The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) Empty
PostSubject: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:29 am

Draylon was sitting alone on a bench pondering his combat abilities. He glanced out over the grass stretching before him. My fighting style relies heavily upon my ability to cast kido, but even then my abilities are heavily limited, I can only cast about 4 maybe 5 Kido in a battle before it starts to take a physical toll on me. If I could reduce the strain on me, or maybe store a kido in an object, I remember that the Quincy used to do that, except with spiritual energy. Hmm maybe if I did put a kido in an object with a seal on it then broke the seal? But then it would just explode or something probably. Draylon sighed as he sat there.

Maybe if I put a seal like the one that was on those pillars that Sal showed me, I should have jotted those symbols down into a notepad or something for further research, at least I remember a few of the symbols, let’s see.. Dray thought back on his encounter with Sal and the white pillars. I remember a few… but not all of them, ah well I will write draw them and then look them up at the library. Draylon jotted down the few symbols he remembered on a spare piece of paper he had and headed over towards the library to look up seals and hopefully figure out a way to make this work.

Upon reaching the library he walked straight in with a notebook, and went in search of the section regarding seals, he managed to find books about how Bakudo worked as well as Advanced books regarding Spiritual Energy seals, as well as grabbing a book about Quincy’s, and headed back to a table for serious study. First he looked up the symbols that he had seen on the stones, apparently they were part of a large power seal, but he couldn’t get much more information than that, apparently they didn’t feel comfortable leaving that sort of information out into the open. That was fine with Draylon, he had found weaker versions, after all he wasn’t planning on containing a lot of energy, just enough to contain a kido. The spell could also be powered up by forcing more kido into the seal creation. Hmmm so I’ve found a way to contain the kido, but how will I keep it contained in the proper form? Bakudo 3 does that, but only for a few seconds usually maybe I can form it into runes and inscribe it. Dray scribbled down some notes and then pulled out the book on Bakudo he had grabbed. Then flipped through the pages until he found Bakudo 3 and studied the technique. Hmmm it seems based on a formation as well, if I inscribe the symbols usually formed with pure kido into it, and keep it in that shape with the by putting the seal over the Bakudo as well. That will maintain it, but I also have to store the Kido in a place. Hmmm, maybe if I leave a hole in the middle? Alright that should do for the seals, when you need to unseal it you merely need to focus your Spiritual Energy into your finger and push it through the hole, through the hole about an inch should push the Kido out of the barrier, firing it. Wait, but if an energy attack hits it and goes through the hole, wouldn’t it fire the other way? Draylon sighed and pulled out a book on Defensive barrier/Seals. After about an hour of flipping through the book he saw exactly what he needed a barrier that deflects Energy based attacks, it would only be about a foot wide barrier and he could link it to the power source of the other Barriers and seals that he had planned on putting it. However it looked like if the Energy barriers crossed they would start draining power from each other, trying to deflect the other, so carrying too many wouldn’t really be an option.

Draylon drew all the symbols and plans out in his notebook, detailing in every way he could possibly think of. Now what will the thing be made out of? Hm, I had better go ask the librarian for help, but first I shall return these books. Draylon stood up and returned the books to their proper position and went off to find a librarian. Upon finding one he asked her about a book based on the spiritual energy retaining properties of various metals. The librarian directed him to a single book, giving him an odd look while doing so. Draylon went over to the book and took it back to the table he was working at. After flipping through the book and examining various properties he decided on making it out of copper. Draylon jotted a few more notes onto his papers. Studying his papers he realized that in order to make all the seals and things work properly they would have to be as strong as the kido contained within it, so the user would have to expend 3 times the energy creating it. Oh well it will still be useful. With this even captains would be able to contain their kido in it, though it would still take a larger spirit pressure to push it out.

Now all I need is a place where I can make it… huh I will need a good lab, and the academy’s lab won’t be good enough, what about that guy with the robot? What was his name? Arawn, I think he said. I better get going. Walking over to the 12th squad’s lab area he asked around a bit and after about 15 minutes of searching found Arawn’s Lab. He found a button next to the heavy duty door along with an Intercom system. He pushed the button and said, “Hey Arawn, it’s me Draylon the guy that got hit by your Robot, I’ve come to call in that favor you promised me.” Draylon then released the button and waited for Arawn to reply.

