The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The calm before the storm (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male
Number of Posts : 403
Job/Interests : Roleplaying
Quote : I'm that kinda guy, that does this kinda stuff.
Registration Date : 2010-07-05

The calm before the storm (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Tatsu was walking down the corridor of the academy, red ribbon flying in the hot air behind him while his hair floated lighting with the rough warm winds. The day was hot, painfully hot yet the shinigami gave no visual appearance of his annoyance to the heat. Sword on his side he strolled through the academy remembering that day when he met that captain, what would he give to see her again, with that thought he looked at his bandanna and sighed, picking up his pace and going in the general direction of the training grounds, which happened to be quite calm, some instructors sparring together as if to keep the edge up, Tatsu wasn't ready for anything to happen that day.

Sitting down on the side of the wall in the sparring grounds, the samurai took his sake bottle and took a small swig, making it go down with a sigh, he tipped his hat and decided to nap to the sound of clashing steel.
Back to top Go down
Kenji_Yasutake

Kenji_Yasutake

Male
Number of Posts : 43
Quote : "Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war"
Registration Date : 2012-12-24

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Kenji took his time and just as the person he was sparing with came in with his attack, a single handed thrust to kenji’s shoulder. It was dodged quickly, by lowering his shoulder letting it pass over the targeted shoulder. Kenji was predicting attacks, and acting accordingly. He was easily the head of his class when it came to swordsmanship. The second attack came from the left side. Which the hilt of his zanpakuto absorbed the impact and stopped the blade in its tracks. And finally the last attack in the salvo, coming from above. Kenji just turned his zanpakuto, so the tip of the blade pointed to the ground. The sword hitting hit hilt cap and the sound of it rung around him. This move broke the attackers stance, rolling around him kenji marked a three attack salvo.

He hit the back of the man’s knee with his sword, blood splashing with the swords travel. Shallow cut but it likely hurt like hell, turning his wrist, the path of Kenji’s sword switched cutting across his back twice in two different attacks. Causing the guy to hell out in pain as he fell to a knee and yielded to Kenji. Kenji sighed and turned his back on the guy and started to walk away. Walking past the crowed which had gathered to see two of the top swordsman in the class clash. He flicked his blade to get the blood off his blade.

Sheathing his zanpakuto he noticed someone dressed in shinigami garb, which was weird since most seem to stay away from the academy once they graduate. The click from the sword being sheathed filled his ears. He kicked the shinigami’s foot lightly with his. “Hey, you lost or something?” His calm, and cold demeanor ever present it was who he was and would likely change with time but that’s just something that only time would tell. For now he was perfectly happy with being the way he was. He didn’t need friend, but he still knew how to work with someone else as long as they didn’t get in his way.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Tatsu enjoyed the fight in front of him, looking up at the winner of the fight as he closed him on the samurai. ''I doubt I'm lost, else I wouldn't be in this place'' Tatsu said knowing that only someone who really wanted to be here would be here because no shinigami really goes to the academy. ''Just came to see a decent fight'' The samurai said offering a smile.

Raising up his arm Tatsu offered his jug of sake to the winner of the fight. ''Thirsty?'' it was truly out of respect for him, he didn't know how he would react but maybe he could get something done with this guy, if he listens to orders he might become someone very talented in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Kenji_Yasutake

Kenji_Yasutake

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:30 am

Kenji glanced over at the shinigami out of the corner of his eye. "I suppose that's true." His feet shifted as he turned to face the shinigami scoffing a little bit he pushed the hilt of his zanpakuto forward forcing it to move.

"It's hard to find a decent fight in this place, Helps when i retained all my combat knowledge from when i was alive." Kenji's left hand slid down the hilt of his zanpakuto out of habit and gripped the sheath just under it's guard. Taking the offered jug and moving to sit against the wall. Pulling the sheathed blade from his waist he sat down.

Resting his zanpakuto against him, guard resting against the front of his left shoulder. He hand one leg up his right foot resting flat on the ground in front of him. He opened the jug and took a drink. Closing his eyes giving a slight "Ahh" Sound as he wiped his mouth. "I haven't had sake in ages" His cold tone stayed, and his face remained serious.

"So i'm afraid you'll only find one sided fights with me, at least against students." Kenji held the jug of sake back up for him to take it back.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Tatsu smiled and took the jug that was offered back to him, taking a swig he tasted it and finally he gulped it down making sure he'd remember the taste of the sweet sake, or atleast until his next swig. ''You remind me of myself when I was here, the only fights I enjoyed was the ones with the instructors.'' Having that said he smiled a little. ''Until a captain came and kicked my ass into her division'' He laughed a little standing up. ''Of course I'm not as strong as Kaiyo, and I can't kick your ass into a division, but I'd willingly give you a fight you can enjoy.

Alot of people knew Tatsu, a year back he was a student here, he was one of the rare students to have been chosen personally by a captain and led out to a division, shortly after he was named third seat of the division. Leaving the bottle to the foot of the wall, the samurai stood up and replaced his zanpakuto in its proper place, he looked down at Kenji waiting to see if he would accept the challenge or not.
Back to top Go down
Kenji_Yasutake

Kenji_Yasutake

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Kenji glanced at the shinigami, as he spoke. His left hand gripping the sheath of his zanpakuto as it rested against his shoulder. Thumb gently running back and forth along the guard. "I see, 11th division." He had heard mention of Kaiyo, little did he know that he had met the soul that would be reborn into the same woman. He shook his head a little bit.

"Indeed, but no one is going to force me into a division. that's a choice i have to conceder carefully. It has been awhile since i've enjoyed a challenge." Kenji may not like fighting, but any swordsman that said he didn't enjoy testing his abilities and didn't enjoy a challenge was a lying fool

Standing up he held his zanpakuto in his left hand. He walked confidently to a place away from tatsu, making the distance about 40 feet or so. Plenty of distance in his mind for a starting point. Slipping his zanpakuto back into his sash, but keeping his hand around the mouth of the sheath, his thumb curling under the guard to push it up when needed.

His grip on his Zanpakuto caused the hilt to be pointed directly at tatsu and his body relaxed in order to move better. Kenji was always relaxed, finding his reflexes much more sharp in that state. Kenji took a deep breath and pre-paired himself. It seemed it would be a spar on the samurai from the same time who knew? And quite frankly Kenji didn't care too much. He was focusing himself to the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Tatsu stood up slowly and went to a random spot in the middle of the room, people crowded around the pair who were preparing to fight, not many people in the room actually knew the samurai and his fighting abilities. He looked at his opponent straight in the eyes, unsheathing his sword in a single swift motion of his hand. His zanpakuto was longer than most, he took a kendo pose, pointing his sword at his opponent. Tatsu was firm and unmoving, his strength resided into his resilience and he wasn't about to give in.

Tatsu waited, he wanted the tension to rise, the students who were looking could start feeling the spiritual pressure of the samurai, it wasn't really anything surprising for a shinigami within a division, some folks even started to cheer for Kenji, booing for the samurai.

The tall man dashed forward, he was fast that was for sure he attempted to reach the student before he could unsheath his sword, putting his hand on the man's wrist trying to prevent him from unsheathing at all.

If that failed Tatsu was ready to repel the counter attack that would be thrown his way.
Back to top Go down
Kenji_Yasutake

Kenji_Yasutake

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Kenji watched, through narrowed eyes. The eyes of a warrior, and he analyzed the shinigami. Kenji made no attempt to draw his sword, not right away anyway. He just watched and observed. The man's stance was what one would expect from a swordsman. Normal Kendo, which was nothing special. But then it came, keen eyes caught the movement.

The dash, the shinigami was fast. Maybe a bit faster then Kenji himself, All indications would lead to the conclusion that the shinigami facing Kenji was only a bit stronger power wise. But Kenji had a fighting style that was equally as unpredictable as it was deadly if he truly wanted to maim or kill when it was taken lightly.

So when Taka dashed forward Kenji let him grab his right wrist. Only then did Kenji take action. Turning his hand to grab taka's wrist himself and raised his arm. At the same time, kenji took a step forward and beside taka. Now came the counter attack, Left hand which was still holding the swords sheath came forward with all the power Kenji could muster. Sending the top of the swords hilt for Taka's stomach, Kenji's style was simple but it used every aspect of the weapon.

If his counter succeeded, it would force a little distance to be made. Nonetheless, Kenji showed no sign of enjoyment. His face remained blank and his eyes watched Taka for any sign of an attack. Kenji always tried to predict actions and move accordingly
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:26 pm

The motion was surprising, Tatsu didn't expect the counter attack to be used in such an effective way, moving away his offence and breaking his defence in a single move was an effective way to kill a humanoid enemy. Tatsu thought a moment about his situation, kendo wouldn't help him at this close a range, specially with his sword arm taken under the enemies grip. Tatsu noticed the quick strike coming to his stomach, that's when he understood his way out of the tight spot he was in. He followed the movement of the enemy, jumping in the air using Hakuda.

Switching up fighting style like this in combat was something Tatsu enjoyed doing, his glance was also still neutral and not a single noise other than their fight could be heard, every student was flabbergasted at the fact that Kenji was holding his own against a seated officer of a division. ''Good..'' Following his movement, having good chances that being in the air over his enemy he had dodged the hilt strike destined to wind the samurai. The kick came in quickly, from behind aiming for the head of his enemy. The goal was to make sure his enemy let go of his sword arm, because the samurai was physically and spiritual strong enough to keep himself in that position, -over the student- for a while.
Back to top Go down
Kenji_Yasutake

Kenji_Yasutake

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Kenji's eyes moved with taka's movements, It wasn't surprising that the hilt of his zanpakuto missed. A move that would have put any student on their knee's trying to regain their breath. But not this time he had to admit. Trying to grab his wrist and keep him from drawing his sword was a good tactic.

Kenji's response to the kick was nothing surprising at least for Kenji. Once taka was airborne, kenji did what taka wanted. Releasing taka's arm and lowering himself down to the ground the kick went right over his head. Rolling away and turning on his feet kenji realized that even for all his knowledge on swordsmanship. He was still young when he died and even now still had much to learn. Now with some distance between them Kenji finally took a stance.

Sliding his left foot back, shoulder length away from his right. Forcing his body to be angled, left arm forcing his sheathed sword to level more with the ground. Right hand moving across his body to hover over the hilt of his zanpakuto. Left thumb slowly pushing the guard up and the sword forward a half inch or so.

The crowed around them, well those that have already faced him knew the stance. All the chatter of the crowed stopped and a silence fell over. Kenji was visibly shaking in excitement. A slight Amber golden hue was slowly starting seep into the onyx black. A small ring had started to form around the inside edge of his iris. His the hint of remorse in his eye had faded in an instance, all he needed now was an opening.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Tatsu watched as the opponent drew further from his range. The samurai looked at the stance that was happening in front of him and analized it, it was a coicidence that he knew Iai, Tatsu used that in many fights but doesn't rely on it like this kid does. Without another moments thought the samurai came in at full speed. With the silence dropping in the room he knew this was something that had gotten their attention during classes.

Half way through his charge, Tatsu sheated his sword and unsheathed it as fast he could, it was a technique he liked using in a fight, he wanted to see the defensive abilities of the technique used in front of him, of course the samurai was ready for a technique he used himself on stronger opponents, taking a blow to land a stronger one was always something the samurai had in mind. He didn't know if the kid had the guts to use it in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Kenji_Yasutake

Kenji_Yasutake

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:18 am

Kenji watched the next charge, Kenji could keep up with the seated shinigami. As far as speed was concerned. He noticed the way the shinigami had sheathed his sword and then unsheathed it. Mirroring much of what kenji's style was. But nonetheless he acted. Turning the sheath a quarter turn he pulled the sword free the first sound of steel on steel contact rang through the two of them. Kenji's sword held so that the tip was pointed at the ground holding the strike at bay the best he could.

It was then that Kenji switched up his fighting style. Left arm came up and across his body reaching to grab Taka's sword arm once more. Kenji's spiritual pressure swelling to its full strength. Negligible compared to some that he'd likely felt among the division members. Only then did his cold voice come over the sound of battle. Not bad. He understood that just skill with a sword wasn't going to impress anyone. He had to work on other styles of fighting.

