The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- Empty
PostSubject: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:15 pm

'I guess i'm just hard to kill' she laughed lightly, her eyes tracing around the sea of gormless expressions. Not one person replied. In the absence of a response, Kaiyo rose to her feet, wiping down her now quite dusty uniform as she stretched her arms high above her head. Well, high for her. 'Anyway, i'm back, yay' she cheered, her bubbly voice matching her animated face as she waved her hands around for more emphasis. Once again, nobody said a word. It was starting to get awkward. Kaiyo felt her cheeks prickle with heat as she blushed slightly. 'Anyway...' she sang with an elongated pronunciation, stepping forwards to the ground of various shinigami. They all backed off a step. She took a moment to let that sink in. 'What?' she asked a little too aggressively.

A masked second division guy was the first to speak. 'Sorry, tai-' he caught himself before her title, clearly remembering that it was no longer hers. Kaiyo felt a tinge of annoyance bristle through her nerves but before she could bark back at him, he regained the ability to form words and sounds. 'Are you Kaiyo Saiyouko, ex-Captain of the 11th Division- deceased'. There it was, the stone cold gazes that shone with disbelief, they clawed at the girl's confidence. Kaiyo swallowed her doubt with a chirpy grin, 'Ex-deceased...And i wouldn't worry about the Captain thing, i think i got that part sorted' she smirked. There was a slight elevation of reiatsu there; at least this rabble of shinigami could sense a good fight when they heard it.

Her hand moved casually to the back of her head, ruffling her golden blonde hair as she bend her left leg and dropped her weight. She sighed. 'Anyway you can ask some 12th squad folks to check it's really me...It is, by the way' she added, as if they'd take her on her word. Kaiyo moved to take another step forwards, the group remained encased around her. They were starting to look very dubious themselves though, she could almost hear their hearts rattling with panic. Making a conscious effort to keep her cool, Kaiyo rolled her eyes. 'And you've all been told to guard who-ever, whatever is here until decision making people arrive' Their silence seemed like enough of an answer to her. The arms flailed up in the air as she growled in annoyance. 'Fine, make your damn calls or whatever it is you all do...But seriously, i'll be leaving here to get to my squad soon so i'd hurry up if i were you...'
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male
Number of Posts : 207
Registration Date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 am

Shin had just finished delivering his last message as a courier, it had been one last delivery to the seireitei, and there was a lot on his mind. He had recently just unleashed his shikai, and he was completely untrained in the ways of the shinigami, so he had been forcefully enrolled in the academy, he had yet to start classes but he was technically now a student of the shinigami academy. It had all happened so suddenly and he was not quite sure how he felt about it, sure he had been considering joining the academy, and he would be able to learn how to become stronger because of it, he like that part, but he still wasn't quite sure what shinigami life was really like, and that he was somewhat nervous about. He looked up at the sky and decided to check out the academy a bit.

As he was headed over to the academy there was a commotion happening off in the distance, and the curious boy that he was, Shin decided to investigate what was going on. There was a woman with blonde hair surrounded by a quite a number of uniformed shinigami, he could barely make out the woman from where he was, because of his height and the amount of shinigami in the way. He went closer just in time to hear a comment from one of the shinigami, indicating that the person standing before them was the deceased captain of the 11th squad, and the woman confirmed this. She must have gone on some kind of crazy mission and been presumed dead, but somehow made it back he concluded. Apparently they were supposed to keep her there until someone more important could come and decide. Shin decided that he would like a better look at the person who was the captain of the 11th squad and hopped up onto the roof of a nearby building and sat down on the edge. He was surprised when he saw her face, it was a face he had seen before a while back in the forest of the rukongai, but something seemed different about her now. Shin looked a bit closer and it really was the same woman as before, instead of getting lost on a dangerous mission she had somehow had amnesia and forgotten everything until recently? Shin decided to just wait and watch for now and see how the event unfolded.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Slowly, the more important people were beginning to arrive. To her annoyance, they had brought more useless people with them. It was a mess, and Kaiyo had become quite close to forcefully moving them aside. Better judgement prevailed for the time being, but it was fighting a losing battle.

Kaiyo sighed heavily, her voice managing a guttural growl through the gasp. 'I told you, my name is Kaiyo Saiyouko!' More scribbling. For as helpless as these people were, they all seemed to have some kind of fascination for writing down everything she said. About 100 people had gathered in her crater by now. Thankfully, her 12th squad folks had shown up to help her out of the situation they'd also caused. 'No, we were under special assignment to revive Kaiyo Sama' Kaiyo nodded enthusiastically as each of them spoke. 'It was a covert operation given the low chance of success'. Shock rushed over her; hell, she'd not even been told it was a low chance of success. Always nice to know you're in confident hands. She shrugged it off, they were trying to help at least.

All of this was happening too quickly for Kaiyo's liking and when someone stepped forwards with a needle to take her blood; she snapped. 'Oh Hell no!' she yelled, snatching the evil needle from the cretins hand as she threw it behind her head. 'I don't care if it isn't official that i out-rank all of you! I'll kick all your asses if you don't move out of my way. Right! Now!' Silence dropped onto her immediate group. They had nothing to say to that at least, it was only when Kaiyo took a step forwards, did they all visibly tense. She allowed a slow pause between her stride, but nothing. A glance shot between them all: self-preservation was a magical thing.

'Kaiyo Saiyouko...Stop there please' Her smug expression dropped so quickly she could practically feel it hitting the floor. She turned in horror to see her old sensei from the Soul Reaper Academy. On her turn, Kaiyo caught a glimpse of a face in the crowd. She had to double take. A small boy, one of the few anywhere near her own height- let alone smaller. Un-forgettable one might say. She looked at him with a puzzled look for a while, unable to help staring. The transition of her dead self to now had left small glimmers of faces and people. Pain hit behind her eyes as she tried to remember where she knew him from. Opening her mouth to question the individual, she was cut off.

'The central 46 has sent me here...'
That sure as hell caught her attention back. For the first time in years, Kaiyo felt like a badly behaved student again. Her shoulders rolled forwards as her spin curved; she smiled weakly. Kaiyo hadn't considered their involvement- let alone that they had in fact been the ones pulling the strings with her re-birth.

Last edited by Kaiyo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Shin watched with interest as more and more people began to slowly appear, It didn't really seem like much was happening at the moment, People were just coming up and asking random questions. Shin took this opportunity to pull out his lunch and start munching down on it, today he had pork buns once again, it was his favorite food after all, along with a bit of sushi and some veggies. It didn't take long for Shin to finish his meal, and by that time more people had arrived. These newcomers seemed to be from 12th division and seemed to be somewhat resolving, but then a lot of things started happening at once and Kaiyo seemed to be getting upset and started shouting at people to get out of her way. However she froze when the man behind her spoke, and slowly turned around towards him, but she stopped mid turn and stared directly at Shin, and then stared a bit more and then had a quick flinch in pain, until the other man spoke again and her attention was drawn to him.

