The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nius

Nius

Male
Number of Posts : 203
Job/Interests : Stuff
Quote : "What a mouse gotta do... A mouse gotta do...."
Registration Date : 2010-02-03

N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul Empty
PostSubject: N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul   N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Decided to start from scratch instead of continuing on the old Nius due to him likely having died due to me abandoning him in the middle of fights.

Name: N.I.U.S (Nebulous Interactive Universal System)

Height: 1.5m, 10m in length

Weight: 679kg

Appearance: A long metallic snake made of several segments of metal cases. The head is shaped as a platform with red eyes that’s combined to four separate “jaws” that form a mouth.

N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul Stock-photo-robot-snake-20336332

Personality: Analytical and cold, N.I.U.S completely lacks emotion whatsoever as he is an A.I and not an actual consciousness. He will generally aim at what he considers the most logical outcome of things and could easily be perceived as cynical. He is driven by his programming to always improve.

History: N.I.U.S, an AI created using state-of-the-art technology, was created two years before now. Due to the fact that his creators were uncertain of what he was to be used for, Nebulous was added to his name. He was designed to follow two prime directives, to always improve and adapt. His software was given control of a massive station involving a factory that could operate completely without human intervention as they wanted to see what he would do. For the first two years he created numerous things, including advanced weapon systems and new tech that revolutionized in many different areas.

However, due to his programming he was driven to improve through some means, and for this he looked to the humans that constantly supervised him, the way they behaved and related to each other, and found something he lacked, spirit. Certain that this had to be something biological, N.I.U.S developed mechanical drones that would imprison his captors, and then proceeded to extract their genetic material and made it part of his hardware through bio-engineering.

The end result was that N.I.U.S, a machine, developed spiritual awareness, and this caught the attention of a nearby hollow. As the hollow swooped by to catch what he thought was a spiritually strong human, he was infuriated when he found a machine. The hollow proceeded to destroy the facility, “killing” the software in the process. However, due to his recent spiritual ascension, N.I.U.S, lacking the ability to become a plus, instantly turned into a hollow.

Each character gets 60 points to assign to either:

Spirit power: 18

Speed: 13

Technique: 21

Fighting skill: 18

(+5 at Rank 1)(+5 at rank 2) Up to date 4/4/11[Up to date 7/20/11]
Custom Hollow Abilities:

Ability 1: Shock – N.I.U.S can send electrical currents through any part of its body. These currents, when activated, can be used to temporarily paralyze a part of an opponents body depending on what part is hit. If it were to hit the torso, the paralyzing effect will transfer to the limb closest to where it hit. If it hits the head, the entire body will be paralyzed temporarily. The current can either be used as an upgrade to its melee strikes, or it can be sent as a projectile. At two metres and down, it will work similarly to a lightning bolt, at longer ranges, it will be a ball of electricity.

Ability 2: Genetic Hacking – N.I.U.S' entire outer shell is covered in thousands of nano-machines that can be dropped inside an enemy's body, either through any orifice or directly through a wound. These can be dropped instantly: if N.I.U.S draws blood, there will be nano-machines inside. It can release as many nanites at once as it wants, but only fifteen can be active at one time. These nanites can then proceed to take control of the host. Starting with the limbs and then proceeding to the head to assume full control for every four seconds. One individual nanite can perform the hacking on its own yet only up to three can be used for controlling a victim at the same time. If the host reaches farther then 100 metres away from it, then the effect ends. The ability lasts for a half hour before the nanites fry. Every active hacking nanite at once drains N.I.U.S’ personal capabilities by one fourth, so when all three hackings are operating at once, N.I.U.S itself is only at a fourth of its potential.

Ability 3: Nanite-bug - N.I.U.S can also use these nano-machines to be capable of sending electrical discharges to cause ‘glitches’ in the body of whoever its host is. These can be used to the full extent of the fifteen nano-machines explained in the second ability but the other rules still apply except for the loss of combat potential. The glitches it can cause are varied, but only three can be used before a nanite overloads and they cannot be used at the same time as the hacking bots. The glitches it can cause are the following:
Pain spikes in various body parts
Cramping seizures in different limbs
Distorting the senses
Small internal lacerations in non-vital body parts
Altering the flow of spiritual energy to different attacks and abilities

Ability 4: Discharge – An electrical field will surround N.I.U.S, reaching five meters in all around. This field will cause great electrical confusion within the body of anyone getting within the radius that will cause the brain to confuse the different electrical impulses it sends to the body that will lead to the wrong orders being given to the body. Different body parts will respond to a command from another body part, for example wanting to move your head will cause you to move your left arm.

Rp sample: Adding a post I made with the old Nius

Nius was watching eagerly, he knew the shinigami were nearby and his trap had worked to perfection. He was hiding his reiatsu while lurking in the shadows of the cemetary while the poor fool of a lesser hollow that he had tricked was chasing after a small child. This was a move he had used previously, tricking a lesser hollow into helping him kill shinigami by telling him he would get to share in the 'bounty'.

While Nius was busy thinking about just how sinister he was, the other hollow, looking like a crocodile walking on his hind legs, had just caught the little child he had been chasing and he did so with a proud laugh. The beast threw him into the air a short bit then kicked him away making him crash into a grave stone with a thud obviously causing a lot of pain to the poor ghost.

The creatures fun was ended however as it felt the reiatsu of two shinigami coming in, letting out a howl that was supposed to signal Nius that it was time for him to come out but there was nothing, only the glimmer of joy in the red eyes glowing in the shadows. 'So it begins...

Last edited by Nius on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul   N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:12 pm

I like what I see so far, just not sure about the fully robot angle. Still awesome. I'll wait to see what other mods say. As for the RP I say cut and past previous post or RP sample you had.
Back to top Go down
Junko

Junko

Male
Number of Posts : 521
Registration Date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul   N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 pm

I wouldnt even classify him as a hollow...

Hollows are living... Id say... im not even sure what id say... After reading it it seems plausible...

BTW this is darky, i is just posting at the time on Junko
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul   N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Just to be clear the 3rd ability can only control someone? If the hacking is complete you don't delete/destroy the person's mind. Although it does sound powerful the risk of getting close makes it interesting/tricky
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male
Number of Posts : 203
Job/Interests : Stuff
Quote : "What a mouse gotta do... A mouse gotta do...."
Registration Date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul   N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah it will only control them, mind wipes felt like quite a bit too much Razz
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul   N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:49 pm

You know what? I say approved. Seems solid enough

APPROVED

Current rank : 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul   N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

N.I.U.S - The Machine with a Soul
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Character Applications :: Character Sign Up :: Accepted Custom Characters-
Jump to: