The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A bit of swordplay (Kura)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

A bit of swordplay (Kura) Empty
PostSubject: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:44 pm

The cool matt black metal of Kaiyo's zanpakuto seemed to shimmer slightly in the orange hue that had spilt through the trees this morning. It was rare to have such a day un-spoilt by a breeze, so the calm air brought with it a rare wave of serenity. Kaiyo however,did not feel serene. The short girl was on edge, her zanjutsu sensei had assigned everyone in her class a partner to spar with. His instructions weren't lengthy, but quite simple in fact. Using your actual zanpakuto's, spar until one or both of you can't anymore- near death combat. A lethal and true battle.

Kaiyo was meeting her fight partner here, but their fight could be anywhere. In fact they had been encouraged to fight in settings they usually wouldn't. Not that kaiyo would usually fight at all. Already she could feel her heart rate increasing, she'd arrived early. Convincing herself that she might be able to talk her partner out of their assignment so they could both grab a drink or something instead. Perhaps she would have felt better if she'd known anything about her partner.

Kaiyo sheathed back up her sword and dropped to the floor, falling backwards gently as she star-fished out; gazing quite absent minded at the ceiling. It was so unusual of her to arrive anywhere on time, let alone early.
Back to top Go down
Kura

Kura

Male
Number of Posts : 11
Registration Date : 2012-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:13 am

Kura smiled at the thought of near death combat. Just like from when I was alive, those were good times. The Shinigami thought to himself. He did actually think they were good times, walking around the streets with his big gang, fighting anyone who dared cross them. It was as if the instructor choose something that Kura would love doing, other Shinigami’s groaned at the idea of having to fight to the near death. Kura walked to where he would be fighting.

Kura’s opponent was far from ready for a sword battle. He guessed she had arrived early and was bored. Kura never underestimated his opponents, no matter who they were. Kura was just here to show that he was not a push over. He wanted to show everyone in the class that he could slice anyone to pieces. He was going to show that he was not one to be taken lightly.

Kura loudly cleared his throat so he could get his opponents attention. “My name is Kura Syther and I’m going to be your sparring partner for today, don’t take anything I do today too personally, but also don’t take me lightly because when I fight I fight to win, now come on I’ll even be polite enough to give you the first move!” Kura said confidently, he made sure he showed no signs of emotion while he was talking. He raised his zanpakuto in a defensive position, ready and anticipating his opponents strike.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am

The voice had appeared from nowhere. Kaiyo looked up from the floor as the man spoke. Her face was struck in a mildly disgusted look of disbelief. When he was finished, she couldn't help but laugh slightly. Aside from the grand entrance, his offer of a polite first hit served only to offend the girl. Kaiyo threw her weight forwards as she sat up, her blonde hair tickling her neck as it swayed against her. She looked in silence at her opponent for a moment.

Her hand shot up, fingers sprawled as she waved energetically, 'Nice to meet ya! I'm Kaiyo' she grinned. Jumping up to her feet. Her hand drummed against the hilt of her blade. She was at least starting to get used to the weight of her Zanpakuto at her hip. Her head tilted to one side, the blue pigments of her eyes flashing in the light as they traced the man up and down. He seemed like a street fighter of some kind. It might have been the headband though.

Kaiyo sighed, her shoulders dropping heavily as she stepped out sideways. Gating around her opponent calmly, her gaze fixated on him like an animal stalking their prey. She held a casual demeanour, her expression calm as she spoke. 'heh, what's the chance you'll agree to just having a friendly spar and finishing in an hour to grab a drink?' she smirked playfully, 'First rounds on me?'
Back to top Go down
Kura

Kura

Male

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Kura's opponent introduced herself. She seemed energetic and ready to fight. Maybe she might actually be worth my time Kura thought to himself as he grinned very faintly, he didn't want to show emotion. He still had his zanpakuto drawn and ready. She hadn't attacked when he had offered her the first attack. Kura sighed but still didn't drop his guard. "I don't know about finishing in an hour but I wouldn't mind drinks afterwards I guess," Kura replied casually.

Kura quickly touched his headband with his right hand briefly. He always did this before a fight, it was good luck. "Since you don't want to take the first move I guess I'll be the one to have the first strike!" Kura shouted as he ran towards his opponent. His blade was pointing towards the ground as he ran so he could keep more speed. Kura then attempted to swing his sword upwards so he could slash her on the chest.. Kura didn't stop. He quickly pivoted on his right foot so he was facing her from the side.

