The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battered and broken (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Battered and broken (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Two weeks before his trip up the mountain

"Well I've found a martial arts teacher, but I want to improve my skill with the blade." This proved to be more difficult then he could imagine. While the school didn't mind renting out instructors to guide in kido. They weren't too keen on allowing their zanjutsu teachers work outside of a classroom. Arawn signed up for classes, but upon learning he was from the 12th squad most people laughed. It seemed that the squad's reputation as scientist hurt him there. That aside the classes were all booked. He would have to wait several months before he would get into the intermediate level courses. Not content to wait he came upon an idea; seek out a strong fighter and try to get them to teach him. This too proved to be quite difficult, finding someone "strong" wasn't easy. If he were to judge just by appearances he saw plenty of muscular men, but that didn't mean they were expert swordsmen. Asking around he got a multitude of different answers. There was was one real consensus; squad 11 was know as the most powerful fighters. But he doubted that was true, perhaps they too were suffering from a bad reputation. As the days wore on he would frequent the sparing fields to see the fighters. Day after day, he tried to keep track of wins and loses, but that proved fruitless. The people that came to the grounds were too numerous to factor. Desperate, Arawn posted a note at the entrance of the sparring ground

INSTRUCTOR WANTED

Seeking a skilled fighter to help in learning zanjutsu.
Willing to pay handsomely.

He took a seat right beside the sign and waited. "The die has be cast." he muttered. Whoever answered his sign, he would have to test himself. Just being able to beat him would be proof of some strength. Even if the person was moderately stronger than him, he would be content in learning. After that he would seek out a new instructor, and so on until he himself would be unbeatable.
The first few applicants were academy graduates thinking to score some easy money. He made short work of them even with his amateurish skills. After seven of these such fights, the jokers stopped challenging him. Someone had to take him seriously; someone strong.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male
Number of Posts : 586
Quote : In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice
Registration Date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:11 am

Shikuro was spending the most of his time in his office as always, really he really didn't have the time to fight as much as he previously did at these times, ofcourse he kept himself in shape either way he just wasn't spending so much time improving his own fighting experience other than a few people that demanded to fight and then a very rare select people he sorted out, but heclosed his eyes, having grown tired of being inside today, it looked like rain, it was always so great when it rained, clearing out the air and washing away the troubles, what bad could there be in that.

With a simple though in mind he flash stepped from his office to the roof out at the training grounds, he sat there watching the crowd train, fight and finnish each of their own battles, either as the victor or as the looser didn't matter all in all they all gained so you would never be the looser when the concept was to learn.

His attention was caught though by a rather familiar looking guy fighting against some of the rookies he himself had signed up for the squad he knew this guy was far more experienced than those rookies, he couldn't really see anything fair in those fights right there. with another flashstep at the last fight he appeared right behind Arawn.
"Fighting against my rokies..? well thats hardly fair they are still green behind their ears... Arawn, right?"
He tilted his head not really intirely sure it was him yet pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:46 am

"Yes?" He replied to the greeting. Arawn had met this man before, but the man's name escaped him. For the most the man must be skilled to have appeared suddenly. Shunpo, the technique he was just barely learning and yet preformed effortlessly. Most of the people here training hadn't used such a skill, or just couldn't use it well just like him. "It's hardly beating up on rookies, I'm screening possible teachers." He pointed his asauchi at the sign he had made. There were some people gathered around it, nodding and smiling. Arawn wouldn't say the fights had been easy; his clothes were tattered and he had several minor scrapes. Still he had emerged victorious from the each round. Either everyone here was weak, or no one was taking him seriously.
"The promise of money lures them in, but they doubted my skills, what little I may have." He gave a small smile. "Just because I work in a lab doesn't mean I don't have any experience." He said the last part abit louder than the first, hoping people got the message. It didn't look like anyone was listening, he sighed.
"That aside, you do look strong. I recall you held your own against some interesting foes awhile back. That itself might be proof of your strength, but.."He takes up a fighting stance, his sword held forward. "People can get weaker, and I have learned more since then. It's only fair that I test you as well before ask you teach me."
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Shikuro was standing calmly his look just mildly following what Arawn was speaking off softly shrugging really, it was all way too much talk for just a few things spoken off, ofcourse he had a plan this guy, a 12th Squad Shinigami never went so much trouble without having a plan. A teacher would he even want to bother yet he didn't have much choice he couldn't sit idle by while the onyl people that actually wanted the money was rookies, it payed good being an good member of 11th squad the missions just had more danger and therefor more money, so when the money is the only gain ofcourse it would only be the weaker crowd that would respond.

He sighed as the turn out of this convewrsation would turn out to a fight, not that he didn't like it, it was just slightly bothersome that whenever he actually talked to someone on these gorunds the result would always be fighting.
His eyes turned back onto Arawn not really sure weather or not to take the fight fully serious but he atleast shouldn't let his guard down.
"Oh Trust me... I've done nothing but improved since then..."
Quite nicely infact, his level of Zan had increased amazingly since then, back then he was only newly known of the name of his Zan.
With those words his hand slowly moved up just grabbing the hilt of his sheated sword.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:16 pm

The 12th squad shinigami didn't wait for Shikuro to unsheathe his weapon, his hand reaching for his weapon was all the confirmation he needed. He hopped forward and closed the distance between them. His sword came down in a large overhead slash in his right hand. In his left hand he had already grasped his scabbard and swung the club like weapon a Shikuro's chest, and then brought his right leg up into a sidekick aimed at his stomach.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Shikuro stood still not even unsheating his sword yet he waited fro the exactly right moent then he leans for pulling up his sheated sword making sure that Arawns Blade was blocked nicely by it even carving light into it making it stuck there, while he then pulls out his Zanpakuto, He then moves up his left arm to take the hit from the club it hurts not that it mattered much, his leg then kicked in against Arawn as hard as he could to both block and shaken Arawn's Stance now as All Attacks against him has been nullified his Sword Counters by a verticle swing in against Arawn's mid section.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:25 pm

The blocked kick made him shaken his stance, but not enough to stop him from blocking the counter attack. His own blade stuck in Shikuro's sheath he instead used his own scabbard to block the new attack. Like his own weapon, his opponent's weapon cut into the sheath holding it in place. At this point both combatants were connected; Arawn's sword in Shikuro's sheath and Shikuro's sword in Arawn's sheath. Without wasting this opportunity Arawn spread his arms wide and pulled backwards. As the yanked he kicked out with his right leg. Unless Shikuro release one of the two weapons he would be forced to take a kick directly to his head.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Shikuro Himself get pulled forwrd holding onto his sword nicely and the sheath staying on his back as for when the kick is comming useing his free hand His hand moves in on the side of it barely redirrected the kick up and besides his head placing it on his shoulder, before then letting his own leg make a kick towards the only one of Arawns standing legs. attempting to Force Arawn onto the ground.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:40 am

His kick thwarted Arawn went with the obvious next step. His one leg supported by Shikuro he swept his other leg upward onto the other shoulder Bending his body forward and supporting his weight, he squeezed Shikuro's heads between his knees. Still squeezing he pulled himself completely upon the opponent's shoulders and tried to topple him by shifting his weight further back.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Shikuro quickly moved his still unoccupied hand which had just placed Arawns Legs upon his shoulder over in a block pushing Arawns leg away from ever allowing him to capture him and then within his next motion he moved forward and soon after tossing Arawn down as he is now on him smashing him down onto his back.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:33 pm

The smash to the ground was painful, the wind was almost knocked from him. But he couldn't allow himself to be pinned for long. Using the ground as leverage he pulled his weapon and sheath free and rolled to the side. He quickly got to his feet with a slight side-step. He was now standing at Shikuro's right. He grabbed at right arm and struck with his sword at his unprotected back.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Shikuro kinda let him escape he really had no other plans of pursueing the continueation of having him pinned there it was all just rather punnishing him for trying to work in acrobatics against him, it wasn't really the smartest choice not at all really, he quickly moved his blade up letting it clash with Arawns and in the same motions as the blades slide over eachother, a sweep kick is sended right against Arawns Right side.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:09 pm

With his right hand occupied Arawn reached over with his left to help guard the kick. It wasn't much use since a cross block wasn't the best of defenses. His left arm barely cushioned the blow, his side hurt from the other man's strike. He snaked his left hand around the foot capturing it. It was not a complete reversal of situations from earlier. Shikuro was on one leg. Arawn shifted forward and hooked his leg out behind Shikuro's to knock him to the ground while he punched with his right fist still clutching his sword.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Shikuro wasn't really going to let Arawn catch him as easily, Arawn was smart enough to do what he was trying to do, but his speed weren't going to match up with Shikuro's own, he quickly jumped light sending his free leg up kicking Arawns arm away from grapping onto his own , and then he placed a hand on the ground while letting the previously recued leg go down to the ground then make a push with it making him flip backwards on his arm and up onto his feet, putting in some distance between Him and Arawn.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 pm

"I had heard the rumors that the 11th squad was the most battle hardened of the divisions, but it seemed they were only that." Arawn rubbed his side the pain was starting to fade. "Maybe those rumors don't apply to all within the squad." He smirked. Although there were people walking around the arena he spoke low enough that they didn't hear his words. "It's a shame really, after the fight I witnessed in the human world I had high expectations of your abilities. But to press you this much so easily." He shook his head and frowned. "Are you really this weak or is it only your shikai that gave you that advantage on the field that day?" Arawn gave his sword a practice swing, and tucked the scabbard in his left against his arm. "Release your weapon, let me see your true power." Silently he wondered if he really could contend with a released weapons. With kido he could probably keep himself in one piece. If not it would be a one sided massacre. Either way he was up for the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:24 am

Shikuro got up on his feet, with a few brushes over his clothes looking dirrecftly over to Arawn, raising an eyebrow, not really sure he liked where his speech of his where going. He started slightly chuckling, it was funny though how this person who should have been so smart had seemed to figure out something so wrong.
"Big words... if you haven't noticed... I've not really been trying to hit you with my edge yet..."
In Shikuro normal fights a more agreesive approach was the way he normally fought though the hits he did right now was ore to just place hits not to actually harm him, the lethallity and the shame of a Vice Captain going all out to actually try placing lethal blows so soon was rather high. He tilted his head though, was this guy really that serious, to actually want to fight his Shikai, last time he met Arawn he had barely learned how to fight, he actually had doubts that he himself had learned the name, with Shikuro's shikai he wouldn't even need to move to fight Arawn, he would dominate the field completly.
"Are you perfectly sure thats what you want... cause if I do that... this will be a whole other level of fight you'll be throwing yourself in..."
He looked at arawn really making sure this was something he really wanted, his blade haging down casually infront of him, seeming so open yet all the more alert.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm

It was Arawn's turn to chuckle, he lifted the edge of his scabbard and pointed at he cut Shikuro's blade had made.
"You haven't been trying to cut me?" He shook his head. "It's not that you aren't trying, it's that you've failed. I said I would test your skills and it seems you're lacking. Sure, you have strength and speed, but your ability in using them is on par with one of those students I faced." Arawn felt even that was a generous analysis. "Even if you dismiss this failure as 'not being serious' it speaks volumes. Arawn tucked the scabbard back on his left arm. "Your reluctance tells me alot as well; it's nice to know all the people in your squad isn't a bunch of blood thristy maniacs. Or is that a power you have trouble controlling?" Arawn wondered if Shikuro was just stalling for time, trying to plan some other point of attack. "Yes, go ahead and release your weapon. If I can overcome that, then you're no threat at all it seems."
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:15 am

Shikuro sighed, he had no idea, had he wanted he'd been moving around diffrendly to push to one and to actually want harm is too very diffrend things, not that he really wished to take this discussion as it was pointless he could say what he wished Arawn was getting way to confident here.
"You're pushing it.. and don't say I didn't warn you"
Shikuro had no problems what so ever controlling his Shikai, ofcourse he didn't master it, but problems he haven't experienced.
He raised his Zan placing his other hand on the wrist of the holding hand.
"Blacken them all... Hikage"
The straps of baclk cloth strapped around both Shikuro's arms a shroud of darkness then covered his hands and as he pulled back his left arm was covered by a claw and on his right wrist a bladed armguard appeared.
"I'll keep it short... And try not to damage you too much"
Shikuro took a deep breath, letting the power flow nicely out getting afeel of it, waiting to see the best approach, he had endless choices now.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:47 pm

"Good, that wasn't too hard now was it?" Arawn had seen Shikuro's release before. He marveled at the transformation. The somehow the blade had become a claw for his arm; in essence it had become two weapons. It was amazing from a scientific point of view. But now wasn't the time to be impressed by the change of weapon, he had to be ready for it's actual effects. He tried to remember what he had seen Shikuro's fight in the human world; a movable shadow that could physically strike. He had to test the limits of the shadow first, how strong was it. Arawn's reiryoku flowed outward and he focused his mind on finding the proper spell. Too many to choose from. Offense and defense were at his disposal, might as well start with something big.
"Hado #17: Smite!" he pointed with his hand as the lavender pillar took shape and quickly launched itself at Shikuro. He kept his energy ready for the next spell. Things were getting interesting.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Shikuro smirks softly as this would actually be the first time he would actually be able to proberly test this for real, he figured Arawn would be more of a Kido type of user, and also that arawn would proberly see Kido as his own advantage.
"Chimeiteki In'Ei"
A shroud of Shadows ran along his blade and claw as he raised his claw up grapping hold of the incomming Kido Not only blocking it but grabbing hold of it, though Shikuro ain't used to doing this at all, so about 50% of the power within the kido is lost before he steps forward, throwing the Kido right back at Arawn. Not so much as a Kido but more like the remaining Reaitsu in a harmfull way.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Arawn was beyond shocked to see Shikuro catch the attack and send it back flying. Even as he flinched at block's return it wavered and vanished. He had forgotten that the attack had a short duration.
"Didn't know you could do that." He said honestly. "Must be new or you would have used it against those humans you faced." So Shikuro had improved as well. He smiled, it was getting more and more exciting. More unknowns, more variables, more to understand. Upon watching him he did see that Shikuro had used his gauntlet rather than his sword. Was that an ability limited to the metal glove? Why hadn't he cut it down with his blade or blocked it with his shadow? Were they both too weak? Too much to think about. Another test was needed. Reiatsu still flaring he pointed
"Bakudo #1: Sai!" After the spell landed he rushed forward into a slash at Shikuro's leg. He held his sheath read for counterattack.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Shikuro stood there watching Arawn he was just waiting for an opening, he was a bit disappointed about the fact he lost so much power in the process of grabbing the thing, yet thats how it was.
"Well I can't slack of now can I?"
He raised an eyebrow, Bakudo wasn't really the best choice for an offence but it didn't matter much to Shikuro, his hands was bound, but it wouldn't take long for him to break, yet still longer than the time it would take for Arawn to reach him, though his attack was aimed for the wrong place, though his arms was locked behind his back, he swiftly made a jump to avoid the attack then moving further sending a kick downwards after Arawns head, followed up by his own shade springing out from beneeth him sending a stabbing motion up against Arawn only a few moments after the kick.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:32 pm

There was a considerable gap between them. Arawn had figured it would give Shikuro ample time to counter. But instead he dodge and jumped over him. Of course he had aimed low so it was possibility. A he passed under the shinigami he felt a kick to the back of his head. It wasn't a strong hit since Shikuro was midair and Arawn was moving in the opposite direction. Still it was enough to force Arawn stumbling forward. From beneath him a dark spike rose, Arawn easily blocked the aimed blow and staggered to his feet.
"No too shabby." He rubbed the back of his head. The distant between them was smaller now, his next attack would give less time for a reaction. He spun and thrust with this scabbard high and then thrust his sword low. By launching at the face first he hoped to divert the attention away from the low sword strike. He turned the sword in his hand and made the thrust into a upward slash.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:36 am

Shikuro weren't really unaware that the possibility of Arawn useing both his sword and sheath to attack it wasn't really the first time he would do so, but then again, knowing something and being able to counter it correctly had its problems, not something he really wanted to test out, so even before Arawn Sheat touched him, he disappeared from sight useing Shunpo then reappearing behind Arawn sending an upwards slash with his sword though before the blade even touched Arawn, Shikuro would disappear again reappearing at his left side, first ofcourse the continueatation of the sword slash, quickly followed by the Claw stabbing forward, expecting to get blocked wanting to grab hold of whatever blocks.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:47 am

Arawn felt the strike to his back the instant after Shikuro vanished from his sight. He knew the other man was proficient with shunpo. As the strike landed he rolled forward and spun. Shikuro was behind him, and Arawn felt something warm and wet on his back. The rolls had saved him it seemed. Shikuro had already launched another attack at the empty space where he had been.
"Well that was interesting." He dusted himself off and stood. The cut in his back hurt as he moved. But if he was right, he wouldn't have to move too much. "The more I see, the more disappointed." He slipped the sheath back over his back, and touched the cut. He examined his bloodied hand. Not as bad as he thought. "I won't lie that you have talent, your power is unmistakable. " He shook his head as he thought about it. "But you seem to have zero skill, I don't think I can learn anything from you." Arawn recalled fights with lower ranked people that had more tension. He didn't fear this man before him, "I know for certain I'm weaker, but I'm not one to step away from a fight. " That being said he placed both hands on the sword and swung at Shikuro from the right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battered and broken (Closed)   Battered and broken (Closed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battered and broken (Closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next