Shin didn't know how to feel about the sudden focus of attention on him, especially since a few in the crowd followed her gaze and were starting to stare at him, one of the men from 11th Division came over to him and said, "Come down from there, boy." Shin didn't much like this attention so he said, "No, I don't want to." The man demanded that he come down. Shin said, "No." once more. The man leapt up onto the roof of the building, so shin quickly dropped down, avoiding him. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed that one of the 12th division people was still watching him with a thoughtful expression on his face. The other man leapt down and started moving after shin, who starting dodging the man's attempts to grab him. The noise was a little bit distracting for some of the people in the crowd and more and more were glancing over at him. The man who had been staring at him thoughtfully called out, "Hold it, come over here please." The comment was obviously directed towards Shin, and with all the people staring at him he felt compelled to obey this command.

Shin jogged over to the man, who told him to follow him and Shin was taken into the middle of the crowd along with Kaiyo, Shin looked around in a slight panic and said, "um... Hi?" The man who had brought him over said to Kaiyo, "Why did you stare and flinch when you saw this boy?" Shin glanced around nervously at the people around him. Shin noticed that the man who had surprised Kaiyo was waiting, and the thought popped into his head about how important the person who had brought him over was.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Kaiyo rolled her eyes, feeling her anger bubbling up inside her. She clenched her small fists at her side, opening her mouth to spit back an angry retort, when someone important spoke. Her anger dissolved to confusion as the boy was brought towards her. He seemed about reluctant as she way with the whole ordeal. Kaiyo shuffled her shoulders nervously; she never felt comfortable around so many officials. They were always so formal and it put her on edge. Her hand slapped against her cheek when the next official asked her about Shin. This was getting ridiculous.

Her head snapped between the two men and Shin. He looked terrified and short. The short stood out more to her. She threw him an apologetic look as she held out her hand to the boy; ignoring for a moment, the questions being fired at her. 'Sorry about this, hi, I'm Kaiyo' she smiled, her eyes tracing up to the boys gaze as she bowed slightly to him. Slowly, she withdrew her hand and turned back to the man who'd brought him out the crowd. She shook her head, narrowing her eyes with a flourish of her hands. 'I dunno! I thought I recognised him from somewhere but then my head hurt. I don't get why its a big deal!' The men glanced suspiciously between each-other and stepped closer to Kaiyo and Shin.

It was fast becoming apparent that the revives girl was quite oblivious to what had really happened to her. In all honesty, Kaiyo had been trying not to think about it. The fact that she'd been less than a shred of her soul; trapped inside a shell of a fake shinigami. The smarter dressed of the two men, an the one apparently in charge, pointed lightly at Kaiyo's new companion. 'What's your name boy? Have you ever met her before?'. It made no sense to Kaiyo, but she followed his hand along to look at Shin, because curiosity compelled her to do so.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 pm

He looked around nervously as everyone watched, the lady in the middle seemed to feel sorry for him, and even said as much and introduced herself as Kaiyo. He already knew as much from listening, but she was being nice to him and that helped him to relax a little bit. She looked him up and down and said that she thought she recognized him from somewhere, but then her head started to hurt. Shin looked at the two officials as they exchanged odd glances, they then stepped forward towards Kaiyo and Shin.

The one who dragged him over here pointed at him and asked what his name was and if he had met her before. Nervously he said, "Um, My name is Shin Kinsen.." and paused there, there were a few whispers from the crowd, "I heard Kuro brought him in." "I heard that he's already got a shikai and he's not even a student yet." "I heard that he actually caught Kuro." The man who'd brought him over stared and the crowd and said one word, "Quiet." and all noise stopped, and then he looked back at Shin and repeated the question, "Have you met her before?" Shin was nervous even more so than before and was kind of freezing up from all the attention and the comments from the crowd. "Boy! Answer the question." Shin jumped a little bit, but it managed to snap him out of the fear a little bit and he looked at Kaiyo up and down, it did seem like the same person, she was acting differently, but it was the same body and the same voice as before. Shin looked back at the man and said, "Um... Yes, I've met her before, before she got her memories back..." Shin bit his lip a little bit as the man stared at him with an extremely intense glare. He stared for a while before seeming to decide something and went on to say, "Describe the event in question."

Shin glanced at Kaiyo for a moment before thinking back to the incident in question, "Um, I was training in the rukongai forest, practicing running and avoiding trees and stuff, and all of a sudden she came out from a bush on the side and crashed into me, we tumbled along and ended up getting muddy, she apologized and promised to make it up to me, I said food would be ok, she agreed to buy me food. But there was a loud noise from the forest and i glanced over and when I glanced back she was gone." Shin looked up at the man who had asked, but he wasn't paying much attention to him at all, he was staring at Kaiyo and watching her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Kaiyo looked blankly at the stranger, her eyes twitching with severity as the crowd began to murmur. Her sharp gaze shot to each voice, catching every word they said as she looked back at soul in question. She couldn't help but laughing slightly; she figured it was true that all the best things come in little packages. Her hand moved up her face, sweeping back her golden locks as she settled her attention on Shin. Facing him completely, her eyes widened as he finally answered. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, was it worry? Shame? Fear? Despite herself she wasn't certain; either way she didn't like it.

She cradled one hand in the other, ringing her fingers through themselves as she stared at Shin. Letting his words wash over her. They'd met when she was part of herself; but not herself and she didn't remember at all. Kaiyo squeezed her eyes tightly together as she tried with all her might to remember the events he described. To start with, she managed to muster up the woods at least but with each passing second the memory grew fuzzier and more vague. She exhaled in frustration as she leant back from him. She was really becoming herself again; and losing all memories of her interlude as a result.

As she rubbed her temples lightly, she shut her eyes. Trying to ignore the two men whispering to eachother. Rumbles swept through the gawking crowd once more. Kaiyo opened her eyes with a shot, smirking across to Shin in a vague effort to help calm him down. 'Did you really manage to match Kuro with speed?' There was no malice of cruel intent behind her words, but there was an edge of combat there. Kaiyo's mind did that of its own accord, and fast opponents were always tricky ones, especially if this guy had shikai as well. Her brain slowly ticked back on as she eyed Shin up and down; surveying his own combat potential. His spirit power wasn't too bad either.

Once again, her attention was cut off by the two men. Speaking in their obvious hierarchical order. The man who had called Shin over spoke first. His voice was as cold and crisp as expected from any stern, boring person. 'Well, given that officially, the central 46 were aware of these proceedings, we shall leave it there for now...Though we will be back in contact with you shortly.' The second man just stared at Kaiyo and Shin; it made her skin crawl slightly. He nodded along with his superior though, 'An announcement shall be made to the Gotei 13, if and when you reclaim your position as Captain of the 11th Division'. There was a dagger in his words then, a doubt even. Beyond that, Kaiyo felt like she'd been given her life back for a debt she would surely be made to repay. The men withdrew into the crowd of underling shinigami; dictating the reports they'd be returning with.

