The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Follow the Morrigan

Male
Number of Posts : 110
Job/Interests : Job: I have (technically) five jobs, and one paycheck. / Interests: Cardfight, Daughter, RPGs
Quote : No, she doesn't have a dirty diaper. She just farted.
Registration Date : 2011-11-26

Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread Empty
PostSubject: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Character Name: Remington Gravelle

Username: Follow the Morrigan

Link to Character Bio: Remington Gravelle

Current Rank: Rank 1

Current Exp: 8/30

Spoiler:

Last edited by Follow the Morrigan on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Forty year rejection: [5/10]

I'm sure everyone saw the length and ran for the hills. Don't let the size fool you it's a standard introductory thread. We meet some NPCs that populate the Academy while learning abit about Mr Remington. Some comedy ensues. All and all a nice thread. I finished the first read last night and finished the 3rd today. (sorry for the wait) Some comments: Ankou. Gina said it when she left and then Janet used it with her shikai release. Not sure if Ankou meant something or not (another language), or if it was an error/typo. The other comment is the gun you employ. If you wish for it to an official tool for your character should be submitted in an invention thread. All is well otherwise.

Last edited by Arawn on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male
Job/Interests : Job: I have (technically) five jobs, and one paycheck. / Interests: Cardfight, Daughter, RPGs

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 pm

challenge-the-shock-spear-draylontis

For Ranking Up. Can I get a Cherry Coke with that?
Back to top Go down
Junko

Junko

Male
Number of Posts : 521
Registration Date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:48 am

I like you.

6/10 Challenge the Shock Spear.
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:32 am

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:28 am

In need of a nemesis: [4/10]

I enjoyed the thread for the most part, but then I started to scratch my head. The setting is kido sparring. Honestly I would never take part in such a practice. It's like if gun training require you have duels with live ammo. Seems insane. That aside the confusion arose as Grav started to show off. It was the contradiction of the spells. Hado #1 is a push, and #2 is a pull. How is that the pull moves the caster? Yet later it's used without that effect. Pulling and pushing your sword without pulling/repelling yourself. And still later it's used to increase speed while running toward a wall? The target it the focus and the caster is not tethered to that action. Another point of interest is the rapid fire/mixing of spells. Unfortunately that is a skill reserved for higher Tech. It was put in place mainly to avoid such things from occurring.
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 am

Another Solo, mostly dreaming though. Hope you enjoy.

https://thebleachworld.darkbb.com/t3952-aftermath-with-osu-dreaming-dark-nightmares-solo

And, um....instead of coke-related products.....could I.....um.....get some pepto bismol instead?
Back to top Go down
Hibiki Jishin

Hibiki Jishin

Male
Number of Posts : 71
Registration Date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Aftermath with Osu: 6/10

I love the way you tell a story. It's somewhat macabre and light at the same time, great job. My only qualms are preludes. There's not really a whole lot of explanation of characters, or reasonings for events that take place, like, who is Osu, why were you fighting, etc? The witch and the curse and so on are all understandably vague, as Remington doesn't seem to understand them much either. other than the feel of an incomplete story, please, carry on and don't change a thing. Welcome to Rank 1. Stats please?

*Hands the prize bottle of Pepto*
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:41 am

https://thebleachworld.darkbb.com/t3988-making-enemies-left-and-right-hate-on-squad-eleven-solo#29563

Requesting some Burn Cream for this one, I'll need it for later. And maybe even some antibiotics too? I don't want to catch anything from the guy I bit.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Making enemies left and right: 5/10

It's a decent set up being in a gym. I had a sudden vision of the workout area back when I was in highschool (haven't been to a gym since) I see why you initially wanted this as a training thread. The focus on the strength building in the start seemed obvious enough. The second part reminded me of the old comic book ad where the skinny guy goes to the beach and some guy kicks sand on him. He goes home and buys some muscle building guide and comes back and beats the guy up. Classic. So that's this, but no running home bit. A point of interest;

Quote :
Unfortunately, she was leaning against a pillar in the room and swinging a two-hundred-pound weighted disc back and forth with some ease; he was struggling to load a fifty-pound weight onto another machine.

Gravelle is made to look weak, but trying to improve himself. In the next instant he's a fierce fighter that lays the man low. I've done some things while angry so I guess it's possible. The way you portrayed Gina was that she was stronger and yet she gets pushed around. They ignore Gina's words, pull their weapons on her, and Gravelle ends up protect/championing her. Saying she can handle herself, but then she pretty much doesn't handle anything.
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 am

https://thebleachworld.darkbb.com/t3994-cb-defective-ftm#29676

To grade please. Thank you Arawn for making such an awesome thread for me to be a part of.
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Sentenced: [3/10]

Rather short. The title says it all; Gravelle gets sentenced. It fufills the purpose you intended, but nothing else. Worst part is can't really feel sympathy for the character as he expresses no remorse for his actions and acts rather cocky. Even if those judging him "hate him" he comes off sounding like a bigger prick.

Put your list of threads in a spoiler since that's what's going to happen eventually as time progresses. Don't need to really list them at all, but I figure you want to show the chronology of all your threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread   Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remington Gravelle Rank Up Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Character Applications :: Applications Forum :: Rank Up Applications-
Jump to: