, but got busy. Then I accidentally pressed the back button and lost it all. Funny thing is I like this one better than the first. Smile )

The alarm sounded at 7am, waking Arawn from his gentle slumber. It's shrill call growing progressively louder as time passed. His arm darted from beneath the covers to turn on the sound. It looked around the room temporarily at a loss to his current location. The memories flood out, and he recalls the recent events. He's dead, and he's now in a school for shinigami. He was lucky enough to have gotten a room to himself, he didn't think he would do well with a roommate. The room was unremarkable, small but cozy. Simple wooden furniture; a desk with three draws, a matching chair, a small bed that barely fit his whole body, and a closet built into the wall. The closet was filled with uniforms for the academy, the only other clothing he had was that plain tunic. He stretched and reached for the papers on the desk next to the bed. His schedule for classes said that they begin in an hour and a half. Plenty of time to clean up and get breakfast. There were sounds from within the walls. It seemed he wasn't the only one stirring. The dormitory had everything a human world dormitory would have. It still felt odd calling it 'Human world'. It was like a constant reminder that he was in fact dead. There was a washing area, men and women separated of course, and a cafeteria with various foods to eat. It was early morning so both places weren't brimming with people, for which Arawn was grateful. A few polite waves, a bowing nod, and half smiles got him through the morning without conversation. It was now time to head to class.

To his credit he only got lost twice finding his classroom, it was located on the second floor. Class 2-A hung above the open door, Arawn stepped into the room. The room was lined with desks and chairs. There were five rows of desks, with eight in each row. Not a big class it seems, but rather sizable. The wall opposite the entrance had rectangular glass windows evenly spaced apart along it's length. Arawn took one of the vacant seats by the window. He would try not to let the view distract him. The desk was more like a table than the conventional student desk. At the front of the room was a large blackboard and a small wooden podium for the teacher. What looked like books were stacked against the wall beneath the board. There were few students in the room, the were all similarly dressed, but the ladies had red hakama. A few students stood chatting, perhaps everyone here weren't complete strangers. Arawn could barely hear them talk about some ceremony from the other day. Apparently Arawn had missed it, he was probably touring Rukongai at that time. There was a loud chime and more students started to come through the doorway. Almost time for classes, another chime would come in five more minutes. He noted that the there were two entrances into the room, one at the rear and one near the front. All the seats filled, and the room was a sea people and quite noisy. To the front and to his right were both male students, he glanced behind to see a spiky haired girl behind him, she winked and gave a wave. The second chime and the door towards the front opened. A man wearing a white kosode and black hakama walked in carrying some books. Arawn was unable to make all his features, but saw he had dark hair and light skin, the man opened the book once he reached the podium. He began to call out names from a list therein. Roll call? It felt almost like elementary school. As their names were called the person would raise their hand. Arawn waited patiently for his own, he didn't bother memorizing those before him.
"DanShir, Arawn." The man called in his deep voice. Arawn's hand rose into the air, then dropped. The next name was called, and Arawn completed ignored the rest. The names stopped and the teacher introduced himself, but gave the students the option of just calling him sensei. Fair enough, the teacher then assigned two people, unfortunate as they were to sit in the front, to take the stacked books and pass them out. The man and woman students made their way through the isles each carrying a stack. Arawn took is copy of the book simply titled "Soul Society". The tome was of medium thickness, perhaps three inches, bound in a deep green leather like material. The task complete the helper students took their own copies and sat down.
"Everyone please open to the first page..." The teacher began. What followed was what Solun has to easily told him the day before; he was dead, they were spirits and yet not, and general history of Soul Society. Much of it was rather vague, almost like they didn't know all the facts or didn't wish to speak of it. The teacher stopped at one point and pulled out a pocket watch.
"We will resume tomorrow, please take the books with you to your next class. If you would keep you seating the same for roll purposes as well."
Arawn closed his book, just as the loud chime sounded once more. Oh, how time flied. It was time for the next class; he pulled out his schedule from the inner sleeve of his kosode. His next class was listed as 'Kido' and it took place in another area. He wondered how long he had til the next chime, and if the teacher would give him directions. He rose from his chair, schedule in hand
"Heya Arawn!" Said a voice from behind him. It seemed the someone had taken the trouble of remembering his name. He turned to face the speaker, and saw same spiky hair he had seen before. The girl standing barely came up to his nose in height. Her red hair was rather reddish, and she had green eyes.
"You were just about to call me a shorty, weren't ya!?" her hand rises in front of Arawn and her finger points at him accusingly. The people still in the room look over.
"I didn't..." her hand moves again, and grabs the schedule from Arawn's relaxed grip "Ah, you have Kido next too!" she examines the form completely. That 'too' bothers Arawn slightly "Well we should get going." Arawn grabs the paper back, thankful he didn't rip it.
"I will be going, yes. You can go." he turns back to the front, but the teacher has left the room. "Dang, I guess I'll have to ask someone else how to get..." He wishes the words hadn't come from his lips.
"Ah, need help finding it? I can show ya!" Arawn sighs, he would rather not, but the rest of the students have left, and see seems to have the same class.
"Fine.....um"
"I'm Yue"
"You?"
"No, Yue" She makes spins in place, and then strikes a pose like a model, her hands on her hips. "Nakamora, Yue" She smiles and winks. If Arawn's eyebrows could raise higher they would be airborne. How old is she? Twelve?
Arawn sighs again "Fine Ms Yue, can we get to class?" He puts his schedule away and picks the book from the desktop.
"Hihi!" Yue pumps here fist in the air "Let's roll!" she starts for the rear door, with Arawn close behind her. He had found another strange person, or merely she had found him.
Back to top Go down

Unlearning begins
Page 1 of 1