The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about thread starting

Go down 
+3
Jin
Himawari
Katrex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Katrex

Katrex

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2009-06-09

Question about thread starting Empty
PostSubject: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Just wondering, Would I be allowed to place rules on a thread that i'm starting like "Post at least once a day for the next week, post length limit 500 words." Because at the moment it seems people are just writing essays instead of actually interactively rping.
Back to top Go down
Himawari

Himawari

Female
Number of Posts : 421
Quote : Trying and Doing are two different things. Just do it.
Registration Date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm not an admin but I'm going to warn you. The admin quite like the lengthy RP posts. More points that way you know. Plus it's more challenging to post interatively when you have to make it long. They'll let you post short one's but you won't get anything for most of them Smile
Back to top Go down
Jin

Jin

Male
Number of Posts : 213
Registration Date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:02 pm

i don't see why they wouldn't let you if it's your thread it seems reasonable but on the other hand from what iv'e seen from using this forum it seems to be more about creating a whole bleach based world with arc's and in depth character's with history and personality rather than quick battle's but if you in the mood for shorter fast paced fight's i doubt they'd stop you starting a thread for it but like himawari said you probably wouldnt get any point's for it maybe the odd point here and there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:10 pm

anyone who wants to spar with me is always welcome to PM me...i like multitasking...is fun
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:12 pm

i'm always up for a friendly spar Smile
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:26 pm

You can impose any limit you want on a thread you started with a few exceptions:
1) You can't violate any rules
And
2) These stipulations can't have the balance in you're favour.

That aside you can write three word posts if that is you're choosing but as some have stated you're chances of getting point are basically Zero.
HOWEVER if the post is of decent length (now i ain't talking War and Peace type stuff here, say about 150-250 words. So about average) but the quality if the writing is top notch, it flows and what you're char is doing is actually believable then personally I'd give more points for that than 31967487 words of stuff that feels forced, lazy, uncreative and just down right unbelievable.

I can't speak for any of the other Admin's of course this is my own view on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male
Number of Posts : 722
Job/Interests : Marine aspirant / writer
Registration Date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 am

Hmm well yeah i suppose you could do this, but to be honest i like good solid writing with backbone so to speak. But yeah if you want to it's up to you i'm not gona say you can't however to get even one point from a post requires a minimum of at least 200 words with decent quality and sense of the point your aiming for so bare that in mind when try to attain points.
Back to top Go down
Katrex

Katrex

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Well I wasnt implying post legths of less than 200 just no more than 500. Perhaps something like.

250-500 words per post. and asking people to make it significant as possible. This means you get a good story and lots of interaction. Also I wasn't thinking about sparing in particular, more along the lines of perhaps a thread with say a maximum of ten to twenty sighn ups everyone posting once a day, I'd probably dm it. I'm going to think on it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Ahhhh a mini-story arc. You'd have to run the idea by Xav mate, if you have something in mind stick it in a PM and send it to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about thread starting   Question about thread starting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about thread starting
Page 1 of 1