The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discover your hidden potential

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuro

Kuro

Male
Number of Posts : 1117
Job/Interests : Plant worker/writing
Quote : Ah ah ah, can't touch me
Registration Date : 2009-06-20

Discover your hidden potential Empty
PostSubject: Discover your hidden potential   Discover your hidden potential I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:24 am

Kuro suddenly felt like he was falling through an empty space. Everything around him was black. He seemed to fall for what felt like many minutes. Then the darkness lit up as the falling sensation slowed. He was descending into a clearing in the middle of a dark forest. Looking at his body, he realized that the wounds from the fight he had just been engaged in were not on his body anymore. It was nighttime without a cloud in the sky. The moon was large and full, filling the clearing with a bright glow that felt very peaceful. Kuro marveled at the sight of the bright clearing surrounded by the mysterious void of the forest’s branches. As he stood there, a lone figure emerged from the dark forest slowly walking towards him. It was a tall person clothed in white ninja attire. He could not tell the person’s age or gender because its entire face was covered by its face cloth. Kuro bowed to the individual, but his politeness was wasted as the person sprinted forward and punched him directly in his chest.

Kuro was sent flying by the blow to the edge of the clearing. He looked up at the stranger with fear and disbelief. That was not a normal punch he had been hit with. The size and physique of the mysterious warrior could not pull off such a strong hit even if amplified by spirit energy. And Kuro had felt no increase in reiatsu in the area. His chest ached where he had been punched. He painfully pulled himself back to his feet. He stared at the stranger who was still standing on the other side of the clearing. He thought he saw a glow behind its eyes that looked just like the eyes of a shinigami with raised spiritual power, but he still felt nothing. He tried once more to communicate with the violent stranger.

“Who are you? And why do you attack me with no reason!?”

The masked warrior answered in a rough voice that seemed distorted and echoed loudly across the clearing. “You have improved in your skills, but you are in need of my knowledge if you wish to advance further. If you can pass my simple test, you will be worthy of learning my name and earning my allegiance.” After these words, the stranger put up both hands in a combative stance and charged at Kuro again. It wasn’t much faster than him, but his instincts told him to be wary of its fists. He wasn’t enjoying the thought of taking another hit like the first. He leapt back away from the advancing fighter at a pace that allowed him to better counter its attack. He concentrated his energy, his own eyes glowing with strength, and struck out his palm at the attacker’s chest. The attack didn’t seem to feel the blow at all.

“You fool! Such a wasteful use of power will never bring your enemies down! You’re not fully utilizing your power. True concentration will allow you to attack like this!” Kuro’s attacker struck again, landing a blow right in Kuro’s stomach. Pain shot through his entire torso as the hit landed and his eyes blurred as he sank to the ground. His opponent looked down at him as he tried to regulate his breathing around the pain. The opponent continued to launch a lecture as Kuro recovered.

“The way you use your power to attack now is pitiful. You’re drawing your power, but not making full use of it. While it is true that energy runs all through your body, trying to use it without understanding it is a foolish practice. You need to find your inner network and bring the energy out in a much better way. Then you will be able to produce miracles.”

“You’re getting kind of chatty aren’t you?” Kuro panted as he rose to his feet. “You’re trying to help me. That makes me believe that you’re actually my ally. You’re my zanpakuto aren’t you?” This realization had come to Kuro as he listened to the warrior’s lecture. Its voice sounded extremely similar to the voice he had heard in a few of his battles that he had fought. And with its level of power, it could have wounded him much more than the amount it had so far. Kuro’s satisfied grin came to his face as he returned to his stance. Ally or not, he wasn’t backing down in this fight. He focused his power, searching for the energy the spirit had told him about.