Last edited by Arawn on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: Tags were wrong.)
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm

A long silence followed after Draylon's announcement. Then a voice replied through the intercom. There was a loud tone as the microphone experienced some feedback.
"Arawn isn't in at the moment. Would you like to leave a message?" the voice squawked. "He left early this morning running errands. We don't know when he'll be back." There was a crashing sound to be heard behind the voice and then some arguing. The speaker had covered the mic, but some sounds could be heard. It sounded like fighting. Finally there was silence once again. Moments later the one of the large doors swung open. Simone the brunette with eyes that closely resembled a fly's walked out.
"Oh is the cutie!" he exclaimed giving the young man a wave. "Arawn never did tell me your name. Not many people come looking for him, so I figured it had to be you." She stepped forward and draped an arm over his shoulder pushing her body against him. With a tug half pushed half dragged him through the opening.

"Arawn really isn't here right now, but I'm sure he'll be back soon." she smiled at him. "I can take you somewhere to wait if you want."
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Dray waited, he heard some scuffling and the door opened, and he saw the woman from a few days ago, She said, "Arawn never did tell me your name. Not many people come looking for him, so I figured it had to be you." She gripped him tightly and walked inside then said, "Arawn really isn't here right now, but I'm sure he'll be back soon. I can take you somewhere to wait if you want." Don't think about the eyes, she is still a normal person.

He turned to her and said, "My name is Draylon Karosu, and actually I was hoping to use his lab to make something, I've designed, maybe you can help me." Draylon walked over to an empty table and began unpacking his notes, laying them out in order. "You see I've researched and designed a Device that should be able to store a kido, basically in stasis for anyone to use, with this device a captain would be able to cast a kido into it, and a lower class could release it. However it would take a lot more energy than Casting it, to put it into stasis." Draylon realized he was getting too excited about it.

Draylon took a deep breath and said, "Let me start over, these 5 symbols form a barrier that seals Spiritual energy, however it is weak to penetrations from the side." Draylon pointed at the 5 large symbols on the drawing, then 7 smaller ones are a symbolized and empowered form of Bakudo 3, Sutoppu. "Because Sutoppu stops working after a few seconds because there is not a solid barrier around it, the other 5 point seal solves that problem, sealing the attack inside. After empowering these two seals you would cast the Kido, into the center of the Device, where it would be stored or sealed until pushed out, at which point in time it would take form and activate out of the side. the way you activate it would be pushing your finger, empowered by spiritual energy through the hole, effectively pushing the kido outside the sealed area, releasing it. Now because it is released by pushing energy through the hole i decided that it would be too dangerous if it took a hit, because it could fire at you instead. So I added this 13 point barrier deflector on it, which takes power from, both other seals and the kido inside. So incase it gets hit, it will deflect it and depending on the power of the attack it deflects versus the power stored inside the device, it may negate the ability to release the kido, because the energy amount used. To fire it in this form, merely stick your finger partially in the hole empower it with energy, THEN push out, thus firing the kido. The only problem with the last seal is you can't put 2 near each other without them starting to try to deflect each other, draining the power, so you would only be able to carry 1 at a time."

"With this, a captain could seal a kido inside and a lower class shinigami could fire it. as long as they could summon the spiritual energy required to push it out." Dray paused for a second and moved over the papers a little bit. "Here is the design, a about 4 inches across with a hole about an inch wide in the middle, made of copper. I decided on copper because it has the best Spiritual Retainment of all the metals I looked at. So what do you think of it? Will you help me make it?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Simone grabbed the notes with a grimace, he was here for work. Pity that. With a sigh she gazed at his designs. He bug eyes allowed her to literally see things from multiple angles at once. Thinking of the designs in 3D wasn't too difficult. She stood there for several moments absorbing the information.
"I'll admit I don't see these kind of ideas outside our squad often, perhaps looking to join up?" She gave a wink than turned back to the documents. "So you're pretty much jamming the spell in and then forcing it out? But isn't the seal going to decrease the power output? You're sealing the spell on one end and the other. When you force the spell out you're making it break through the very same barrier you've set to hold it. " Simone said. The idea was abit crude and lacking elegance, but it seemed probable. "You're making a bullet." In this case the head was just the kido itself and the user acted as a firing pin. She said after more thought. "Mechanics aren't my expertise, but I do know enough to get by."
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Dray listened as she talked about her understanding of his plans and thought about it more when she said, "So you're pretty much jamming the spell in and then forcing it out? But isn't the seal going to decrease the power output? You're sealing the spell on one end and the other. When you force the spell out you're making it break through the very same barrier you've set to hold it. " Draylon responded saying, "Ah, but the seal I chose to hold the power in is generated from the symbols so it is weaker from the side, so yes you are breaking through the seal, but you are doing so at it's weakest point."

Draylon waited as she thought about it, after a little while she said, "You're making a bullet." Draylon thought about it for a second and said, "Basically yes, yes I am. Except for the minor detail that it is a kido instead of a bullet, but it basically it operates on the same principal."

Dray eagerly looked at her, "So do you think we could possibly make one and test it out? Or do you see any more problems with the current design? Oh, and yes I was actually planning on applying to join 12th squad once I graduate the academy"

Last edited by Arawn on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: Tags were wrong.)
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:14 pm

She sat observing the papers once more. Running a hand through her hair she traced the designs with her finger.
"Are you sure you want to use copper? It's quite conductive. Some of the energy attacks might suffer." There footsteps behind and Simone perked up. "Let's ask Arawn what he thinks." she beamed. Sure enough Arawn walked from behind Draylon carrying a stack of papers balanced on several books.
"Ask Arawn what?" he said vacantly as he searched for a spot to put the paperwork down." Simone quickly moved to take some of the paper from him. Rather than go to the large lab building looming before them Arawn took a turn and walked along the front of the building. There was a smaller building off the side of the large facility.
"Dray here wants some help." Simone said falling in line behind the redheaded man in the white lab coat. "He brought some blueprints." she tried to wave the paper she got from Dray. Not that it mattered with Arawn's back to her. He continued to the small derelict looking building.

He propped the books and papers against the wall long enough for him to open the front door and enter. Simone motioned her head for the young man to follow.
Arawn had already started speaking. "And why does he need my help?" He said putting the items down. "I have enough to do as it is. I pulled Inventory this week. I really don't have time." Simone sat the second set of papers down beside them.
Simone grunted, then gave Draylon a weak smile. Arawn had sat down at a flimsy desk with pen in hand began running over several lists before him.
"Arawn, this is the guy we nearly killed with a robot." she said through clinched teeth.
"They signed wavers Simone, they knew the dangers." he said without looking up.
Simone walked over and put her hand down in front of the paperwork.
"Not that guy, the other one." she said ever so sweetly. Arawn cocked his head to the side. Then his eyes lit up. "Yes, that one." she said shaking her head.
"OH!" he stood quickly and tossed off the lab coat. "So, so sorry about that!" Arawn addressed Draylon directly. "Let's see those plans." Simone was quick in handing them over. He sat and looked over the design.
"How thick is this going to be? Copper is a nice choice, but perhaps an alloy to improve the overall durability. The sealing doesn't seem too difficult, but are you sure it will keep the spell for long. If the fields feed from the energy itself, then eventually the spell will 'spoil'." He waved his hand. "Or just come out weaker the longer it's held." He tapped the silver stripe on his nose, there was a flash in front of his eyes. "How are you targeting this thing? Is it like a wand? What about storage? How are you going to carry them? You can't exactly have them in your pocket due to the barriers and fields you got going. A belt perhaps? " It was an interesting idea, but some small tweaks were needed or just fleshed out.
"I can't grant you access to the main lab, but you're free to use this place. It used to be research lab, but now used for storage. It's got alot of tools, not the cutting edge stuff, but it works." He rubbed his chin and looked over the blueprint again. "It will take some time for the supplies, I'm doing the secondary inventory now. Nothing is going to be filled until I'm done. Get the rest of your plans done and you're free to use the recycled materials, that has open access." He handed the paper back to Draylon.
"That means we're happy to help." Simone spoke up quickly.

Last edited by Arawn on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Draylon followed behind the woman, patiently waiting until Arawn actually realized what was going on, then as Arawn studied the plans he started rapid firing questions at Draylon. He was stunned for a moment, then replayed the questions in his head, answering them one at a time out loud, "I was thinking about a cm thick, I suppose i could add a layer of silver onto it as a plating, that is what the Quincy use to for their Ginto, the field only flares to full strength when needed, only keeping a thin layer when not. The estimated time before it becomes unusable is about 2 weeks. You target it by pointing and firing, granted it will not be compatible with many kido, but it still be useful. Storage, I'm not sure it would be practical to store them at all, considering operational lifespan. and since it takes physical interaction and Spiritual Energy to make it fire, just having it in your pocket shouldn't be that much of a problem, as long as you aren't pumping out so much energy it completely destroys the barrier, in which case it would be best to use it early."

Dray look a breath and listened as Arawn granted him access to the basic research lab, and Simone offered to help. "Um Simone, could you show me a device that I could use to make this? And can you show me to the recycled materials? I need to get some copper and silver, and would be grateful if you would assist me." Draylon smiled at Simone happily, "Thank you for your assistance."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:55 am

Simone nodded and led Draylon from the room. The hallway was dark and musky. As Arawn had mentioned it was an older building. She stopped at a door down the hall and gently turned the handle. She motioned for the young shinigami to follow. The room had seen better days. There was faded paint and cracked windows. The far side of the room was filled with bookshelves filled with file folders, and boxes of books and loose paperwork. The rest of the room was relatively clear with tables and chairs set up. There was a small corner filled with what looked like a generator.
"You can work here." She tapped one of the metal tables. It seemed sturdy enough. "There are tools in the next room down. And you can find some more in the 3rd down the left." she gestured as she walked to a window and dusted it. She coughed. "I'll show you the recycle room, it's near the main. lab. It's scraps and odd pieces that don't get used. No one will miss them."
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:24 am

Draylon followed as Simone showed him the room he would be working in and explained to him where the tools were. Dang this place is bare, he wasn't kidding when he said that it was used for storage. So there is a power generator over there and the tools are down the hall, I better take a look at the tools first then get the materials, no point in getting things that I cant use if I don't have the right tools.

As Simone showed him down the hall, he stopped and walked into the room she had mentioned, looking around. The tools seemed relatively unused for some reason. He grabbed a few tools here and there that would help in carving metal, and a few things that looked intersting, one small laser and a device to melt metal, he grabbed some raw materials for making clay so he could mold something to put the molten metal into, as well as grabbing a few other things. He then transferred all the stuff into the room he would be working in and walked back over to Simone and said, "Sorry for the wait, and thanks for waiting." He then followed Simone into the Recycle room.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:48 am

To reach the Recycle room, they had to enter into the lab proper. Simone entered a code at the door way and pressed her thumb to a small screen. The hallway they entered looked like a hospital; clean and sterile. Their foots echoed on the tile floors. There were doors lining the long hallway.
"This is the worker's entrance. Next time you want in you'll have to go around." she smiled. They took a right, and then a left. Some of the doors had windows allow a small peek into the rooms. There were various lab work going on. Some were just filled with shelves and books. One room was wall to wall computers. As they walked the occasional person would pass. Simone gave a nod or a wave, but didn't stop to chat. Finally they came to a set of doors. REFUSE
"We call it the recycle room, but it's really is just trash." There were a multitude of cabinets, drawers, and shelves. Various labels were on each listing contents, while others were simply blank. Simone zeroed into a set that had a tag on the top the read METALS Rather than title they were had there elemental title.
"Here we go Cu!" she smiled and opened the drawer. Inside were chunks of various sizes and quality. There was even a pipe made of the metal. "Take your time and look around. Things here are either sent to be destroyed or reprocessed."
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:48 am

Draylon followed Simone into the recycle room and listened to all her explanations. Then said, "Thank you for your assistance, i would like to proceed further on my own, I am sure Arawn could use some help with the inventory." Dray turned back to the metals and proceeded to rummage through them, eventually finding some broken copper wiring, a large cracked copper tube and after about 20 more minutes found enough scraps of silver and copper to probably make 5 of them. Loading the materials in a spare box nearby he carried them back to the lab.

When he got to the old lab he powered up the generator and started to plug things in, to give them time to warm up. He put the silver in the mini-smelter he had found and began working on the clay, molding it carefully into the shape he needed, once he had made one half of it he started working on the other half careful to define explicitly all the runes he had fashioned into the device. Once he had both halves complete he fused them together, leaving a small hole on one side to pour the molten silver in. He poured in the silver and started to swish it around trying to get an even coat inside. after he was sure the silver had hardened he cracked it open and realized he had failed to do it properly, the silver wasn't coating all of it. Remaking the clay and re-smelting the silver he tried again, and failed again. Frustrated at this point he went to the tool room and found a tumbler, and brought it back. Repeating the process, this time using the tumbler instead of trying to do it himself, it worked! he managed to get a rough approximation of what he wanted. Once I file it down a little bit with the tools i have and chip off the extra metal it will be perfect! Draylon then repeated this 2 more times, managing to get it almost perfect each time. I thought i grabbed more silver, oh well i have what i need.

Draylon then switched the metals in the smelter from silver to copper, and waited for it to reach the point where he could use it to fill in the inside of the silver to complete the Device. By the time the copper was ready it was already 3 am in the morning. Draylon perked himself up and did a few stretches to wake himself up more, then proceeded to get back to work. Very very carefully, Draylon poured the copper into the hollow silver casings he had made, stopping every once in a while to shake it to make sure the copper reached every nook and cranny inside, then stopping filling it up a few mm away from the hole, which he would fill in later, then proceeded to do the same to the other 2 casings he had made. then waited for them to completely solidify and cool down. By that time it was 5 am and dray was exhausted, he had put a few drops of silver from the block on the hole he had poured the copper in, using a small laser to melt it, it was slow but it was sill faster than waiting for all the metal to heat up again. Then he got back to filling in the small details and making sure everything was in place, chipping off bits of metal that didn't need to be there and defining the characters on the Talisman better.

Once he was finally convinced they were complete, he held one up and charged his Spiritual Energy into the first barrier, then the second. What kind of kido can I use that wouldn't cause any damage but would still fire? how about Bakudo 5, Senko? yeah that should work.. So dray stuck his finger into the barrier and channeled Bakudo 5, Senko through his finger into the device... and nothing happened, the kido didn't fire! Excitedly now he stuck his finger back inside and charged his spiritual energy on the tip of his finger and pushed the kido out, suddenly a blinding flash. Temporarily blinded, he stumbled backwards bumping into a table. Blinking the tears away he let out a cheer. IT worked! Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES! Excitedly, Dray went and tested out the other 2 as well, they all worked!

Dray started to rush out the door and then looked back at the lab, in slight disarray. Sighing he spent the next hour cleaning up the lab and returning all the tools to their proper spot. At this point it was 6 am, and the sun was just starting to rise, Dray went over and entered Arawn's lab and walked over to his desk, only to discover that he wasn't there, but about half the stack of papers from the previous night were still there. Leaving a small note saying, "Thanks for your help, it works! I am giving this one to you in thanks, and leaving one of the Devices on the desk, Dray left.

Dray then proceeded over to the Research and Development lab's patent section, and submitted a copy of his notes and one of the devices. Then he proceeded to go back to his dorm, and fell straight asleep, sleeping for much of the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)   Making a Kido storage device (Arawn) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a Kido storage device (Arawn)
Page 1 of 1