Switching to Hakuda, if he managed to grab Taka's sword arm. He released the pressure on his blade and planted his left foot. At the same time, Kenji whipped his upper body around forcing himself into a controlled spin. Kenji also brought up his left elbow sending it on a collision course with the side of Taka's head. The blow meant to unbalance his equilibrium and level the playing field. Kenji knew he was out classed but he wasn't going to go down with a fight.

What better way to see his training in action then against a seated officer? He saw this as a chance to impress, To get his name around to other divisions and generate more options for himself to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Tatsu noticed the little quarter turn to the blade and he was expecting a hit from the blade, but the hit never came, instead a grapple was launched against Tatsu's arm. A wise counter plan but what would be the following, was he switching up to close quarters more than they were. This man was very interesting in the eyes of the samurai, people were gasping left and right at the fight and Tatsu was enjoying it also, he didn't plan on losing but he sure as hell planned on making a hero of this guy in this classroom, he would get the respect he wanted.

The arm was grappled and the samurai saw the sword being plunged in his foot, luckily enough he didn't fret and moved his foot aside as the blade was planted. ''Fine'' The foot flew in his general direction and his arm was still trapped Tatsu had to find a way to counter said hit without being unbalanced, he didn't plan to lose and much less make a fool of himself losing to an academy student. He looked at the movement of the student, it mirrored the training Kuro had imposed on him, yet he could see the hit come because he wasn't as fast as the captain of the second division, it was an asset Tatsu had that many other's didn't. He lowered his upper body, still being held. Using his free hand as balance he flew a direct kick towards the stomach of the student, surely he would take the hit or let him go the samurai thought, but he never knew knowing that the student seemed ressourcul in the art of fighting.
Back to top Go down
Kenji_Yasutake

Kenji_Yasutake

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 am

Kenji had to react fast, feeling his elbow hit nothing but air. He let the momentum carry him around to face Taka. Lifting his leg up in the path of the kick, he felt the impact against his shin, and released Taka's sword arm to allow the force to slid him back and create distance. Using his planted foot as it slid against the ground, he launched himself into the air. Rolling back in the air he landed on the same foot, grimacing in pain as he placed his other foot down.

Kenji was shaking, as adrenalin pumped into his vains. His eyes slowly getting colder and more hollow then they usually were. Something was happening in his mind, he was starting to see flashes of his past. A vast battle field with swords and spears sticking from the ground. The shogun's banner caught high in the breeze with Kenji and Taka in the center of the carnage.

Bringing his sword up he held the hilt up to the side of his face with both hands. The point aimed at Taka, and the cutting edge up towards the sky. Kenji's stance changed, sliding his left foot forward, shoulder length away from his right. Left toe's pointed at Taka, with slightly bent ready to strike. "You're taking it easy on me." A vary cold smirk crossed his face.

He was enjoying himself, that much was apparent. He wouldn't he visibly shaking from excitement. Though his body was completely relaxed and his face stoic he had yet to land a hit. But he'd been able to avoid being hit himself, for the most part. That kick still stung be his fought through the pain and continued on. He wasn't going to just quit that wasn't in his character.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:58 am

Tatsu highered his guard faced his opponent, he was thankful that the bandanna was so faithful to hold his hair away from his face, this student was something else, someone who was bound to become great in the art of sword fighting. A blue hue surrounded the tall samurai as his opponent rose his sword in the air, he wasn't about to do his first release, but if the student wanted to take things seriously, Tatsu wasn't about to back down on the challenge.

The actual spiritual power of the shinigami started to rise, while the students surrounding the fight began to shake from the weight of the spiritual power. Lowering his left hand to the bottom of his sword hilt and his right hand highered just underneath his guard the samurai smiled, he would take on this foe with eagerness to prove his mettle. ''You are skilled..I honestly thought you were just another hot headed student, seems like you are gifted.'' With this the samurai used a shunpo to teleport himself right in front of the student, at the maximum range of his katana and without another moments warning he swung his sword down on the shoulder of the student, he really hoped his judgement wasn't wrong when he had decided to land this strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The calm before the storm (Closed)   The calm before the storm (Closed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The calm before the storm (Closed)
Page 1 of 1