The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The death of Kaiyo Saiyouko *closed*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

The death of Kaiyo Saiyouko *closed* Empty
PostSubject: The death of Kaiyo Saiyouko *closed*   The death of Kaiyo Saiyouko *closed* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:54 pm

((Erm, skipping the fight with Sal- perhaps to refer back to at a later date- and because i've gotten too confused// bogged down with Kaiyo's threads i've decided to kill her off earlier, admin permitting, i'll be allowed to remake her as suggested below...Thanks! Very Happy ))

(So just to add- this is after Sal's killed Kaiyo in their big showdown)

Kaiyo’s writhing body lay almost silently amidst the chaos around her. Of course her durability had been tried and tested beforehand, but the task that had been handed to the 12th squad was no easy feat to accomplish. To a Captain who was quite literally at the brink of death, the ruling government would risk life and leisure to save such power in their ranks. This came at no small cost. The girl’s Zanpakuto alone, like for many Shinigami was a vast lexicon of power that the soldier could draw on; with such a power turning against their own wielder the chance of survival depleted greatly. Faint whispered cries of pain tumbled from her mouth; their reception lost within the scrambling Shinigami wrestling around each other. They pushed aside their comrades with a dwindling vigour, looking as if they themselves were about to implode; the strain of holding back such a force, even with the combined efforts of Captains alike.

Seen mostly in new shinigami, before academy training, it was understood that within the confines of their subconscious lay their most raw power, un-tapped but for their slumber. This was, in effect, what was happening to Kaiyo. The girl who had been so hell-bent on protecting others was unable to hold back the power that had eroded her soul; unleashing the torrent of lashing energy on those around her. No amount of binding spells could sustain a barrier, so the trusted higher ranks had been called in, to help give a new life to Kaiyo Saiyouko.

Berated breathing flickered as sporadically as her heart rate, the monitor beeping inconsistently and dropping into deadpanned silence every now and then. The lapses of noise spurring on the army around the girl to help her cling to those last few tendrils of life. Their blurred faces subsided into the girl’s mind, her own battles (naturally) repeating. Like a greatest hits show, of the most painful memories that Kaiyo had fuelled her vivacity with. Her swollen face shimmered with sweat, her wounds sealed as best as possible, and her blood stained clothing torn and battered. The projections of her Zanpakuto had become clearer now; galloping around the room with a fierce temper as they paused every now and then to re-kindle their apparent hatred for the girl.

Her mind races and her heart stops, but she can still feel, she can’t not…

‘Because some people when they reach that position of power, they abuse it, and they stop caring about the people they’re meant to protect…I won’t be one of those people, I think I’d die if I was’

Kaiyo frowned heavily at the man standing in front of her. The girl's eyes bore deeply into the defiant soul. 'I'm not killing anyone!' she yelled, jumping from her seat and she slammed her fist down against her desk. The sheer force of it sliced several sheets of paper from her desk, drifting to the floor as the man simply smirked.
'Kaiyo...You have no choice, because next week, I’m going to kill you, in front of your entire squad, and then I’m going to be Captain and you’re going to be dead'.

The contorted colours twisted around with a flourish of swaying momentum, carrying the girl silently through the vortex…
The girl's eyes squinted slightly in the sunlight; remaining seated she nodded her greeting to both Tenrai and Zenpyou. Kaiyo loved that lion. She was less fond of the devil incarnate...The woman. 'Kill one, save a thousand' she mused. It was unlike Tenrai to think so in tune with what might convince the girl, usually their conversations involved beating the girl within an inch of her life. However, the words seemed to have some kind of impact on Kaiyo. It was an interesting prospect at the very least. That by killing this one man, and keeping her position, Kaiyo could consequently save the lives of thousands more people. It was true, Kaiyo just wanted to help, but killing another soul just didn't sit right with her.
A memory she knew all too well, tears welled up in her eyes as Kaiyo watched, bewildered by her own actions, and lacking mortality. Unable to move, to look away.

As Kaiyo moved even closer he swung around his right arm, a slow and sloppy strike in desperation. Kaiyo clamped her right hand around his wrist, holding onto it tightly as she twisted it around slowly. Shuffling her left foot where she stood. Kaiyo moved quickly, turning his arm around as she thrust her left hand forwards at the elbow joint. Cracking the bone in two. Another scream of pain, blood everywhere. It had even managed to splash onto her face that time. Akira fell to the ground, dropping his hammer with a slow rattle. Whimpering in agony as Kaiyo knelt down in front of him. Her expression blank, void even. The Captain lifted up his head gently. One hand either side as she twisted it around. 'Now fuck off' Snapping the neck...Killing Akira Tanaka.

______

Her eyes dilated in fear, the image swaying away like sand on the beach, as the tide came in. Brushing aside the scene around the girl as she turned around, met with a sudden drop in noise. Her doctor; as if she could have helped a broken soul…

Kaiyo stood up to leave, halted by Sara's voice, 'I think you have a lot of problems Kaiyo' she replied in an almost overtly motherly tone. Kaiyo twisted back around with a sarcastic flourish of her hands, 'No shit!

The image of herself stuttered towards her, falling at her feet as the room flashed bright for a moment, dissipating into peons of colour as the image reformed away from the doctor’s office.

Kaiyo could hear a regulated beeping; echoing through the darkness that surrounded her, she couldn't even tell where the sound was coming from. Then Sara's voice swayed through, melting away the dark to reveal the field Kaiyo had learnt Shikai and Bankai in. 'How does she even?' Her thoughts were cut off as a breeze swept through the long grass. Tickling the palm of her hand, Kaiyo began to walk through the long grass. 'That's right Kaiyo, a place you feel safe, somewhere you know very well, somewhere just for you'. The girl couldn't make out Sara's words, just her tone; it was soothing as ever. 'Now on your left, you see the first person you killed'. Kaiyo winced at the sheer presence of the man, the first glimmer of her humanity fading at the sight of him. The previous 11th squad Captain, as was tradition, the only way to become Captain of the 11th squad, was the third way...To defeat the current Captain in a fight to the death. Yet there he was, just as she remembered him, terrifying and large in his demeanour, the man who had sent a chill down her spine the first time they had met. Kaiyo shut her eyes, not wanting to wade through the grass to get any closer to the dangerous man.

'Its fine Kaiyo, you won't be hurt'.

'But he-'.

'He can't hurt you in here remember, this is your place, you're safe here'

the blonde girl nodded to herself, standing back up straight as she stared up into his black eyes. The sun basked the green grass in golden light, shimmering along it like a wave in the ocean. 'Good, now i want you to see the first person you didn't want to kill'. There she was, straight away, standing there like she'd been waiting for so long. Kaiyo's older sister. The girl gasped, trying to move backwards; regret, as the wind pushed her forwards a pace. Her own hollow blue eyes shook, her mouth a-jar, and speechless. 'Okay Kaiyo, i need you to tell me how you feel'. The overlaying of a familiar voice made Kaiyo vocalise her feelings. 'I-I...I didn't mean to kill her, i had to...I had to kill my sister, i had to kill my Captain. I needed to, the-they had to die...’ The two images faded away, leaving behind nothing, no remnant of their existence at all. Sara moved her hand onto Kaiyo's, squeezing the girl's hand as she spoke.

'Now- don't do it yet, but i want you to, soon. Slowly turn around. Don't worry you're still safe, but i just want you tell me what you see'. Kaiyo unknowingly obliged, sweeping a strand of her hair from her face as she shuffled around. Her waist hidden within the tall grass, as she turned. Her eyes growing wider with panic as they lay there. Soaked in their own blood, piled on one another. Mountains of dead, all around her. 'I did that' she stated bluntly, unable to say much else. The stench of death danced in the breeze, reaching her nose in a matter of seconds. Everyone, everyone she'd killed lay in front of her. Easily hundreds, hundreds of people who had died by her sword. How was that doing good? How was that helping people?

That wasn't the aim anymore though was it... Kaiyo took a step closer to the bodies, the skies clouding over with a dark red, cracking with grey darkness as the grass around her died, withering into nothingness. 'Everyone has to crack a few heads every once in a while, some people deserve to lose their life, some deserve it for questioning it...For standing in my way. Why should i care about nameless bodies i don't know?' Kaiyo's own voice was sounding less human, less like herself. So strained and distant from remorse or guilt that her own mind rejected such thoughts, banished them.

'What about your sister?' Sara was sounding more concerned, her own voice making its way to Kaiyo's ears from the field as the girl began searching around for her. 'Didn't she deserve to live?’ Tension rose quickly in a panic as Kaiyo felt a hand on her shoulder, turning face to face with her older sister, crying, and right in front of her. Kaiyo froze, replying slowly as she looked deeply into the woman's eyes. 'She tried to kill me' the sword went straight through her, exploding into nothing but mist in a second, the pain gone as fast as her sister. Kaiyo turned back around, a contorted look of malice in her eyes as her voice rose. 'They all tried to kill me...They showed me no remorse, they didn't care about hurting me! So why should i give a fuck if they're dead?!'

---

The loss of humanity begins a subtle change, one that strips away the colour from our faces, and bores into the pigments of our eyes; tunnelling its way into our eroded soul and replacing it with…Nothing.

'Have the tablets helped at all? With the flashbacks? Or the nightmares?'

'A bit...'

---------------------------------
The lid wouldn't open. The jittery girl had lost any real movement and dexterity in her hands, and she couldn't get the damn lid open. Her convulsing got stronger as she dropped to the floor. Her stomach twisting in knots as she angrily slammed the bottle against the ground. Shattering the tube as her shaking hands grappled at the small pills. Cutting open her hand on a rogue shard as she flung back as many tablets as she could grab.
Kaiyo clung to a mirage of her friendships, all the people she cared for so deeply, the people she would risk her life so willingly and openly for, and those who she couldn’t live without. So many people had come to know the 11th squad Captain, and she felt so grateful to each of them, but even then, the smiling faces around her were fading away, and she knew she wouldn’t even get the chance to really say goodbye. She hoped she’d be forgiven for that.

Kaiyo’s body had faded into a whispered shade, a translucent being flicking through the chapters of her own life. The all too familiar feeling of dread dropped onto the girl, she knew where she’d be taken next- the most terrifying moment of her memory. Her death.

The scream rang alarm bells in Kaiyo's mind. Triggering her feet to start running before her mind had a moment to catch up. The night was dark, and as Kaiyo ran further and further from the flickering light, the screaming became louder. It was a woman's voice, a desperate cry for help that so many were able to block out. Kaiyo's eyes were wide with panic when she saw. The two drunken men, their leery grins engrained into her mind as they wobbled closer to the woman. An evil intent was written so clearly across their faces, their fucking faces that had haunted the girl's mind so long. The girl's mind stopped, flat-lined with the thought, the notion, the knowledge, she was about to die. The pain had subsided. The pool of blood that had swirled out of her body mixed with her salty tears as she lay motionless on the ground. Kaiyo had died; she had been killed, saving a woman who didn't even know, and not even managing to kill the men who'd killed her. It had happened so quickly Kaiyo couldn't even replay it in her mind. Paralysed with fear, and her body burning with a searing pain like nothing she'd felt before. Kaiyo was left alone. Left alone at night, in the middle of a park, left to die.
The pain jolted through the poltergeist, her body lunging forwards on impact as the lights around her faded to dark. Kaiyo screamed out loud, there was nobody around to hear her, to explain what the hell was going on. To tell her why her own subconscious had decided to make her re-live such moments.

Arms outstretched as far as they could go, Kaiyo carried on running, chasing her red headband. The headband that had been her sisters, and that the girl had cared so dearly for had been taken away. It danced along the air with ease as Kaiyo felt the tears streaming down her face, grabbing onto nothing but air as the red silk seemed to float further and further away. Kaiyo frowned, shaking her head as she threw her body forwards, grabbing into the end of the ribbon as it shifted. The small girl turned her hand over, to see it covered in blood, the wound in her chest dropping her quickly to the ground; the headband gone.

A Zanpakuto is born within the soul of their shinigami; they fight as a representation of that shinigami's heart.

'Why would you try to kill me? What kind of sword are you?!'

When a shinigami dies, their Zanpakuto dies along with them.

'Just answer me! You're meant to do as I say!'

They are one with the shinigami, and share the Shinigami's conviction...

The darkness had become over-whelming, small sounds shouting in her ears as the ever-changing scene flooded her memory with the emotions she had tried so hard to forget. The actions of mindless corruption filtered through the visage of insanity, the singular escape for a girl who had been unable to fit two personalities into her being. Conflicted by her simple essence and beliefs and wishes and dreams, broken paths had reformed bridges to unstable conclusions.
---
Commentator: to observe, comment, analyse and give opinions. Make predictions. Immediate past…The past is a point of reference, not a place of residence.

Coach: to guide, motivate, encourage, improve and be held as a role model applicable with constructive criticism. Future…
Stop cursing the darkness, light a candle instead.

Player: To act, perform and play the game. Present…Now is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present…When you’re in the room, be in the room.

Amongst the maelstrom came a gap, a pause, a moment for breath. A silence. A dark filled abyss.

In the real world, Kaiyo began to flat-line. The monotonous beeping almost too much of an arbitrary conclusion. Shouting filled the room. The 4th squad could do nothing to sustain the woman any longer, so the time was now. Time to extract all of the girl’s remaining soul and pray beyond belief that something might happen, some spark of life might resonate and grow and reform and rebuild…It was do or die and Kaiyo was already dead.

A thumping jolt of electricity stormed through the small girl’s frame, the 12th squad rushing further and further around the girl, pushing aside their healing counter-parts as they awaited the signal to begin.

Kaiyo turned around in the darkness, met face to face with herself. This was the end, she could feel it. The suspense for death after death was a curious one; it was calmer this time around. Quieter. No longer battle-worn and scarred with the victories and defeats of her life, the girl smiled.

Serenity, this must be what it felt like.

Kaiyo reached forwards slowly, ready for the final rush as she took her own hand. Her chest knocked back as her mouth dropped open, paralysed but for her quaking eyes. That last moment of exhilaration, of pain, or regret, of sorrow- of feeling anything at all.

A repeated torrent of engulfing moments, un-determined by a moment or placement of time; rushed the girl and her senses. Her convulsing body now unable to withstand the attack. The moment for re-birth had arrived, the last point at which even the shell of the once great Captain could survive, could hope to rebuild with unlimited potential held by her past. To be unknown of course. The process would not even assure a positive outcome, the risky procedure could contort into directions not even considered. That was the risk though, because nobody would do just nothing. A legacy would not be passed down, the girl would have a clean slate, void of the pain she had lived through, and gone would be the memories of her dearest friends, her most guarded secrets, and everything that was Kaiyo Saiyouko.

The Zanpakuto of the Captain exploded, the images of the beings crashed around the girl in a golden light that washed over her body and cut at her skin. Unstoppable by Shinigami hands, the shards of light sliced at the girl, her hair shorter now as the golden yellow faded from its strands. Leaving behind and fading in blue colour in her now short hair. The crystal blue pigmentation of her eyes circulating itself with a vortex of bright green. The wash of light was the last remnant of her Zanpakuto anyone would see, and the soul of her beloved blade had done her at least one last favour. Removing the physical toils of her past life, her many battle scars were swept from her skin, glowing with a light hue for a brief moment. The body arched forwards as the life was quite literally sucked from it. The transformation, the rebirth, the new life…Things would never again be so clear.
Back to top Go down

The death of Kaiyo Saiyouko *closed*
Page 1 of 1