"Take this!" Kura screamed as he went to jab the tip of his katana on her side. Kura sighed as he hoped back to see the results of his little combo.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:29 pm

The girl's grimmace continued at his reply; this guy was in danger of taking himself too seriously. Though he did agree to a drink afterwards; perhaps there was hope for him yet. She'd have to see how that went though. Kaiyo's step paused, her head turning fully to face the man. There was a certain intention that glistened along the rudge of the man's sword: if she were being honest, Kaiyo found it quite scary.

Adrenaline coursed through her body, climaxing through the shout of aggression that flew towards the innocent girl. Her eyes screamed as her muscles seemed to tense at the motion. Wind gathered around the man as he sped towards her. He was quite fast. Kaiyo was faster. Something within the girl took a lengthy break, deciding to instead watch with a genuine intruige her opponent. Her attention snapped back to impending doom as he slashed his blade up at her.

A conflict of instinct barrelled against the girl. Her hand half pulling out her Zanpakuto, the metal pressing against it's own sheath caused a friction that slowed her response. Equally she lunged backwards. A single tip of her blonde hair was sliced apart by the mans blade. Kaiyo yelped in pain at her loss. Her free hand struggling to pull out her own sword in time as she quite hap-hazardly shifted her weight to the side to avoid the jab.

Kaiyo jumped backwards, whistling in disbelief as she finally managed to unsheathe her blade. She giggled awkwardly, her cheeks flushing bright red. 'Heh, sorry, not really used to fighting...Wanna take it easy and not aim for my hair anymore?' Although she was using quite a casual tone, she was also quite serious that the man avoid her hair.

Kaiyo had never been a fan of the classic combat stance they were taught. Instead, she passed her blade to her right hand and openned her gait. Drawing in her opponent to closer ranged combat. This perhaps was a stance that she might later discover didn't suit her fighting ability at current.
Back to top Go down
Kura

Kura

Male

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Kura's sword simply sliced the tip of her hair off. She had yelled as if he had sliced her finger off with his stroke. God if she's gonna cry about her hair so much she should've just tied it back. Kura thought to himself as he felt himself recoil as she blocked his side jab. "Alright it looks like I've figured out a bit about her from those two attacks," Kura said to himself. Kura's first usual attacks were pretty weak attacks. He preferred to take a few shots at his opponent first so he could find out their strengths and weaknesses and then formulate a plan after. She is very quick, she's quicker than me by far, her reaction time was good, but the stance she's using is a stance I've never seen or been taught before. Kura thought to himself.

Quote :
'Heh, sorry, not really used to fighting...Wanna take it easy and not aim for my hair anymore?'
She said. Kura smirked at this request. Kura knew he couldn't really guarantee where he aimed. "If you really where that concerned about your hair you would've just tied her hair back before coming to class." Kura replied.
"But I guess I'll try not to give you an unwanted haircut," Kura added.

She opened her gait and got ready for Kura's next attack. What stance could this be? I guess I'll have to find out the purpose of this stance by attacking! Kura thought to himself as he raised his zanpakuto. He raised his katana high above his head. This made it look like he was going to swing his sword right down on her. Kura brought his sword down, Kura then grinned as he quickly changed direction of the swing. He wasn't actually intending to swing down at her head. He was simply faking.

Kura changed the direction of the blow so his swing would be going towards the side of her arm, at best this would leave a deep cut on her arm. Kura then grunted as went for another stab with his sword. This time he was aiming for the leg that was closest to him. Just so she cant dodge and move as quickly. Kura thought to himself as he jumped back slightly so he could put a little bit of distance between him and his opponent after his combo.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Kaiyo mockingly adorned her offended look; the more interesting side of her personality shimmering through as her mockery melted away, her shoulder dropping with her lips to a wry smirk, 'This isn't class.' Again, her expressive face altered; catching the genuine confusion she held still towards this boy, though she was starting to understand him a little more with each passing moment. Her head titled slowly to one side; as if just weighted that way. Furls of her hair tickled the side of her neck. An unwanted haircut- that was almost definitely go down a treat.

Aside from over-estimating himself and seeming far too serious, Kaiyo was really starting to get a feel for Kura. Not combat wise of course, oh no, the girl was more of a social character anyway. Still, he seemed a bit tactical, more than his initial image seemed to let on. Whatever the real reasoning, be it foresight or just fast reactions; Kaiyo was at least switched on enough to see the fake. Dodging was always her best option, but she managed a fumbling parry with her blade as she spun on her heel to avoid the side strike. Small sparks jolted through the air as their blades collided.

Kaiyo watched his eyes, fixated with an equal intent as her opponents on strike; they at least relayed more information that whatever else she was meant to be watching in a fight. The second strike landed through, Kaiyo's own large swing of her blade just a little too clumsy to blow the entire blow as she knocked it to the side of her thigh. It sliced through her clothes and cut her skin like soft butter. The unfamiliar sting of pain caused a wince for the girl. She moved her arms out and bent down to have a quick glance. Yeah, she was bleeding. The cut wasn't anywhere near as deep as it felt, and Kaiyo was just glad she'd stopped him stabbing her completely.

The penny dropped. Kaiyo blinked slowly. Not wanting to wait for the next flurry of attack she lunged forwards. The agile girl might as well try and balance out this fight, especially seeing as the pain was real. Scars were for keeps and seeing as she had none so far, she didn't want to start a tally. Her blade was securely grasped in her right hand as she lunged, aiming for his gut, turning hot on her heels she spun outwards, passing the metal blade to her left hand as her shoulders lead the spin, striking out at the man's hip this time. The key, she guessed, was momentum. The blade was passed back to her right hand, slashing diagonally downwards at the man as she threw in a sneaky left cross just before she brought the sword back up to slash the same diagonal line upwards.

Feeling a bead of sweat rolling from her forehead, the blonde girl took a tactical roll outwards. Keeping a steady gaze on Kura as she dropped back into her stance. More confident now at least. Her attacks weren't brilliant or cunning, but they were fast and at least aimed at his general body. Things were looking up already.
Back to top Go down
Kura

Kura

Male

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:35 am

Kaiyo was suprisingly quick. She was quicker than Kura had first calculated. Kura had barely any time to react. She lunged forwards towards his gut. Kura raised his zanpakuto so her sword simply clattered off the flat side of the blade. At least finally she's on the offensive Kura thought to himself as he recoiled from the blow he had blocked. Kura didn't have enough time to block against the second blow though. He felt the pain through his hips.

This pain hurt. It was worse than the time he was stabbed in a fight from when he was still alive. Kura was lucky the blade didn't pierce anything vital or he'd either be fatally wounded or dead. Kura didn't yell out in pain though. He simply bit his tongue hard as he felt his blood start to stain his academy robes. The paon instantly turned Kura back on. The mere shock had got Kura back into full sense mode, he was fully aware now.

Kura saw the diagonal blow aiming for his chest. Kura quickly jumped backwards so the blade missed him by a few metres. Now she was swinging the blade back up. Kura grunted as he gripped his sword tightly swung his sword down at the sword that was coming to slash him with nearly all his strength. The block was hard it nearly knocked the sword out her hand. "Zanjutsu is one of my best subjects, I've seen plenty of strikes like that!" Kura said as he saw her get into her fighting stance.

Kura had decided to formulate a battle strategy. It was one of his natural gifts. Work out his opponents strengths and weakness and make a strategy accordingly. She doesn't seem to be very good at sword play so all I need to do is hit her with my most cunning techniques. Kura thought to himself as he ran at her. He was not even going to give her breathing room now, he was going on full agression mode. If he made his attacks strong and quick it would make it harder for her to dodge.

Kura swung his blade to the side, aiming to slice her in the face, Kura grunted as he went to stab her in the shoulder almost instantly. "Take this!"Kura screamed as he went to do a diagonal strike downwards at her chest. Kura knew she would be expecting him to swing it back up just like she had done but he wasn't. Kura was looking directly at her legs. Kura swung horizontally at the front of her knees, he was aiming there so he could easily slow her down. Kura figured he might as well fight as agressive as he was throughout the rest of the fight, his plan would work, they always worked.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Kaiyo felt the whistle of the blade slicing through air as she leant back to avoid the head shot; she'd warned him about them beforehand. Her head whipped round to argue with the man for such a cheap shot- and her guard dropped. Being stabbed hurt so much more than she'd expected. Her mouth dropped open as the blade slid back out from her body, it felt like lightning exploding in her shoulder. Had it not been for Kura's continual barrage of attacks, it's likely the pain would have sent her into shock. As it was, she blinked away the tears, leaping straight over Kura when his diagonal strike went to it's lowest point.

Kaiyo landed with a left elbow aimed back at the man's right shoulder. She twisted on her heels and shifted her body weight. Grimmacing and yelling in pain as her right shoulder brought her blade down against his shoulder. Kaiyo followed the momentum and finished with a roundhouse kick against the man's side. Her heart was rattling sporadically against her rib cage; her chest risinw and falling with sharp inhales of air. Her vision taunted darkness as blurs of light seeping round the corners of the room. She could feel her own warm blood, pouring from her wound, her shirt sticky with the red liquid, clinging to her body. She swapped her blade to her left hand, her final round approaching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bit of swordplay (Kura)   A bit of swordplay (Kura) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bit of swordplay (Kura)
Page 1 of 1