Kaiyo turned back to Shin. Smiling weakly at him. She could feel the eyes from the shinigami who had gathered; their beady gazes waiting. She sighed, lifting her head as she peered around Shin to the group. 'Look, i'll be fighting in like, an hour, just piss off until then'. It took a moment, but they all appeared to agree. That was good, she figured she'd be getting an audience for her return fight anyway. Instantly though, her anger vanished and a warm smile settled on her cute face. 'Fancy a drink first?' she smiled politely. Given that she herself was still struggling with people and faces, she was glad to have found someone who didn't just stare at her. Plus, she could use the time to relax before her fight. As it was now; she was too highly strung.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 pm

It didnt seem like his story had the effect on Kaiyo that the man was hoping for and he seemed a little disappointed that nothing had really happened. Shin looked around as the two in charge whispered to each other there was still a little bit of whispering going on here and there from the crowd, but Shin was desperately trying to drown it out and ignore it, but it wasn't working so well and he was getting more and more nervous, and feeling horribly out of place in the middle of all these people. Kaiyo called out to him and asked if he had really caught Kuro. Shin had heard this comment from the crowd as well earlier, but it was and wasn't quite true, he had hit him once in their most recent spar, but that was when he was using shikai and Kuro wasn't, but he had never been able to catch up to Kuro in a pure race.

The two in charge seemed to come to some sort of agreement and stated, basically that it was over for now and that this complication would be ending, for now at least, and that they would announce her return, if she manages to reclaim her title of Captain. Shin was a little confused by this, they weren't just going to give her back her position? After thinking about it for a while it could be true that during her absence her power had degraded a bit, and it kind of made sense that they would have to test her again. The two men walked away but the crowd seemed to be hanging around, most of it anyways, but then Kaiyo seemed to get pissed and told them to go away, and that she'd be trying to reclaim her title in an hour or so. She then turned to Shin and asked him if he'd like to join her for a drink. Shin thought about it for a moment and decided that it would be a good experience to know another captain, even if she was former, for the moment at least, so he said, "Sure."

However before he got much further he heard some comments from two people in the crowd. One of them was the man who had tried to catch him and the other one was probably just his friend, he still didn't seem too happy that shin could evade him. "No wonder you couldn't catch him man." "I could catch him if i wanted to." The other man laughed, "oh really" "Yeah i could if i wanted to." "Nah man you couldn't catch him, he could probably even kick your ass too." The other man angrily said, "Shut up." "What you scared of some kid." The other man glared at him and yelled out to Shin, "Hey kid! Wana fight?" Shin looked over at the man, he had been listening but he didn't really feel like fighting. Shin called out ,"Not really." the man quickly replied saying, "What you scared?" Now Shin wasn't really one to back down from a challenge, but his shikai was a really brutal weapon and he didn't know how to hold back so he responded by saying, "Yeah, because I don't know how to hold back and I don't want you to die." Shin felt rather proud of his retort but the other man seemed to go almost into a rage, it seemed the only thing holding him back was the fact that Kaiyo was here, because he kept glancing back at her over and over, probably seeing if she'd let him fight or interfere. Now that there was a commotion again and with all the shouting, some of the crowd had turned around to see what was going on. However without the figures of authority there shin felt none of the nervousness he had felt before. A few members of the crowd started chanting, "Fight Fight Fight..." It seemed that the entire crowd was all 11th Division, it seemed that the rumors about them loving to fight were true, but it seemed like everything was on hold until people figured out what Kaiyo would do, she both was and wasn't their captain and many were still unsure about how she would act, regardless of how she was in the past.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Kaiyo beamed back her signature smile to her new friend, moving to leave the scorched crater she'd just created when she heard the voices. Her foot paused mid-air, hovering on the edge of uncertainty as she subconsciously shuffled a little closer to Shin. A pang of worry shot through her spine as she stepped ahead of Shin, standing motionless as she watched the events unfurl around her. Calmly, she looked between the two men, not saying a word to their cautious glances. Her eyes traced down to her companion; his own retort catching a smile unaware on her face as she stifled a giggle. The crowd seemed to gain momentum, curling around the pair with cheers and shouts.

Kaiyo sighed heavily, allowing her gaze to wander lazily through the faces. Some she knew, a lot she didn't recognise at all. Still, it didn't take a genius to work out that the burly men around the two children seemed to all be from the same division. Her hand moved casually up the back of her neck as she scratched the back of her head gently. She glanced back next to Shin. Her natural radar for power had already scanned him; since his speed hadn't been a lie she figured that with the reiatsu he had stored would make him the clear winner amongst the thugs.

The chanting grew louder and more aggressive, erring along the edge of caution with the girl's presence. Eventually, Kaiyo shrugged, her small motion sweeping a hushed silence through the crowd. 'He'll win ya know...' she mused aloud; she often just said what she was thinking anyway. She looked back across to Shin, checking for any sign of refusal on his part. She didn't particularly notice any. Her words had already hit a nerve anyway and with it; came a rather regrettable reply. 'This from a has-been ex-Captain?!'.

A single spark flashed across Kaiyo's eyes as she moved her piercing gaze to the voice. She titled her head along to the side, dropping her shoulders with an exaggeration as further murmurs spread through the thugs. Clearly, she herself had some more respect to earn back. 'Us two against all of you then? If you're not too scared of course' she retorted confidently; not considering for a moment that Shin might object. There was only about thirty of them anyway. A laugh swept through the men as Kaiyo's smile grew wider and wider. 'Two kids against all of us?' The main aggressor sneered. The gaits around them altered, dropping their gravity and hovering their hands at their blades.

Kaiyo bit her bottom lip slightly, turning calmly to Shin as she shrugged at him. 'At least now we can call it a victory drink after?' she added, as innocently as she could muster.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Shin looked around at the crowd as Kaiyo stepped up next to him and declared that, Shin would indeed win the contest, and then looked down at him as he looked up at her, he was quite confident that he could win. The people around them seemed to be mostly unranked shinigami, which according to what he had been told by Kuro and a few others, he had already surpassed. He was slightly worried about the outcome of the fight in only that, his shikai was nothing more than a brutal killing tool, every blow was designed to be devastating, and he didn't want to kill anyone. Then came some back talk from the crowd, insulting Kaiyo now as well, and Shin started to get a bit upset at all the trash talking coming from the crowd now.

Kaiyo seemed to come to a decision though and issued a battle declaration, everyone there against her and Shin. Shin stared at her in surprise, what had she just gotten him into? He was sure he could easily defeat one or two, but all of them? That could be difficult, but then again, his weapon was specialized towards massive scale battles. This might be just what he needs to gain respect around here, besides he had a former Captain on his side. A few Calls out from the crowd, but they accepted the challenge and looked ready to fight. Kaiyo turned to him and calmy said, "At least now we can call it a victory drink after?" Shin looked back up at her and said, "Yep." Then looked back out at the crowd and said, "Don't Regret this."

Shin drew his tanto from his belt, most of the crowd drawing their own weapons as well and starting to spread out a bit. Shin held his weapon sideways and said, "Devour, Akumu..." Shadows shot out from either end of the weapon and quickly formed into his Shikai. It was a brutal weapon, shin was always somewhat amazed at the viciousness of the weapon, it was an extendable whip spear, with spiked and bladed sectionals, and on top of all that, it was double ended. Shin gave it a spin before slamming it into the ground. The ground buckled under it and cracked, giving the illusion that shin was extremely strong, but in fact it was merely that his weapon was extremely heavy.

The crowd had yet to move so it gave Shin a few moments to think about strategy, he could just dive in swinging, but that could be dangerous and he wouldn't be able to see very well, he had his speed, but he wasn't suicidal. He decided to go for an aerial assault and leapt up into the air above the crowd and extending his weapon sending y rapid sweeping strikes through the crowd as fast as he could. The screams and blood worried him for a second before he reminded himself that they had asked for it, they had not only insulted himself, but the one who taught him, Kuro, and on top of that had insulted their former captain. A few people in the crowd started to leap up after him so he started aiming some of his strikes to hit them and shove them back down to keep them from reaching him...
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 am

Kaiyo hadn't moved from her spot, the leery grins of the men surrounding her seemed to gleam a memory from her real world life; her death even. She shuddered lightly as another segment of her memory flooded back through her mind. The hope at the back of her mind was dwindling- the hope that she would be able to start again and have less pain to carry with her. Expert enough was the Captain that she reflected no such emotion to others; it was hers alone. So Kaiyo just stood there, blinking slowly with a stoic expression.

Eventually, she sighed to herself. Bringing her mind back to her current situation she glanced around, whistling loudly at Shin's zanpakuto. She eyed his blade impressively, noting the weight and obvious destructive power it held; was this the reason he hadn't wanted to fight? That thought was shrugged off- nobody had forced the guy and he might even enjoy a good run around. Kaiyo yawned lazily as the men around them began to creep further in towards them. She glanced downwards at her hip; tempted so sourly to use her own Zanpakuto but she decided she didn't want to kill anyone by accident. She was afterall, not quite herself yet.

Hand to hand combat it was. Another look to her slightly more cautious partner and Kaiyo edged closer to him; her eyes toying the metal of his blade. She managed to lift her curious gaze to Shin with another grin, 'So i figure you just go for it, and anyone else ya can't sort out i'll clean up?' With his speed she didn't think he'd be in any real danger though so if just to allay his fears; she would keep an extra close eye on his back and take down any strikes he couldn't quite make. Plus, she wanted to see what his sword could really do.

With that in mind, Kaiyo twisted around with her hips, bringing her knee up in her turn as she slammed it into the gut of her first attacker. His choked out the remaining air from his lungs; doubling over her small frame as he dropped like a sack of potatoes to the ground. Her smile grew; perhaps a brawl was what she needed as well. She blonde girl stepped forwards, a small rush of her reiatsu encasing her body. Carefully though, she didn't want to lessen any fun, so she didn't exactly go all out.

Another swordsman came running at her, she stepped in closer, grabbing the inside of his bladed hand as she spun round, twisting his arm right around his back until she heard a pop; his blade rattled to the ground. She spun on her heels, bringing her foot after her as it connected with a jaw; sending one man flying into three others. She ducked a clean swipe; allowing the sound of a sword slicing through air to fill her ears. This guy was particularly weak; not even in the 11th squad- so she found it a little more insulting. She weaved back up to avoid his next hit, smirking to herself at the panting attacker tried again. His eyes widened with fear as his sword was stopped entirely by the girl's bare palm. Slowly, Kaiyo wrapped her small hand around the weak metal blade. She considered snapping it, but better judgement prevailed she she just spun in towards him and shot her elbow into the sweet spot in his neck.

She glanced up to Shin; having cleared a fair few around her with a graceful ease, she was intrigued to see how her latest partner was fairing. Particularly with a sword like his.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:23 pm

After knocking some people back to the ground he risked a quick glance at Kaiyo, she seemed to be doing well, She chose to go unarmed at it seemed at she was defeating each opponent with a single blow, quite a powerful ally indeed. She also seemed to be invulnerable to their attacks, even going so far as to stop a blade with her bare hand, Shin was honestly impressed at her power, she was showing a very different combat style than the one he had seen Kuro using before. Shin brought his attention back to the battle at hand, he was falling from the sky onto the far edge of the crowd. He decided to turn his fall into an attack so he retracted his weapon to it's condensed form and did a downward strike on a foe, the weight and momentum behind the blow shattered the man's blade and bit deep into his shoulder, inflicting further damage as Shin pulled his weapon free. Shin kicked the man in the face and knocked him out so he would not pose a further thread to him in the fight.

He spun around to face the crowd which started to spread out before a few charged him, he had an advantage though, very few people know how to strike properly at a shorter opponent. Shin spun out of the way of a downward chop letting the momentum spin his weapon into the man's side and followed through. A quick lunge from another man caught shin a bit off guard, but with his quick reaction he dove under the strike and attacked the man's legs, downing him. The low strike had given him a quick idea but he wasn't sure if he would be able to pull it off. A sudden rush of air brought him back to his senses as he blocked a sweeping strike, but the force of the blow was far heavier than he had expected, it sent him flying through the air, but he managed to land safely on his feet about 10 feet away. The man's weapon was huge, some type of hybrid between a claymore and a cleaver. The man rushed forward and shin move to do a sweeping strike on the man's side, but he just blocked it and attacked with his own giant weapon, shin did a quick backwards dodge out of the way before diving in to do another sweeping strike, but this time right before he hit, he extended the weapon, so when the man blocked, the flexible weapon wrapping multiple times around the man's body. Shin did a quick tug as the man looked down at him, and then shin retracted the blade forcefully, the weapon spun around the man's body as it retracted, creating hundreds of cuts all over his body, creating a spray of blood, before snapping back into place. The man stood silent for a moment before collapsing face first onto the ground.

The mob of people froze for a moment as some of them realized the sheer brutality of his weapon, it was not decorative or even that beautiful, it was a weapon designed purely for carnage and destruction. Shin took this moment to take a breath or two before trying out a new tactic, he started spinning the weapon as fast as he could above his head, and then extended each side of the weapon to about 20 feet and started attacking the mob with repeated slow sweeping strikes. A few managed to stop the segments from hitting their legs and a few jumped to dodge, but many were not expecting a low strike, and it hit quite a few people, the blow did not have a lot of force behind it, but it was more about crippling his foes than finishing them off. He followed those strikes with some at chest level for those who had tried to dodge and managed to land a few more wounds on people, but he quickly realized that it did not matter where he aimed, so he just continued doing random strikes into the crowd, until one man dove forward and let it wrap around his body, shin retracted the weapon as he had done before, downing the man and spraying blood, but it had given many others an opportunity to dive forward back into melee range, and so Shin fell back into close quarter combat.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am

Kaiyo had felt her body refusing to move amidst the chaos; enthralled too greatly in the display from her partner. A weapon born of sheer carnage. To her mind; it was truly magnificent. Her mind tugged her back into the fight at head. Her not wanting to shed blood was her choice alone so she didn't begrudge Shin for doing so in fact she respected him for it a little more. A wisp of energy slithered around the Captain; silently brandishing an aggression unparalleled to all combatants around her. Kaiyo spun around, ducking low as her hand gripped tightly around an approaching ankle; flipping it backwards as the rest of the attacker followed; crunching loudly as thy landed on their neck.

She blinked away her confusion for a moment, knocking out another random squad member with a single cross to their jaw. They just don't make Shinigami like they used to. Her ribcage opened as she stretched her arms high above her head, yawning up to the sky as her image vanished in a flash. Appearing just above Shin's shoulder; Kaiyo decided to protect his blind side. She dodged a punch to her face, reacting in a split second as she grabbed the extended arm and slammed her open palm against the elbow. She tossed the howling lump of a soul aside as the next attack came. Their sword gleaned a spark of light that had begun to splinter through the dark clouds above. It seemed the weather was altering. The tip of the blade shot towards Kaiyo's neck as she bobbed under the sword; opening Shin's back for a split second as she jammed her elbow against the attackers; holding their hand as she forced their sword straight up in the air- just in time to dig beneath an exposed shoulder of a flying attacker. Blood seeped from the torn shoulder as Kaiyo leapt up from the first man. Tearing the blade further through his flesh as she threw him backwards; flipping back to the ground as her foot connected with another mans face; sending him crashing into the dirt like a cannon ball.

A spray of blood had splattered across the blonde girl's cheeks. On the offset it seemed so out of place; bright and stark against her lightly tinted face, exposing her soft smile for the demons shrouded within it. Three men left. They encircled Kaiyo and Shin with expression filled only with fear and regret If they'd chosen to run, she wouldn't have chased them; she didn't care enough for their battle prowess to find a chase worth while. Her casual expression taunted their tension as she scratched the back of her head. Kaiyo yawned silently once more as she shut her eyes. An obvious invitation that two men took- fools. Eyes still closed, Kaiyo bent lower on her knees, both arms raised and bent above her head she smirked into her self-imposed darkness. Loud brutes with no tactics who pounced on an opponent who gave such an obvious opening. She took the first man in his lunge, spinning into her attack as she took hold of his blade and spun it quickly and precisely straight through his own torso. Before his frozen body even dropped, the other man was inches from her, sword raised and panic strewn across his body. Even with her eyes closed, she could smell the fear on him; hear his sporadic heart that twinged in terror. She turned her back to him, folding her elbow neatly over his downward strike as she brought her other elbow around against his jaw. Releasing her grip only when she heard the bone shatter. She spun round with a final flourish; holding a mild boxing stance as both men crumbled to the ground.

Kaiyo bounced up with a smile, brushing down her robes as she turned to Shin. 'Ready for that victory drink now?' she beamed; not even the little bit tired, in fact Kaiyo felt more awake for the warm-up.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm

As Shin was pushing his way into the group, He became increasingly aware that many people were trying to flank him or dive in from above. He was able to Keep them at bay, but the more defensive he was, the less pressure he put on his enemies so they attacked more. He was starting to have some difficulties Guarding until Kaiyo showed up and covered his back for him, she also started swatting down some of the aerial enemies that were trying to attack them from above. This allowed Shin to dive in and attack without restraint, he dove low and did a few low swipes followed by a few rapid thrusts towards people. As it turns out, none of them were expecting thrusts from his weapon and so these attacks were extremely effective. After a few more thrusts of his blade there were only 3 men left of all the people that they had challenged, or of the men that had challenged them, shin wasn't really sure anymore.

Kaiyo taunted them by relaxing and closing her eyes, and they took the bait. Shin wouldn't have but he could feel how superior to him Kaiyo was, if it came down to fighting her he would probably just run away. But it seems these men were fools, for they dove in. Kaiyo quickly dispatched the first by impaling him on his own sword and the second by shattering his jaw. It was the first time Shin had gotten to actually watch Kaiyo fight, and he was impressed by her Hand-to-hand combat prowess. After she had taken out those two she turned to him and said, "Ready for that victory drink now?" Shin was a little startled from the remark, after all there was still one man left standing with his sword pointed towards them. Shin dove forward before the man moved and swung his weapon around at the side of the man while extending it so it wrapped around his body, the man was startled, but dove forward anyways, but not at shin, but at Kaiyo. Shin quickly retracted his weapon, causing the reversed spikes on his blade to dig deep into the man's flesh as they circled around his body again and again until they were free. The man fell face first onto the ground at Kaiyo's feet, however as a side effect of his attack Kaiyo was now splattered with even more blood than was on her before. Shin walked over to her and looked at himself and at her, they were both splattered with blood from him swinging his weapon around, but it wasn't like they were dripping other people's blood, Shin's long range tactics had in fact, kept most of the blood spilled by his weapon off his body. He was dirty with other people's blood that was true and it was true for Kaiyo as well, but it wasn't quite at the level where he felt the need for a shower and a change of clothes.

He looked up at Kaiyo and said, "Now I'm ready." Shin threw Kaiyo a quick smile and waited for her to show the way to the restaurant or bar so he could follow.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:36 am

Kaiyo watched with a sly intrigue to see how Shin would deal with the last shinigami; he didn't disappoint. The short girl completely still, holding complete faith in her partner she was unable to hold back a small giggle as the last man tumbled at her feet. 'Heh, nice one' She shot a quick smile to Shin and stepped over the body, swinging her arm around his shoulder as she moved. 'So, I know this milkshake bar nearby, they're amazing' she spoke emphatically, motioning with her hands as she spoke. It was a particular trait of hers, likely because she was just too energetic about most things. Kaiyo had long since been mocked for her love of milkshakes, in truth, they were her tasty alternative to sake. Since most other shinigami drank alcohol, and her tolerance for such a drink was non-existent, she enjoyed a refreshing milkshake often.

Strands of bright blonde hair danced along through the air behind her, curling around her neck as she glanced back at the mass of bodies. It felt good to be back. Kaiyo craned her neck to the side as they moved, wincing slightly until she heard the crack of release. She rolled her shoulders gently as well; she felt like she'd been asleep for years. It showed as well, she'd have some serious training ahead of her for the next few weeks. 'So, how'd an academy student learn Shikai?' she mused lightly, not meaning anything in particular behind her words, just simple wondering. She could only imagine what his Bankai was like.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Shin wasn't quite sure how to react to the nice one comment, after all he had just badly wounded a man, he didn't have much time to think about it however as Kaiyo just hopped over the body to him and put her arm around him, resting her hand on his shoulder. She spoke of a milkshake bar, and she quite obviously really liked milkshakes, she must feel about milkshakes the same way he felt about Pork Buns. Shin had never actually had a milkshake before so he wasn't quite sure what to expect, but didn't want to interrupt her. If she was this excited about them they must be pretty good.