He could feel his energy all throughout his body. It all seemed to flow constant, not gathering in any specific locations. Kuro was confused about the meaning behind his spirit’s lecture. He concentrated even further and charged back into the fight towards the waiting spirit. They clashed again and again, their hands striking and blocking each other. Kuro always felt like he was giving his all, but his blows had no apparent effect on his foe. He grunted in pain as he took another blow to the chest and was sent tumbling across the clearing. He stubbornly pushed himself up again and tried to concentrate on the task. He began to focus his strength again in the usual manner. He first gathered it in his feet to speed up his charge, then shifted to the side and readied his attack.

He focused his energy into his left hand and prepared to thrust his palm at the warrior. But as he pulled back his arm, he felt something new. It felt like the energy in his hand was struggling to get out, like the force of flood waters behind a river dam. He focused on this feeling and mentally strained this “gate” to open as he swung down at the spirit. At the moment of contact, his eyes flashed with energy as he pushed the surge of energy out of his body. The blow missed the spirit, but his palm smashed into the ground beneath it, resulting in a large burst of force and creating a large crater where the two of them stood. Kuro's eyes burned with determination as he tried another attack. His sudden following attack seemed to take the spirit off guard. It threw up its hands to soften Kuro's blow, but Kuro used the same feeling in his hand to release the explosive force that had shattered the ground. The spirit didn't lose its footing, but was sent skidding back across the grass. The spirit began to shake with joy as it threw back its head and laughed.

“Just as I expected, Kuro Akarui, you are always a fast learner. Your growth is amazing as always. Remember the feeling that you have tapped into today, for it is the key to the strongest force you will ever be able to access. The way you have been using your energy is extremely wasteful. You contained the energy in your body and used it to speed up your strikes or slightly boost your strength. But the technique you just learned goes beyond that. You transferred the force through your palm into the target at the moment of impact, using the full force of the energy to produce a devastating strike. That is the combat potential of the exploding palm.”

The exploding palm? Kuro had no idea what the spirit meant by this. It seemed like a concept that he had heard of before, but he hadn’t looked deep into it. But it seemed like a great way to improve his hand to hand potential.

“You have passed my test. I only wanted you to learn the way to use my strength. Hehehe, don’t expect that you will be able to perform such a strike anywhere outside of your mind without my assistance. This is a battle technique unique to me that shall be passed onto your hands. Now go and show the world my power! I shall be your fist and smash all those you stand in your way. I am the Seishou Seijin!

Kuro smiled as his inner world began to fade. His new ally also faded from sight, its eyes boring into Kuro’s as he departed. Kuro bowed again as the world became complete darkness. “Thank you, master.”

Last edited by Kuro on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Discover your hidden potential   Discover your hidden potential I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:46 am

>.<
Please can you try to edit this post to make it longer, possibly making your task seem more stressfull and harder on Kuro as it's a little short at the moment, sorry for any inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Discover your hidden potential   Discover your hidden potential I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:26 am

thanks, looks good, please fill in the Shikai ability template in the become one with your Zanpaktou section, thanks ^_^
*stampd forehead*
approved
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male
Number of Posts : 1117
Job/Interests : Plant worker/writing
Quote : Ah ah ah, can't touch me
Registration Date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Discover your hidden potential   Discover your hidden potential I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Name: Seishou-seijin (Spirit Sage)
Call out phrase: Focus, Seishou-seijin!

Description of released form: a black ninja gauntlet with a golden band around the wrist and a black strap that runs from the wrist to a ring on the middle finger on both sides of the hand. On the palm side, there is a large, flat, red jewel set into the strap that shines faintly with energy.

Abilities:

Ability 1: Kibaku Hirate (Exploding Palm)

The default skill of Kuro’s shikai. It automatically compresses spirit power that Kuro guides into his left hand. By mentally releasing the power, Kuro can perform super strong actions with his left hand. Normally used for an explosive force of strength behind punches, it can also increase his physical strength for a very short period, allowing him to lift heavy objects.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Discover your hidden potential   Discover your hidden potential I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 am

okay i'll add this to your char app Smile
sorry for the delay ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discover your hidden potential   Discover your hidden potential I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discover your hidden potential
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Character Applications :: Applications Forum :: Accepted Shinigami Applications-
Jump to: