The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Story specific Mod approved character templates.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sray S. Asher

Sray S. Asher

Male
Number of Posts : 6
Registration Date : 2012-01-02

Story specific Mod approved character templates. Empty
PostSubject: Story specific Mod approved character templates.   Story specific Mod approved character templates. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:52 pm

As it now stands, my template is being discussed, and considered over the sight, now currently in the form of a superhuman template. This template I list here, is a character specific template for manufactured shinigami, like Sray. Just like a superhumans template, it will involve 3 beginning skills. As we all know a shinigami eventually learn their skills, bankai, and shikai is usually unlocked through a lot of tedious training. A manufactured shinigami, automatically loses the rights to kido, and now gains, a passive ability every few levels, that takes the spot of the 2nd skill, and each installment of skill will be as minor as possible, this may take some tweaking to balance out with the other templates. Each passive skill is called a "gate", the first is automatically listed, and the next few will involve low to medium wording. When a gate is passed in the story, the character gains, a further understanding of their zanpaktou.

Technique 1: Haste shell,
A red force field around a limb that improves the speed and reaction of the nerves of that limb. Can be casted on others bodies parts while surrendering the use of itself on the user, unless Haste gate has been used.

Technique 2: Minor gate ability: Haste gate
At a toll of his own reserve, Sray can now cast Haste shell four times.

Technique 3: "Time" bomb
A red lightning like ball that is his most common attack. When it hits a target it causes strong impact damage. As it is used more it gains more power when hitting the target consecutively.

Rank 4: Another ability along with another gate (The ability could be dropped to justify the gate, although the second ability was already sacrificed to a gate, which I consider a very minor addition to the character)

Rank 6: Manufactured zanpaktou awakening, learn the name.
ability and final gate.

I am extremely open for suggestions, I love the angle this character story looks at and I will do anything to make it happen, mods please look at this and add advice I would like to get a decent amount of people commenting on this.

Last edited by Sray S. Asher on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Story specific Mod approved character templates.   Story specific Mod approved character templates. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:00 am

While creative I don't think this warrants a new template. The current superhuman template is as follows; Three abilities at rank 0, at rank 3 a new ability, and final ability at rank 6. In comparison a shinigami gains no abilities at rank 0 instead has access to kido. At rank 3 they gain their first shikai ability, the next abilities at rank 4 & 5. Bankai is unlocked at rank 6 and at rank 8 their final techinque. I had thought a shinigami gaining access to the SH template would be interesting enough with the only limit of not having a transforming physical weapon to work with. Still I hadn't thought to place any limits on your character otherwise. Being able to use kido or not would be up to you.
I don't see the point unless you wish to make them as your actual abilities. Looking at your example your first power was somewhat balanced; you shoot blood out as needles (Through your skin? So you're tearing you own body open? How big are the needles? You don't really give any details) and using too much makes you weak since you need blood to live. Makes sense. Then here comes the gate; you make more blood and can fire more needles. It just seems your gate is a way to make up for the negative effect of the ability. A boost isn't needed. I rather you just make an ability that works well than make up bonuses. Still you can if yo wish to use up whatever technique slots the SH template allows. Such things up for review of course.

Translation: DENIED. Still let the others weigh in on the matter. I think it's just not needed at this time.
Back to top Go down
Sray S. Asher

Sray S. Asher

Male
Number of Posts : 6
Registration Date : 2012-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Story specific Mod approved character templates.   Story specific Mod approved character templates. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Arawn wrote:
While creative I don't think this warrants a new template. The current superhuman template is as follows; Three abilities at rank 0, at rank 3 a new ability, and final ability at rank 6. In comparison a shinigami gains no abilities at rank 0 instead has access to kido. At rank 3 they gain their first shikai ability, the next abilities at rank 4 & 5. Bankai is unlocked at rank 6 and at rank 8 their final techinque. I had thought a shinigami gaining access to the SH template would be interesting enough with the only limit of not having a transforming physical weapon to work with. Still I hadn't thought to place any limits on your character otherwise. Being able to use kido or not would be up to you.
I don't see the point unless you wish to make them as your actual abilities. Looking at your example your first power was somewhat balanced; you shoot blood out as needles (Through your skin? So you're tearing you own body open? How big are the needles? You don't really give any details) and using too much makes you weak since you need blood to live. Makes sense. Then here comes the gate; you make more blood and can fire more needles. It just seems your gate is a way to make up for the negative effect of the ability. A boost isn't needed. I rather you just make an ability that works well than make up bonuses. Still you can if yo wish to use up whatever technique slots the SH template allows. Such things up for review of course.

Translation: DENIED. Still let the others weigh in on the matter. I think it's just not needed at this time.

Marly seemed reasonable about it, I am willing to tweak this. So long as we can get everyone agreeing on what this character can do, and can have. Kaoseu suggested the custom template, I personally don't mind it, it's kinda better to have this for my character. He was already just like other Superhumans, no kido, three abilities, and all that. He's not a shinigami, he's a manufactured shinigami which wouldn't fall under the strict guidelines of shini. He can't use kido, and that would make him a definate ideal candidate for superhuman, but being a resident of soul society, doesn't mean you can't be a superhuman right?
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Story specific Mod approved character templates.   Story specific Mod approved character templates. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:46 pm

TL;DR I will discuss the matter with my staff...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Auryuu Spire

Auryuu Spire

Male
Number of Posts : 482
Registration Date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Story specific Mod approved character templates.   Story specific Mod approved character templates. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:53 am

Has there been any conclusions on this?

P.S. My other template for the character is more organized, and I think the skills are more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Story specific Mod approved character templates.   Story specific Mod approved character templates. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 am

Auryuu Spire wrote:
Has there been any conclusions on this?

P.S. My other template for the character is more organized, and I think the skills are more reasonable.

Nothing yet, and not that much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story specific Mod approved character templates.   Story specific Mod approved character templates. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story specific Mod approved character templates.
Page 1 of 1