The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conrad Streiber

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scion

Scion

Male
Number of Posts : 53
Job/Interests : Student of literature and religion, fiction writer.
Quote : You'll never learn to fly until you're standing on the cliff.
Registration Date : 2013-06-18

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Fullbringer Template

Name:
Conrad Streiber

Race: Caucasian

Birthplace: Dresden, Germany

Occupation: Musician: guitar, vocals, and keyboard for an assortment of local metal bands

Height: 6' 0”

Weight: 185 lbs

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Tall, lean, with long, dark hair and green, smiling eyes that don't stop moving. He's normally dressed for the German rock scene, which disguises both how thin and how strong he is. His gait is catlike, light and balanced, sure of every step. Consequently, he trips over things a bit. His voice is smooth when talking, but he can wail with the best of metal's singers. His hands are long, thin, and deceptively strong, from years of piano and guitar playing. His face normally sports a smile.

Personality: Conrad is a light-hearted soul. He walks lightly, speaks easily, and laughs fully. When life hits, instead of rage, he becomes more wry and sarcastic. His answer to everything is either curiosity or snark. How much he likes someone determines the exact brand he uses upon them. He likes to have fun, and be around fun people. When confronted or accused, he prefers to defuse the situation via verbal judo, rather than yell back. He can yell, he just prefers to save it for the microphone. When confronted with violence, he defuses it with more literal judo, then snarks at their face. Or their corpse, as can happen when they do not yield. He refuses to take a life unless there are simply no other options.

Special Characteristics: Very competent musician since an early age. Shodan in judo, also from an early age. Intelligent, street-smart, and few others can pick a lock faster.

Stats:

Spirit Power: 25

Speed: 25

Technique: 10

Fighting Skill: 20

Special Power

Item of Affinity: A ring, originally owned by his father. It was given to Conrad just before his father died, and he always wears it. It's silver, relatively wide, set with emeralds and a black opal. When required, it transforms into a single-edged knife, a few inches longer than his forearm, with a wide, flaring, curved blade, resembling a scimitar but not as curved. It has no finger guard, but its crossguard is wide enough to allow for that. On the top side of the blade, just below the guard (top when held in right hand and edge is facing left), is etched a very old symbol, made of ring sections, smaller circles, and a line; its meaning, as well as the name of the knife itself, if it has one, is as yet unknown.

Fullbringer evolution: Initially, the form of Conrad's Fullbring is a dark grey knife covered in dim, dark-blue flamelike energy. Upon its evolution, however, the knife, no longer coated in fire, gains a black sigil, made of broken circle sections and radial lines. This sigil glows when Conrad uses his abilities. Also, Conrad himself, when his Fullbring is active, sports geometric patterns of glowing blue light on his arms: left arm has straight, angular marks up to the elbow; right arm has swirling, pointed Maori-style markings up to his shoulder. If he's wearing long-sleeved clothing when his Fullbring activates, the marks burn through it and destroy the fabric in their path. His face's right side gains three lines from the side of his head, two of which point to his eye, which now also glows.

Techniques/Abilities:

Ability 1: Erkaso: When this ability is activated, the knife begins to absorb minute, near-unnoticeable amounts of kinetic energy from anything around it. This energy is stored in the knife, and makes Conrad strike harder and move faster as long as this absorption continues. Conrad can end the ability early, adding a hemispherical shockwave to his next melee strike capable of knocking enemies off their feet, but this takes time to charge and must be used before the ability would lapse on its own. Ability name means “I take”. Duration: 4, shockwave available on 2 or 3 only/Cooldown: 4 from whenever the power ends.

Ability 2: Tenkora: An attack made by an opponent is reflected back onto it. Conrad places the knife in front of the attack, which absorbs the impact energy and forces it back in the direction it came from, curves and all. It requires timing, as the attack needs to land, but if successful Conrad suffers no ill effects and the attack force races back toward the opponent. When the attack is melee in nature, every newton of the attack force slams back into the opponent. A ranged energy attack is purely reflected, tennis-style. However, an attack by an opponent more than 1 rank higher is only partially deflected, making Conrad take half the force of the attack and deflecting the rest off to the side; when 2 ranks higher, only a quarter is deflected. Attacks by opponents more than 3 ranks higher break through the ability entirely. Ability name means “Turn!”. Duration n.a/Cooldown 3.

Ability 3: Rhagae: Conrad converts some of his own spiritual energy into kinetic energy and channels it into a nearby object, which moves in the direction he specifies. Conrad cannot change the direction of the object's movement, and he cannot move particularly heavy objects, and the speed of movement depends on both Conrad's directive and the item's mass. In other words, he can't make a lead crate fly at 120kmph. Name means “Move!”. Duration: n.a./Cooldown: For small objects, 1; for medium objects, 2; for large objects, 4; moving an object particularly fast pushes it up one tier.

Ability 4: Anektin Pahre: Conrad pours spirit energy into the knife, converting it into kinetic energy as it goes. Within the same post, he throws the knife at an opponent. The energy expands into a meter-wide crescent-shaped blade of dark-blue energy at the top of the knife in T-form and forces the knife to move at incredible speeds. It strikes hard, making it difficult to deflect or block, but it is very possible. However, if it doesn't strike the first time, the knife will deflect off and try to hit the opponent again from a different direction. After the attack concludes, the knife returns to Conrad's hand of its own accord. Name means "Meteor Fang", and can be done in several languages with the same effect. Duration 1/Cooldown 2 if first strike hits, 3 if otherwise.

History: Conrad grew up in Dresden, Germany. Raised by his father, he quickly proved more interested in music than in school. However, he did well, even taking up judo as a sport at the age of eleven. However, when he was fourteen, his father died of cancer. His father's last words to Conrad were “Don't hate it, son. It's life, there so much of it to see. I hope you see it, Conrad.” Though he ended up as a ward of the state due to his status as an orphan, he applied himself even harder, graduating from secondary school at seventeen, earning shodan status in judo, and going to university to study music. Upon receiving his degree, he returned to Dresden to try and make it in the rock and metal scene there. He's somewhat successful, too, as a member of three different bands, playing a different part in each. However, the band he sings lead for, Geistweissager, is beginning to become known, and busy, so he may be forced to give up one or both of the others. In fact, it was on the way to a practice for Geistweissager that he began to enter the world of the Geister themselves. At the moment, he's investigating the events that led to the awakening of his Fullbring, and in the market for a good psychotherapist in the meantime.

Role Playing Sample: “So,” said the woman behind the desk, apparently named Dr. Stöhr. “I hear you've been looking for a good psychiatrist.”
“Yes, I am,” I answered. “You see, I feel like I'm not quite sane these days.” I was sitting in an office designed to be nondescriptly warm and non-threatening. The doctor herself was a small, matronly woman with short-cropped red hair and a face that could not be shocked by anything. She was writing notes on a legal pad.
“Okay, and why do you feel that way?” she asked, her tone matching the office itself. I couldn't help myself. I tried, but I just couldn't.
“Well, the unexplainable injuries, preceded by incredibly vivid hallucinations of things that can't be real. Also my ring turns into a demon-killing telekinetic knife, so that's something, too,” I said, my tone deadpan. “Understand why I thought I might need a shrink?”
She sat for a moment. “Sir, if you aren't going to take this seriously, I suggest you spend your money elsewhere,” she said, getting up. “And next time you decide to prank a doctor, do some research. Schizophrenia doesn't work that way.”
I stood up as well. “Dr. Stöhr, I'm sorry, but I'm not joking. I see people no one else can see. The other day I heard a voice screaming at me, driving me to the ground, stopping me from moving. Things happen around me that I can't explain, and shouldn't happen at all,” I said to her, desperation creeping into my normally calm voice. “For example,” I continued, “there's been a little girl standing behind your desk for the last minute, crying because you won't pay attention to her.

Last edited by Scion on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Okay good application for a first try...very good...there are a few issues though.  First off I would like a little bit more history on this character.  Next in each one of your abilities you need to but a Duration and cool down for them in posts (ex. Duration 2/ Cool down 2).  This is mainly for your first and third abilities but each one needs it. Finally, you need a bit more detail on your second ability; how does it reflect the attack back at the opponent?  Does it absorb it first and then fire it out of the knife or does it do it some other way? 

