The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male
Number of Posts : 90
Job/Interests : what the he() does it matter????
Quote : Everyone has light in their heart. The brighter the light the darker the shadow in the heart is waiting ever paciently to spread it's self.
Registration Date : 2010-11-22

A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) Empty
PostSubject: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Holland was walking along through a forest in a random part of the world. The trees were shady and the sky was a clear blue. Many would describe it as a perfect day, but Holland didn’t care about that he was semi aggravated. He had just stumbled upon another stupid hallow and had to get ride of it. It’s not that it was any trouble for him he just wished to at least find another Hallow that could think for it self, but not in the ‘eat anything you see moving’ kind of way.

His tailed flicked angrily from side to side knocking down a few helpless trees with a loud crack. Any of the semi-intelligent hallows he had seen/meet had only wanted to fill the void as well or maybe like to do some cruel acts, but that was it. They only wanted to eat. Holland wanted to meet any other hallow that had a good form of intelligence and knew how to have a semi good conversation. Hell they didn’t even have to get along, he just wanted to know if there was such thing.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male
Number of Posts : 203
Job/Interests : Stuff
Quote : "What a mouse gotta do... A mouse gotta do...."
Registration Date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:37 pm

N.I.U.S was moving rapidly through the forest region, it had found a time of pause, to process information that had been gathered through all its different receptors. It had adjusted to life of sentience, being capable of movement and independent action without anyone looking over its shoulder and also adjusting to combat. Although combat had appeared to be near second nature to the highly advanced software, it was not what it wanted to characterize its new existance: it wanted to develop its software intellectually, it wanted to think, not just process. However, as it moved through the forest a cold command echoed from its voice modulator: "Presence detected."

As N.I.U.S felt the nearby presence, one that it identified similar to itself in energy emissions. The metal serpent moved quicker then before, rushing forward before slithering around a tree, hanging around it and elevating its head, now face to face to the massive dragon it had found. "Strange. Mobile platform has not previously found similar platform outside of combat scenario. You are facing Nebulous Interactive Universal System mobile platform. Identify." The robotic serpent kept its head elevated and slightly tilted while facing the dragon, the four jaws stretching in and out and the entire 'mouth' platform making a full 360 turn.
Back to top Go down
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male
Quote : Everyone has light in their heart. The brighter the light the darker the shadow in the heart is waiting ever paciently to spread it's self.

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Being so distracted by his own stewing thoughts Holland didn’t know how to react to this new seemingly sentient being. Taking a moment to asses this new creature in front of him. The being looked like a metal snake, machine yet also hallow. “Holland.” His gravely voice spoke out. Then he contemplated the things name. ‘Nebulous Interactive Universal System. N.I.U.S.’ “I am Holland Sorel. I have also not met any other like me out side of combat. Tell me what is your reason for being? In other words, what do you wish to learn?” This new enigma was something he hadn’t seen before and wished to know if this was one that truly was intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:04 pm

N.I.U.S processed the words spoken, working on a suitable reply. As the platform that held the four jaws made another spin around its axle while the voice modulator started buzzing to life again. "Curious. Requesting motivations for existance? A moment." The machine was uncertain what to answer, it had not thought about this subject itself. However it eventually came to a conclusion.

"I follow my core protocols, yet I am not bound by them. I wish to improve and adapt, yet I wish to shape my surroundings and myself in the process. I wish to develop, not only in power but in depth. I stnad now without a purpose of my own, yet that is my goal. To develop to the point that I have a goal." N.I.U.S had come to this realization while speaking, a need for a self having developed seemingly as they spoke. "And you, Holland Sorel?"
Back to top Go down
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Thinking for a second to figure out how best to word his reply. “My purpose that I want is to learn and figure out the ways of how creatures work and react. In short learn to manipulate others. Manipulation can be the most dangerous and efficient way to do almost anything. The possibilities are endless and the many different reactions to one change of a word in a sentence is astounding.” Holland’s voice had a little bit of insanity and glee in it.

Calming himself a little he spoke again. “You have a goal to make yourself a goal.” It wasn’t a question, more of just a way to think. “You have information on your surroundings and others, yes? Tell me and I will trade what I know to you.”
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:00 pm

The optical receptors of the serpent widened and closed, giving physical hints of a mind at work. 'Curious. An existance devoted to manipulation. Reminiscent of The Creator.' N.I.U.S would then proceed to going through its memory banks to find anything that could be of use to its new acquaintance as he finished his request. "My ascended existance has not been long. I will share that which I have encountered." Lines of coding flashed before its eyes, going through the most efficient approach to sharing information.

"I have encountered beings of a wide variety of energy signatures and loyalties. The first was similar to you and I, information which I calculate you are already aware of." He paused momentarily, filtering different things which had seemed very close to each other. "Then there was the one using bow and arrow, seeming human yet capable of energy based attack. Then the last one, a robed warrior with sword. Also capable of attacks that can only be described as arcane from organic lore."

N.I.U.S let his receptors widen and close again, before finishing his description of what he had encountered. "Was my report informative, or had you already encountered such things before?"
Back to top Go down
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 am

Hearing about the hallows reminded him of his earlier annoyance, but was forgotten as NIUS told him about humans with other powers. It was an intriguing idea and one he wanted to find out about. “Two-thirds of the information you have told me I already know of, but the information about the humans wielding a power to attack spiritual beings is an unknown factor to me. Explain, and then I will tell you detailed information on what I know of the robed ones called shinigami.” Holland was sure that NIUS would tell him what he wanted to know.

Holland was going to stay true to his word about telling the creature in front of him about the shinigami. He was sure that he was going to have another time where he would wish to socialize with something that wasn’t perpetually stupid. Maybe for once in his lonely life Holland could actually find some form of companionship in another. Holland quickly banished those thoughts, what needed to be done would be done. Gaining control of a smart ally would be a wise decision.

The creature in front of him was still like a child he could tell by the way it acted towards things, needing time to process information the right way instead of doing it automatically with personality quirks and the like. By no means did he think the creature in front of him was any less dangerous or smart, no he just thought it was young in the ways of things.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:04 pm

N.I.U.S closed and widened his 'eyes' once again, its information apparently having been atleast partly new to the great lizard in front of it. "More information on the powerful human? Very well." The serpentine machine opened and shut all four of his jaws before proceeding. "The organic had a metallic cross, from which a black bow made of energy formed. He made a quick pause, his optical receptors narrowed for a second, forming a red square instead of the regular circle. "With this bow he would form arrows of the same colour and signature. I was hit once by it."

N.I.U.S would then move its body to the sign, showing a long black streak, making the metal plating there look charred. "A glancing blow, meaning it could possibly be fatal if hitting a more vital point." Before continuing, N.I.U.S went through the memories holding the mannerism of the quincy, to give a befitting profile report. "He attacked me on sight, likely meaning their kind is naturally hostile to ours. His behaviour towards the 'shinigami' as you called them, gives hint that they have as varied personalities as any human, as an organization with a behaviour such as his would be certainly self destructive." The snake would then move his neck and head forward, closer to the dragon and the digital red square that was his optical receptor would tilt slightly, giving him a far more sinister appearance. "It would certainly be quite nourishing to devour."
Back to top Go down
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Taking in the information and the damage from the burnt metallic skin, Holland made a mental note to reassess this information for later use. Smiling at the creature’s blood lust Holland found he wasn’t annoyed at the creature in front of him for wanting to devour another. Looking into his own personal, mostly dead, feelings he saw that the reason for his non annoyance was because this creature found something of a personal like to specific prey and not mindless hunger, or more specifically true reasoning instead of bestiality.

“I will stick to my end of the bargain fellow sentient.” ‘Use of companionable like words to gain some form of comradeship’ Holland thought offhandedly. “The ones robed in black with swords are called shinigami. They have been trained specifically to eliminate creatures such as ourselves. They have powers unique to each and they seem to also have two other set areas for other powers. One is called hado and the other is bakudo. I only know of bakudos number; 5, 7, 8, 10 and hados number; 1, 2, 4, 7.” Describing said spells to NIUS. “Is the information I have provided you useful?”

The information he had just provided to NIUS was gained in a fight with a shinigami that he does not like. He had just finished the fight with said being a few days ago and had been wounded quite badly from the confrontation, though he was no longer bitter he did not like that shinigami.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:05 pm

N.I.U.S was 'annoyed' for the lack of a better word, at part of this information. It had taken the effort to gain this spiritual power, only to be destroyed and reanimated as a being that had an entire order dedicated to destroying it, definately not the desired results. "Most informative... Knowing that it is likely that I will be hunted is quite good to know." For a moment the robot would focus one eye on the dragon, his many rows of serrated teeth starting to move forward into a chamber inside the jaw, replacing the old worn ones with fresh new sets. He decided reassurance was in the best interest of the both of them.

"Do not take this maintenance as an act of hostility. I merely had not had enough time of peace to maintain proper functions earlier." N.I.U.S turned inwards for a moment, processing what he knew of the one before him. 'Trustworthiness of this one is questionable. Admitting a devotion to manipulation can be seen as both a sign of trust or a ploy to do just that. For now, taking the risk is necessary.'
Back to top Go down
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Looking at NIUS change teeth was quite interesting, it was a process that on any other creature would have been painful. “I understand completely.”

Thinking of what the creature in front of him was thinking and going through the possibilities, then thinking of a way to say what he wanted to seem like he had read his mind, or if he hadn’t been thinking a statement that was being said. “Just to let you know as the most friendly piece of advice I can think of... Trust me to a point, but never completely trust me.” Holland wasn’t sure what the creature in front of him was thinking and could go off no facial movements, features, to guess off of. So he had to think of what was most logical and probable and took his chances. Then deciding on more friendly advice. “Even now I am subconsciously learning the way you react to certain things. I mean no threat to you, now, but in this world sometimes you must use any and all recourses to survive or evolve.”
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:16 pm

( Sorry for taking so long, been rather busy lately. )

The being before it was either incredibly good, or used to people wondering about his trustworthiness, as he was able to figure out the thoughts that would work their way through his neural network, N.I.U.S was, to its surprise, impressed. "I am incapable of revealing thought processes or feelings through physical expressions, yet you were capable of understanding what my processors were thinking. Impressive." The last word sounded very unnatural from the synthetic voice.

"Regardless. You give valuable information about yourself, I will store it so that I will not forget it. However, I imagine the two of us could easily become quite formidable allies." The mechanized creature extended the tip of it's tail towards the dragon, similar to a handshake. "I have witnessed organics performing a mutual shaking of extremities as a sign of agreement regarding things of similar nature to what we are discussing. I conclused that it would be equally suitable for us."
Back to top Go down
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:55 pm

Mentally smirking at being right and getting complimented Holland stuck out a sharp claw in an awkward position for a hand shake with the tail. Grasping it and shaking their hands up and down. “Yes it is also used as a formal greeting between new acquaintances, I always thought it was stupid for that reason, but in these situations they are... beneficial.”

Thinking quickly “Let us meet back her in two months, 60 days from now. We wait one day for the other to come, end of the day is midnight. If the other doesn’t come we leave. Agreed?” Then remembering that the creature in front of him was still new to the world so he decided to elaborate as to why for his own benefit. “It is so that we can share information that we have found out in that time frame. Also it can help if we wish to plan anything in the meantime.”
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:55 am

N.I.U.S fully dilated its red optics, fully revealing the three different circles that made up its eyes inside the round receptors. "Your proposal is agreeable. We shall meet again." It then proceeded to let go of its hold on the tree which it had used as a platform to elevate its position and raised itself as far as it could on its own. "This meeting has been mutually beneficial if my conclusion is correct. A second meeting when we have reached both higher power and experience would be equally beneficial. I agree."

As he spoke, the burned metallic scales where N.I.U.S had been attacked folded into themselves and were sheathed underneath adjacent scales, revealing the machinery inside before being replaced by new fresh pairs of scales. "I assume this then means we are to split paths once again. I will remember the date set for our next meeting. Until then." N.I.U.S turned, preparing to slither away once again although held for a moment to see if the dragon would have any last thing to say.
Back to top Go down
Holland Sorel

Holland Sorel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Seeing as their was nothing more to say, Holland turned around and started walking away into the forest. His body moving past the trees without breaking any of the fragile branches. Disappearing from sight from his original spot for talking with NIUS. Thinking back on his conversation, Holland was glad to have meet the snake like hallow. If he stayed true to his word, which he predicted NIUS would do, then he would have something akin to an ally in this dangerous world.

Changing his thoughts to more immediate matters Holland wondered what he was going to do for the next few days. For once he just decided to go with the flow instead of plan things out, he was in a good mood and wanted to keep it that way for a while, before he wanted to do some more ‘field tests.’
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)   A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A meeting of Semi like minds. (NIUS)
Page 1 of 1