So they started to head out towards the bar, leaving the mass of fallen bodies behind. Kaiyo suddenly out of the blue asked him how he learned shikai. Shin pondered for a moment before answering, he knew it was going to be a long answer, "Well, I learned shikai before becoming an academy student actually. They made me join the academy, saying that I needed to learn what it meant to be a shinigami, and they can't have someone who has unleashed shikai on the loose." Shin paused to think for a moment before continuing, "While i was living in rukongai i was a special permissions courier, I delivered things, sometimes dangerous things, but i had always been confident in my speed, noone had ever really matched my speed. Then one day Captain Kuro comes along at high speed, and I decided to follow him, this person that was faster than me. Ended up meeting him and basically making him promise to train me and make me faster. A while later we met up for my first training session, and he bullied me around and beat on me using his speed, i got so fed up I infused energy into my legs to try and escape, apparently he just wanted me to learn how to use energy, but i was too focused and i ended up trying to shunpo to escape and ended up messing up my leg for a while. After that Kuro got really busy with the whole Raiden incident and the whole, "Shin paused for a moment, this word was difficult for him, "On-Mit-su-ki-do Revolt thing. So I ended up training a lot on my own, trying to figure out what it meant to be a shinigami, because he said the only way for me to get faster and stronger was to become a shinigami, I was trying to decide if it was worth it. Eventually i accidentally tapped into my inner world and met my inner spirit, he offered me power, but i declined because i thought he was a demon or something trying to take my soul. After Kuro was free again after dealing with the... Revolt thing, We had a sparring match, he dominated me, and shattered my weapon, as i was lying on the ground broken hearted, the Spirit appeared and gave me his power, and i used it. I acually managed to put a scratch on Kuro's face. I don't think he expected me to unleash and keep fighting, he was surprised and as you saw my weapon is hard to get used to, well then he unleashed his shikai, and it pretty much ended right there." Shin took a breath or two and waited for her to respond, it didn't seem that odd to him, but he was curious to how it would seem to a normal shinigami, let alone a captain.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Kaiyo allowed her gaze to wander as Shin replied; she hadn't expected the fully story, but was glad he'd felt comfortable enough to give it any rate. She nodded along politely as he spoke, showing little alteration to her expression as she allowed him to finish. The trail along to her milkshake bar seemed so familiar and yet so different; perhaps it was just so vivid in her memory that small details seemed larger? She wasn't sure entirely but she grateful for the company as well. The clouds were oddly calm for the day, and had already settled from her Shikai release. The dark tint of storm had long since faded back to a pleasant blue and the sun was starting to split through the clouds. The warmth prickles along her skin as she mindfully brushed a few extra splatters and blood from her face. She was used to such annoyances afterall.

She giggled lightly as Shin's story drew to an end; the image of Kuro looking surprised was a rare sight and she was a little sorry she'd missed it. Then again, she missed him. The sadness of lost friends was blinked away in a millisecond as she threw a rather odd glance to Shin. She couldn't help but smile at the guy, for all he'd achieved already, he seemed so blissfully unaware of it all. It was a nice quality to see, and a rare one around most shinigami. Kaiyo nodded respectfully to him as she replied with a coy smile, 'Heh, sounds like you've had a bit of an adventure already then' she mused, rounding a corner as she unwrapped her arm from her friend. Her attention caught by the colourful sign that stood so prominently amidst the street. Garish though it was, there was an un-quenchable thirst that life alone could not solve, for such an issue she believed solemnly that milkshakes were invented.

Her face lit up with excitement as she grabbed tightly onto the material around Shin's waist, making sure she had a tight grasp as she flash stepped the pair straight inside the bar. They appeared in a split second on the two high stools; Kaiyo was already spinning around on hers with a cheer. 'Two milkshakes please! One chocolate andddd-?' She slowed her spinning round with an expectant gaze at Shin; waiting for him to order. It was moments such as these, that merely highlighted the childlike mentality of the girl. Kaiyo ruffled the back of her hair gently, lost in perusing thoughts over Shin's story once more. 'Hmmm...' she thought a-loud; utterly ignorant of the scene she'd created by such an entrance, never mind that the shop owner clearly recognised her as well. 'So, why do you, wanna, be a shinigami?'
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Shin smiled a little bit as Kaiyo commented on his journey to how he became an academy student. He caught sight of the sign after Kaiyo looked at it, it was an odd sign, a strange mixture of colors in it's design. He felt a quick tug at his waist and glanced to the side in order to see the world blur by and suddenly he was sitting on a stool, he quickly gripped the counter tightly and shoot his head to clear it. So that's what it's like to move using shunpo, it seems disorienting though. Kaiyo quickly ordered a chocolate milkshake and glanced over at him, Shin glanced at the board for the options, but he couldn't really make sense of it, and he had never had a milkshake before so he just decided to follow Kaiyo's lead. So he said, "Ummm, I'll take a chocolate too..."

Shin glanced around as Kaiyo hummed to herself and spun in the chair, everyone it seemed was shooting quick glances at them, and shin realized that both of them still had blood splattered on the, they had both cleaned up their faces and hands, but their uniforms were speckled and splattered with blood. Shin pointedly faced back towards the counter trying to ignore the glares and whispers. Thankfully, Kaiyo chose that time to ask him why he wanted to be a shinigami. It was a question he had often asked himself. He felt it best to say the whole truth of what he felt so she could understand, that was always his usual choice was to tell them the whole truth and let them decide, so he said, "Well at first i wanted to become one just to be stronger, to be faster, and Kuro said it was the only way I could get stronger so he kinda geared me towards that, and it has made me stronger... But I wanted to know what it was like to live as a shinigami, what you had to do and what day to day life felt like, before making a decision. Because of my speed I had a good paying job in the rukongai, so i was living pretty comfortably. I asked a lot of different shinigami, but none of them could really give me the answer i wanted, they all just... kinda... gave me bits of information on what they were interested in, I'm not even sure I want to be one, but they pressed me into doing it." Shin looked over at Kaiyo to try and read her expression.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:04 am

Kaiyo rapped her fingertips against the counter with an eager grin, holding her expression as Shin answered. She peered at him thoughtfully, her large blue eyes gazing lightly in to his. She nodded slightly, furrowing her brow vaguely in thought. She'd thought it might be something like that- no doubt people always assumed to be helping Shin when pushing him to be a shinigami, but she knew better than anyone how difficult it really was as well. Still, with a sword like his: well, he'd be a fantastic asset to any squad.

'Alright then' she summarised; having replied mostly with her eyes she glanced back to the two milkshakes that were slid along to pair in a timely fashion. She leant back a little with her trademark smile, pulling in her ice cream drink towards her as she ran her fingers along the cold glass and slurped up the tasty liquid through the straw. She withdrew for a moment, glancing at Shin to see how he was enjoying his own drink. 'Ya know, you don't have to be a shinigami right? Like, nobody can force ya' she smirked slightly- to herself more than anything, purely at the wondering thought of it the central 46 had in fact ever forced anyone to be a shinigami. Probably. They were a tricksy bunch.

Still, it made perfect sense that a person would simply wish to be stronger, but Kaiyo felt sorry for her new friend. In a way, she wasn't sure people had been perfectly up front with him. 'But if ya do have any questions, i'd be happy to try an answer em' she grinned across to him. Noticing only then how battle-worn he actually looked, the white academy robes really showed the blood a lot more than her standard shinigami ones. She chewed her lip slightly, remembering their very recent brawl. No doubt that would come back to bite her in the ass- she already felt like she was on thin ice. Not that she'd ever been one to worry overly so she shrugged off her doubts and set to inhaling the rest of her drink.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 am

Shin looked cautiously at the large drink placed in front of him and then glanced over at Kaiyo, he had an odd shocked expression on his face as he watched her basically inhale the drink at a rapid pace. He glanced over at his drink before sucking up some of it through the straw. Kaiyo commented that noone can MAKE him e a shinigami if he doesn't want to be one. Shin thought about it for a moment, all the while making a little, "Hmmmm" noise as he drank his drink. He thought back to the few instructors and Kuro pressuring him to be a shinigami, he knew that a lot of them wouldn't feel comfortable with a loose shinigami about.

Kaiyo volunteered to answer any questions that he might have, and he thought back to all the questions he had asked before, and then started to ask, "What are a shinigami's duties? What can i expect to have to do? Patrols? Hunt Hollows? Do I get free time? How do people spend their free time? I know some of the basics of what they are supposed to do, but what i really want to know is what shinigami life really is like on a day to day basis, I know roughly what i can expect to do while working, but I don't know what it's like to LIVE as a shinigami... Can you tell me?" The last part was almost a whisper, noone had been able to answer the question for him, he wanted to know fully what it meant to be a shinigami before locking out other options for his future, but they had already really been locked out, so now he just wanted to know what he was in for.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Her head jerked back a fraction; caught off guard by the apparent onslaught of questions Shin had clearly been holding on to for some time. Slowly, her wide deer in headlight eyes faded to their normal size as she dropped her shoulders with a smile. Kaiyo turned briefly back to her milkshake, placing her hands palm down on the counter as she drained the rest of her glass. The cool smooth liquid was like heaven; a party in her mouth even...She enjoyed milkshakes more than a normal person should. Oh well. She leant backwards with a satisfying exhale, nodding respectfully to the bar staff for another round. Her vice it seemed was clearly these drinks. Her blood splattered uniform creased around her small frame as she bent her right arm up; flexing her toned muscles as she scratched the back of her head.

'Eh...' she muttered to herself, allowing his questions to slowly sink in as she spun back around on her chair to face Shin. 'Shinigami, well...Shinigami in my squad' There was a spark of enthusiasm in her speech, of course she loved what she did and she shared her enjoyment with anyone who cared to buy in to it; but there was a seed of doubt around this new friend and whether or not he truly wanted the life he'd been given. Of course, Kaiyo showed no such signs of doubt, and her eyes creased as he cheeks raised with her grin. 'We spend a lot of time training, and running who squad training exercises, i guess for each squad they do different stuff, like ya know the second squad spend loads of time sneakin around an stuff' A minor jab at Kuro's division; she would have to catch up with him later. 'But we fight and spar and keep sharp in case we're needed' Her chest puffed out with pride there, her shoulders squaring for only a fraction of a second. To Kaiyo, being the combat division, and the main defensive force for Soul Society was a great honour.

'And we're given missions, usually, the Captain...me...Will give em out depending on who suits what and stuff' she rubbed the back of her neck gently, careful not to confused herself by what she was saying. Kaiyo had never considered how other Captains handed out missions, but she liked to pick the best people to each jobs. So she assumed others would do the same. 'We do have patrol shifts but there's so many people in the squad that ya only do it rarely, like in rotation kinda thing...Missions can be anything from helping out some royals to hunting hollows in the real world- we do everything'. Her attention span was cut short by the arrival of two more milkshakes; one for Shin as well. Her gaze wandered the cool droplet sliding down the glass, shifting back to Shin as her mind froze. What else had he asked...Her eyes tilted up to the right of her view as she chewed her bottom lip in thought.

She clicked her finger back at Shin as she remembered; catching her train of thought once more, she continued. 'Free time, like, a third of a week? But if ya don't train as much as ya should then its more, sometimes less.' Her smiled waned slightly and her eyes lifted to the boys gaze, piercing his own as she spoke more seriously. 'It's not a job, you have to love it...You help people, you have to make tough choices, but ya make lots of friends...And you lose some as well...I guess, it's as hard as it is rewarding?' Her speech faltered with her mouth a-jar, she was one to talk, returning from the dead and already preaching about her life; she loved it all the same.

Her cheeks flushed slightly as she shrugged off her emotions. 'I wouldn't wanna live any other way though and ya know, if ya pick a good squad...Even work feels like play' she smirked, winking slightly at Shin as she leant forwards for more milkshake.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Shin sipped his drink as he listened to Kaiyo's measured responses to his questions, and it really seemed like she was the first person to really answer him in what he actually wanted to know. He wasn't too surprised that they spent a lot of time training, and it did make sens that different squads would have different kinds of training, he knew very little about all the different divisions, but he had heard that 11th was fighters, 2nd was stealth and information, 12th was research, and 4th was medics. He thought about it and thought it odd that only 4 of the 13 Divisions had specialties, at least that he knew of. Kaiyo being the captain of 11th Division would obviously know more about her own Division, but it was still good knowledge.

Shin was a bit relieved to hear that the Captain decided who goes on what missions based on the skill set of the individual compared to the mission, so that he wouldn't be sent on suicide runs, at least not by Kaiyo anyways. The notion that shinigami rarely have to go on patrols was a bit of a surprise, but then again with a lot of people being shinigami it did kind of make sense to him. He was a little surprised to hear that their missions could also include helping out the royal families, he had heard that they had their own people to do stuff for them so it was a little confusing to him. He was distracted by the waiter setting 2 more milkshakes down one in front of each of them, he still hadn't finished his first one, but Kaiyo seemed excited about it. He decided he shouldnt make it go to waste so he started to try and finish his first one so he could move onto his second.

A third of the week as free time, shin had to think about that for a moment, doing a little bit of calculations, 8 hrs of sleep, 16 hours left, so about 5 hours a day. Shin was somewhat surprised by that once he managed to do all the math, it was a surprising amount of free time for a lifestyle. Kaiyo was trying her best to describe what it was like to live as a shinigami but, it just seemed like it was like any other kind of lifestyle, just with a few add on problems. Make friends, help people, difficult choices, the only real difference was a higher risk of death it seemed. Kaiyo seemed to enjoy it though, and she even said as much.

She had given him a lot to think about, and so he just sat there and finished off his first drink as he thought about her answers, and thinking about shinigami in general and if there were any other questions that he wanted answered, seeing as Kaiyo was more than willing to answer his questions in a manner that was fulfilling. After a few moments he paused and switched his straw to the new milkshake and took a sip before saying, "Can you tell me what each squad does? I know about 2,4,11 and 12, and im honestly thinking about joining 2 or 11. I know Kuro and he's a bit of a mentor to me, but there is always that feeling of distance from him. Then again my weapon doesn't really fit what I know of 2nd Division, but it really fits 11th Division, and You're nice and easy to hang out with, seems like a more personal environment, it's just hard to decide..."
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Her light eyes traced his expressions casually as she appeared to hold all attention in her second milkshake. She was a little more observant than that though. Within the lapse of response, her small hand stretched along the counter, gently plucking a napkin from the edge of her reach as she wiped the trickle of blood from her face. It didn't bother her in the slightest, but she didn't want to appear too violent to the patrons of her favourite watering hole. Most of them knew her anyway, which at least explained half the stares at the dead girl. She spun round her feet to face Shin when he seemed to decide on his next barrage of questions. She smiled comically at him; he really did have a lot of questions.

Even worse; they were questions she couldn't really answer. Instinctively, her hand drew up the back of her neck, rubbing it slightly as she narrowed her eyes, 'Erm...Each squad' Her words elongated as she searched her mind frantically for what they all bloody did. It occurred briefly to Kaiyo that she could lie and Shin would likely never realise. She banished such sly thoughts quickly enough though, eventually sinking her shoulders with mild embarrassment as she shrugged. 'I don't know...I guess they do general stuff, like, 10 do more security and stuff I think and, maybe 7 do Kidou?' She scrunched her face with thought, she wasn't even sure if that was right. Oh well.

Her smile softened as she nodded to Shin. She could only imagine that Kuro would be a great mentor; he certainly seemed wise enough to her. Her head twitched to the side with a fragment of a shrug; she could see how he might seem distant. Of course she'd not seen him for a very long time, but the constant sneaky nature of his job would surely make him appear somewhat aloof. Kaiyo flashed her signature smile, warm and inviting as she leant in closer to Shin and patted him on the shoulder. 'Well I think the 11th squad would be lucky to have you...But ya know, people are usually more similar to their swords than they expect'. Admittedly, there appeared to be a contradiction with Shin's shikai and himself but Kaiyo knew better than to assume such facts. 'And you shouldn't pick a family by where your sword fits, you should pick it by where you do' she grinned at him, tracing her finger absent mindedly along the cold glass. Kaiyo took another sip from her drink. Such luxuries made living again all that much better. She herself spoke so fondly of her own squad, a squad that as she spoke, was not even hers again. She hadn't even noticed she'd said family.

Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Shin was a bit surprised that she didn't know what the other squads did any more than he did really, but then that just shows a bit of what kind of person she was.The main thing that caught his attention though was her comment about he should choose by where he fits rather than where his weapon seems to fit. So he sat and thought about it for a little while, and sipped his milkshake some more. Originally he had followed Kuro because of the difference in speed, he had taken so much pride in his speed that when someone else showed up that was faster than him, he had to change it. It was the reason he had followed Kuro and asked to be trained by him, but after following that path for a while, he had lost sight of his pride, it had become secondary and only really training was left, now he was becoming a shinigami, there was no need for him to have pride in his speed, when he could be proud of the family, the Division he belonged to. After thinking of the nature of the squads he decided.

Shin finally spoke and said, " I think that I would prefer to be part of 11th Division, I like being fast, and thus it was sort of tempting to go to 2nd, but I dont really like all of the Politics and sneaking around and stuff, it feels like it would be hard to become a family environment, where as in 11th i feel like it really is what i need, in both training on order to master my weapon, and from what I have seen of you today, I can think of you as a friend. Seeing as You're in charge, or going to be, i feel like you can shape it up into the right feel again, well and i like training too. Also its pretty straightforward and simple, and I like that." Shin smiled at Kaiyo, and a server while passing by set a plate of cookies in front of him and Kaiyo, and when Shin glanced at her in curiosity she winked and kept going.

Shin stared at the cookies for a moment before reaching out and grabbing one off the plate and took a bite of it, it was really good, it was still fresh and a bit soft, but not too soft. He munched on it for a while and then took a sip of his chocolate milkshake and paused as he noticed the flavors mix in his mouth. So he tried dipping the cookie in his milkshake, and it became even better than either one was alone. Shin got distracted happily dunking his cookies and eating them, making sure he wasn't being too greedy so Kaiyo could have some too.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:45 pm

There was a tug of smug pride festering beneath the genuine joy that seemed to light up Kaiyo's face. 'Yay!' Before Shin had even gotten his full sentence out, the blonde girl had thrown her arms around him for a hug. Subsequently sliding off her chair as she did so. Too enthralled in the first good news of her revival, Kaiyo managed to miss most of what Shin had to say after the fact. She released him from her hug all the same; still grinning as she spun back on to her chair. Her palms slid along the counter as she leant forwards, making quiet acknowledging noises as she drained the last of her second drink.

She leant back with a sigh. Frowning slightly as her hair swayed in front of her vision, she stuck out of her jaw, attempting for a moment to blow it back into place before conceding and sweeping her hair aside with her hand. She, possibly more than others, could understand the wish to avoid sneaking around. It was no secret that Kaiyo loved a fight, but the whole idea of attacking someone unaware seemed far more barbaric than she'd hope to ever cross in to. Then again, war's weren't always won with honour.

Kaiyo nodded, more to herself than Shin as he finished. Of course, she had already assumed him as a friend but she was also known to be overly trusting with such manners. 'Heh, best hope I get my haori back then' she smirked back to him. The vibrancy of her true combat spirit shimmering through for the first time. All combat as good really, but to Kaiyo, nothing was more exciting than a challenge. She opened her mouth to continued their conversation, her jaw hanging a-jar as she slowly turned her head. Following her nose as the smell of fresh cookies drifted through her senses with a shudder. She followed the plate of cookies right up until they were slid between herself and Shin. Kaiyo wasted no time in plucking the warm chocolatey goodness. It tasted great. As she chewed slowly on the food, she allowed herself a small glance out the window. It was almost midday.

In the hopes of being back in her office by the evening, Kaiyo stood to take her leave. Reaching up over the counter as she pulled another napkin towards her mouth, praying she hadn't completely covered her face in food as she wiped the fabric along her face. She'd never been a neat eater. Oh well.

She scratched the back of her head once more as she looked up at Shin. 'Anyway, I gotta fight to win. I'll come see ya round the academy some time Shin' she grinned at him. Adding an overly relaxed salute to her friend as she turned to leave. Calling over her shoulder to the lady behind the counter, 'Oh, put it on my tab please. Thanks!' With a throw-away wink to her friend, she flash stepped out the door. En route to the 11th squad barracks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-   The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Revival *Part 3* -OPEN-
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next