Please edit your application then after that is done post a reply to this app so that we know that you are ready for this to be graded again.
     - Artemis
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Post edited. Please grade! Any suggestions helpful.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Re-edited for clarity. Please review.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:42 am

I'd say the first ability is blinding not "burns their eyes out". As for the second does that include impacts with another weapon. Someone hits your blade with a lead pipe does it just absorb the blow and shoot back the force? Now for the lass one. I'd call that less of an illusion and more like a hologram/projection. To that you can't really guarantee effectiveness.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Alright. VERY BIG ALTERATIONS to his powers will be happening. Too hard to manage, too complex in some situations. Please reserve further judgement until those changes are made. I want my character to work well in this world, while being relatively successful at the same time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

@Arawn, the second power is staying mostly intact. And yes, it works on physical attacks as you described it, forcing the energy back into their weapon- all of it. If that means that they go flying backward because they put body weight and speed into an attack, then they go flying. I just have to get my knife in the way, which in that case might take some doing.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:46 am

Just making sure. Seeing as it cannot include elemental or energy like attacks with reflective force seems somewhat balanced. It's similar to that weapon I saw in a video game not long ago. As for being successful that's little to do with powers and more so to do with their user and application. Anything can work if you know how or what you want to do with it. Something simple can be devastating in the right hands. The reverse is also true. Take your time is all I say.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:42 am

Why wouldn't it work on energy-type attacks? It would function the same way- absorb motive force, then send the attack back the direction it came. To the ability, an energy blast is the same as an overhead strike. Again, all that's required is that there not be too much of an imbalance of power in favor of my opponent and I get my knife in the way of it, which in itself requires reflexes equivalent to or higher than the attack's speed.

As to my other powers, they require a certain amount of cooperation from any PC opponents, which I can neither count on nor demand from others here. Hence the change, and this time I'll hand them to someone to look over before I make the edits. I've been advised against illusion- or mental-type abilities.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Okay, I would like to ask that everyone that has ever commented or graded my character to please re-read the application, as some minor and some very major changes have been made to the character's abilities. Thank you and please comment.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:05 am

First ability does a variety of things, way too many things. Usually the beginning skills are relatively simple and useful skills. It stops anything moving nullifying anything and everything, makes you move and strike harder, or releases said energy as a projectile. Trying to do many things with one skill. There is some overlap with your second skill; stops an attack.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:10 pm

@Arawn: Thanks for the comment, power has been edited.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male
Number of Posts : 586
Quote : In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice
Registration Date : 2010-05-29

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:55 pm

I will only give my oppinion on the skills, I don't really see a problem with most of them, pretty simple, the first might be on the sway to complex but nothing serious, the 2nd however I cannot approve, the ability to repell an attack with the repelling force being 100% of the same attack, both is to powerfull and impossible, just the clash alone will logicly take some of the force off, that being said to be able to repell anything in itself is to powerful.

Say a rank 10 captain came at you swinging his/her blade at you, and you miraculessly hit that repell you'll be sending a captain attack back at the person, an attack you wouldn't be able to pull of on your own, not even close to.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Shikuro- you have made a very good point, there'd be no way that would work. The power has been edited for a relative-rank system.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 am

Well you almost got it... as you cleverly took the fat that come of the energy was bound to release just be the mere clash, but problem is two forces of equal measure sould also release some of the power into the air, and as I understand you only block by placing the knife in the right angel which means your power is zero, there for its impossible to reflect 100% on the other hand if the block is made in a motion you can add the lost power with your own to the attack thereby sending 100% back.

But thats a very complex and trvial matter, which is really important here is the way the power is carried out, since if done wrongly it can be very Meta-like so I expect it to be done with a common sense of logic. What I don't get is, what if someone say used a flamethrower at it, how would it work then?
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 pm

It wouldn't, really. It would have to be something that is actually directed and somewhat 'hard', like an energy attack. Flamethrowers, explosions, or things like the Rain of Pain kido simply don't have anything I can block. I guess I COULD try it with Rain of Pain, but the best it would do is send the acid back toward the sky.

And the attack works by manipulating the kinetic energy of the attack directly, not by putting my knife in front of it and praying. That's why there's no force loss, because there really isn't an opposing force, just the energy Conrad's adding to make the kinetic energy reverse direction. If you'll notice, it's kind of his theme, and when there's too much strength in the attack, he can't do anything with it short of throwing some of it to the side, if that.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Background is rather short, but doesn't matter, the abilities were vague to the to powerful, but nothing to bad. Your Roleplay sample has me worried slightly, but your writting is fine so nothing bad, I suggest reading some other thread to see how the roleplay is usually carried out, if that doesn't suit you at all, just stick with the way you use, people should be able to read it.

With that said, unless someone thinks otherwise, I deem you to be.

Approved - Rank 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Conrad Streiber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conrad Streiber   Conrad Streiber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conrad Streiber
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Character Applications :: Character Sign Up :: Accepted Custom Characters-
Jump to: