The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekend W.R.A.P up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 10:06 pm

While some people can relax all weekend, some of us have work and other dull activities. So those with limited free time could do with some suggestions in how to allocate said time. Thus WRAP up; Watch, read, and play (yes I know you can skip "and", but that's me being clever.

WATCH: Lucifer. Season just ended last monday, but it's coming back in May. So in that time I'll be wondering what going to happen next. The story is simple; the devil quits running hell and opens a night club in Los Angeles (because why not). Seems the powers that be aren't to keen on that idea, but can do little to dissuade the prince of darkness from his vacation from eternity as lord of hell. While everyday is a party (a sexy party no less) for Mr Morningstar a sudden murder of an acquaintance moves him to find the criminal and bring them to justice. With the help of a cop that seems immune from his devilish charms he seeks to punish bad guys as only he knows how.

READ: The king's avatar. Funny thing is that this is both a light novel (translated Korean/Chinese webstory/book) it is also a manga. I'm suggesting the novel over the manga only because it's progressed further and more detailed. Read both if you'd like some visuals for when you read later. That aside the story follows a professional gamer that is forced into retirement. Think of a world where esports is just a hot as regular sports. The game of choice is a MMORPG called Glory. Once he's kicked from the sports club he goes to work at a net cafe. Although forbidden from returning to the pro scene, he does join the newly opened Glory server to begin the road back to greatness. Action and some comedy in a decent package. MC is pure awesome at the same time rather simple. I must say what I like is the different character class of Glory. Kinda wish it was real.

and PLAY: The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth/Afterbirth+ . This has been my "go-to" game when I'm in the mood for a challenge. The story is the a little boy named Isaac is about to be killed by his mother. To escape he jumps into basement. Okay there's more to it than that, but that's only the jumping off point to this strange game. You play as the hapless Isaac as he navigates the maze of rooms that makes up the basement and ultimately face off against his mother. You only weapon is your tears. Yes, tears. The game plays like shooter with the tears as bullets to destroy your enemies. You start with a limited number of hearts (life), but with luck and some skill you can increase them as you progress. You tears can be upgraded, and downgraded with the various pickup and tools you find. Everytime you play the items, enemies, and room layout changes. You can record the code from each run and replay them if you wish, but where's the fun in that? As you unlock new items and character the combinations increase. Soon each run is challenge in managing your items, and choosing which powers to keep and avoid. The base version of the game is Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Rebirth is actually a remastered version of the original Isaac game. Afterbirth is the second expansion, while Afterbirth+ is the second release. Antibirth is free fan mad expansion that adds even more powers/items. At this time Antibirth and Afterbirth are not compatible (they are working on it) So just getting Rebirth and then Antibirth will keep you busy.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 11:53 pm

WATCH: Gabriel Drop-out - At first I was going to mention APB the show that took over for Lucifer last monday, but after one episode can hardly recommend it yet. So instead I turn to the anime that's gained my attention. This show focuses on an angel that comes to earth to finish her training and further understand humans. She's the top student of heaven so she meets the trip to earth with all the gusto a saintly being can muster. But then she fall prey to video games and becomes a total slacker. (Message?) Her once goody two shoes behavior crumbles to dust as she spends all day playing MMORPGs. Her classmate a devil no less, takes great pains in making sure she gets to class and does her homework. They are joined by another devil girl that claims to be the next rulers of hell. Rather than being the most evil person imaginable she cackles as she plays childish pranks such as recycling a bottle with the lid still on. Or pulling out someone's chair before they sit down. You would think that Gab-chan would have some heavenly help, but you'd only be half right. The second angel to join the mix seems to enjoy tormenting people because it's amusing to see them suffer.

READ: Keijo!!! Buckle up kids, this is one wild ride. So imagine a world where a hot new sport is rocking the world. This sport has girls in bikinis atop platforms in a pool of water. The women try to knock each other into the water using only their butts or busts. Something like women's sumo. After hearing this you'd think this is a weak excuse for scantly clad women and nip slips; you'd be right. Our main character is a former gymnastics student who wishes to join Keijo to earn money for her family. She's the typical happy go lucky girl with plenty of spirit. She speaks her mind, even if there's not much on it. So we follow her exploits as she learns the sport and goes through special training to take part in races. Well it all seems simple enough, but then comes the special moves. At first I thought it would a be a cheesy sport like manga, but soon the MC unwittingly unleashes the rare special attack: vacuum ass cannon. By twisting and spinning her ass at high speeds she releases a shockwave capable of shredding clothes and parting the water. I kid you not. There's even a girl whose butt "auto-attacks" other players. While I didn't take the book seriously, I lost all faith once you see some of the special moves these girls unleash. Funny at times and hilarious at others. Yes, there is nudity, but it's bound to happen when girls are fighting in bikinis.

PLAY: NIOH. A PS4 exclusive, so not everyone will get their hands on it. (only because people don't like to own multiple consoles, silly rabbits) If you've not heard of it, I'll say what many are saying. While many will compare it to Demon/Dark Souls. I'd say it's closer to Bloodborne and Ominshira Warlords. (now there's a reference) With those unfamiliar with those games you'll be happy to know both known for their action. Nioh gives you the option to change your battle stance as you fight to attack faster, bigger strikes, and better defense. While you do manage your stamina as you swing your weapon, if you press a button at the right time you can recover some of your stamina faster allowing you to press your attacks. Enemies ranger from human, zombie like creatures, horned demons, ninjas, etc. Rather than knights and sorcery we get samurai and mysticism. It's a oriental themed game where you'll see some chinese folklore creatures come to life you explore the countryside. There's plenty of loot to be had and different sets to mix and match. And much like Darksouls you can have people enter your game to help you (co-op) or summon spirits of killed people to combat.(AI controlled opponent with the gear/loadout of the dead player) It's the reason I'm posting this later than expected. Fun is to light of word to use to describe this game. You'll die, but you'll get back up and try again. Challenging, but not completely impossible.  
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male
Number of Posts : 863
Job/Interests : That's Officer DarkMaster to you, buddy.
Quote : I'm afraid of the dark.
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 am

Always keeping busy, I see. And still a night owl.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:44 pm

WATCH: Shimon Sample. The real name is Ore Ga Ojou-sama Gakkou Ni "Shimon Sample" Rachirareta Ken. Wow, I'm tired just from typing it out. Truth be told it's manga, but I decided to pick up the anime to see how much stayed true to the source material. While it does skip out on some things, it's still a good watch. The story follows Kimito who is kidnapped and taken to an all girl academy. This special school is for the super elite rich girls that are so naive they have no clue about the outside world. Most of the graduates face such a system shock they become shut ins. So Kimito is used as a sample of commoner people to help soften the blow. His first problem is they think he's gay, when he tries to correct this they warn him that if he wasn't into men they'd have to take his genitals. Forced to profess his love of muscled men he is faced with cute girls that find him very interesting. He tries to explain to rich girls how a normal guy lives his life to hilarious results. A strange harem comedy if anything.

READ: Yuusha ga Shinda! What starts as a rather simple fantasy setting quickly becomes something surreal. A village is attacked by a monster and the local radish farmer Touka tries to  stop the beast with a pitfall. The famous Hero shows up and defeats the beast, but falls into the pitfall instead. Yes the Hero is killed. So with the Hero dead it's up to Touka and his weird leg fetish to save the world from the coming menace. The world is doomed. His quest isn't going to end well, but you'll enjoy every moment.

PLAY: For Honor. Well I'm an idiot. Yes, you can quote me. Not like it's the first time I'm said such a thing. Well at least publicly. I played the beta for this game and decided to pre-order it. No regrets. Now that's not what me an idiot. You see, the last few games I've mentioned were being played on my PS4. And to those with a PS4 know that the system has a share function. I could have just posted a video of the game I'm playing. So not just describing the game I can show of my skills, or lack there of. (much lack) That being said For Honor is an action game that has you take the role of a viking, samurai, or knight in a battle for the land. Each type has their own style of play, but each requires you shift your defense and offensive stances when facing opponents. You can block/attack left, right, or high. If the opponent attacks high, you need to block high or hit him before he hits you. While there is an offline version of the game that plays out like a tutorial for the different character classes with a decent narrated story. A series of linear maps, but has secondary tasks like break items or find info locations. The online portion has you fight AI or humans in different format of matches. Domination, Elimination, and Duels. Win or lose you get war assets which you can employ to help defend pieces of a world map. So while it's a fighting game it has a conquest secondary game. With that in mind he's a short vid of one of my better sessions. I did die, and over used my stamina (when the screen goes black and white) leaving myself open to attacks. The character I used is called Nobushi. She doesn't have very strong attacks, but gives enemies a bleed effect ( a damage over time; DoT) If you hit an enemey with bleed you do more damage. Her more unique technique is a stance that erases her stance indicator while dodging. Overall a fun game.

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:29 pm

A late day followed by an early one, and yet here I am. Let's get down to it.

WATCH: Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon. Kobayashi is on her way to work when she comes face to face with a dragon at her door. I'm not talking charmander I mean a full on T-Rex scaled lizard. iirc the head is at the door of her 4th floor apartment. At it releases a thunderous roar it suddenly turns into a buxom maid (with horns) she then happily tells Kobayashi that she had asked her to come live with her as a maid. In a short flashback we see a very drunk Kobayashi wonder into the mountains and make such a promise. What follows can only be a culture shock of the oddest degree as Tohru (sp?) learns what it means to be a maid and Kobayashi teaches her modern society. Funny, cute, and somewhat heartwarming. A odd setup with a humorous punchline.

READ: Aizawa-san Zoushoku aka Aizawa-san multiplies. The title says it all, but there's abit more to it. Imagine if you will an empty class room and Aizawa-san, the school idol confesses to Souta. Before he can come to grips with a beautiful girl confessing her feeling for him a second Aizawa exits the closet confessing to him as well. A second later a third Aizawa sneaks behind him and professes her love for him. Thinking it some kind of elaborate gag, he's shocked to find out that Aizawa had fallen into a hole on the way to school and simply multiplied. Right when she promised herself if she escaped she would confess a new Aizawa appeared and together they escaped the pit. Souta at a loss for words can only listen in amazement, but the proof is standing before him. There not 3, but 4 Aizawas all of them wanting to be his girlfriend. I'm usually neck deep in action mangas, but I kinda stumbled into this one. The author wrote another series I've read, so I was checking out their other works. Turns out it had an interesting concept and a good read. Guess I can call myself a fan at this point.

PLAY: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands BETA. Note the keyword BETA. The real game comes out in March (8 or 12th?) and this weekend we get to get a taste of the action. I'll admit I thought this would be a FPS, but it's actually a 3rd person shooter. I'm sure that will disappoint some, but I think it's a good choice for this type of game. To put it simply it's a cross between Just Cause (1/2/3) and Metal Gear V. To anyone that's played both this much is obvious. You're pretty much let loose on a huge island where you're to find intel, kill cartel leaders, rescue hostages, assist rebels, secure supplies, etc. Rather than going at it alone this game is single player with a AI squad of 3 others, or Co-op with 3 friends( or randoms?) Much like Metal Gear you'll spot/flag targets and order kills to stealthily approach a location. You can deploy a drone to get an aerial view before sweeping into a complex, deliver a plane to a rebel base, stop a convoy from reaching it's destination and other random side activities. All the while avoiding the corrupt military/police. I have a feeling as fun as the game is, most of the enjoyment will come from the random encounters and causing general havoc. Pretty much what Just Cause allows you to do with it's huge arsenal of weapons and gadgets. Check it out before it's gone, but I think it ends monday, so get cracking.
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male
Number of Posts : 863
Job/Interests : That's Officer DarkMaster to you, buddy.
Quote : I'm afraid of the dark.
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Damn it...missed you again.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 6:17 pm

WATCH: WWWWorking This is actually the third in the Working! Series. In the last two incarnations it followed series of strange characters that worked at a family restaurant. While the first two had the same characters this one starts a new cast (not sure if the same voice actors, will look that up later) Our story opens with a family around a dinner table eating when the father announces he's lost his job. (I think in another translation it says his business closed down.) Everyone but the son has a hearty laugh, a rather easygoing bunch.  Thus He tells the son he needs to pay for his own metro pass and phone by getting a job. The place of his employment; Wagnaria a family diner which comes across like IHOP. The first person he meets is an easygoing boss (a useless pushover who fails at math WITH a calculator) and waitress.(who threatens violent against said boss for feeding cats behind the store) From there things get even stranger. There's a young man holding various jobs one of them at a hostess club (google it) to pay off his family's debt, the rich daughter the young man's family owes to (she works there only to torment and harass him for dumping her when kids) A deadpan waitress that can see ghosts (but doesn't believe in ghosts as they all look the same to her) a waitress that doesn't work at all (spends much of her time in the breakroom bullying the boss) Just these people alone cause enough chaos, but there are a couple more in their ranks. To those that think their job is filled with weird people, this place takes the cake.

READ: Gan-Kon. A young man is in love with love. He spends almost everyday confessing to girls and seeking his soulmate. Before you think he's a playboy it's the opposite, all the girls are repulsed by this aggressiveness. One day he finds himself confronted by a god (no THE god, a god) whole asks to grant his fondest wish. At first the young man thinks to wish for a girlfriend, but instead chooses to ask for a wife. From what I've read there's joke in the translation as what he says can be misinterpreted easily (japanese is funny like that.) It doesn't help that the god in question wears a big heavy mask and can't hear very well. So the next day the lad awakens to a cute girl claiming to be his wife. It turns out the girl is the god transformed to fulfill the wish. (the joke being "I want a wife" > "I want you(as my wife)" something like that). But the boy enjoys his newly acquired wife, but is shocked to learn that he has to help her fight other gods for territory to increase her sphere of influence. Is the power of being a newlywed really much use in a fight against someone who can karate chop beer bottles? While it has a Law of Ueki vibe (look it up) it's a slight romcom.

PLAY:  Mass Effect 1/2/3. While I want to gush about how great Horizons Zero Dawn is (and it is awesome) I figured everyone and their mother is already talking about it. Plus since it's a PS4 exclusive some people won't have access to it. Instead I thought I'd suggest the Bioware favorite. As the new one is coming out soon (a month iirc) Getting into the ME groove isn't a bad thing. Playing the first one doesn't take much time (skipping side missions and various quests), but the other two might consume more time. 3 does have multiplayer aspects so you can sink some time into that portion. In general you play as Commander "X" Shepard. His/her name isn't X, just you can put any name you want, but almost no one calls you by that. If anything it's just a way for you to identify save files for your character. As Shepard you fly across the stars fighting and recruiting aliens as a threat looms on the horizon. Pretty much a generic RPG sort of story. What puts it apart from most is the fact this is a third person shooter. A decent blend of RPG and shooter is what made this game great. There is some adult situations, but overall rather mild. In my opinion the second one is less RPG more action, and the third even more so. Basically you have character classes and abilities you can unlock for each class, but the choices get somewhat streamlined. The new game Andromeda actually doesn't star Shepard, but takes place in another area/region. It ties into the story of Shepard, but plans to be it's own tale of space exploration. From the reports/news I've heard this game will be similar to Dragon Age Inquisition which was a more active game than it's predecessors   Things they've added; a jet pack and melee weapons. So expect some dodging and flying above enemies to rain down death and destruction. There are some vids of the gameplay so I'm pretty sure this is the route they're going. If you're new to the series you can play the new one without much confusion, but if you're a fan it's going to be a fun trip. Since we have some time before it's release why not get your toes wet? Take on the trilogy and prepare for the new journey.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 am

Well that happened. Made a decent sized post and then hit backspace. Now for most that only deletes the last letter or so, but not Mr Arawn's keyboard. When I select a tab and press backspace the page goes back. So poof goes post. I'll try to remember most of what I wrote, but let's just move on to the main point

WATCH: APB. I mentioned this show not long ago, and can no recommend it for people to watch. The idea is that a super rich guy's friend dies when they stop at convenience store. (seriously this guy is billionaire or something, why would he stop in such a crappy neighborhood?)Some time late he approaches city hall to take control of the 13th district of the police department. Using his uber technology he update/upgrades the cops. And so he begins his quest to fight crime and find his friend's killer. The main character Gideon is pretty much Tony Stark if he didn't build an Iron-man suit (although you'd think he could make one for SWAT team or something :p) he's cocky, smart, smug, and hella rich. He's joined by Murphy, it's a she btw, who sometimes has to show him that even with the best tech it's the people that solve the cases. While interesting the show itself is rather formulaic. In the first episode they find the killer of hi friend, I was kinda hoping it would be part of the overall arc as some kind of conspiracy to kill Gideon or something. Nope. The only real story is the character interactions and the fact the Mayor doesn't like the fact Gideon is doing a good job.

READ: Seikon no Qwaser. Let's get this out of the way; BOOBS. This manga has plenty of boobs. Now it's not completely fanservice and ecchi things it's part of the story. So it's about people that have control of elements and their power comes from drinking the lifeforce/energy, soma, from women. Yeah.....sucking boobs to power up. Okay even as silly as it sounds the battles themselves are pretty cool. The character the manga follows it he qwaser of iron. Alexasander is a white haired young man that comes to the private academy to search for a precious relic. The heroines of the story are Tomo and Mafuyu who's foster father had some kind of ties with relic/idol. When I mention the fights I really mean they're interesting as each adept controls a single element, they manipulate their element in different ways. So it gets a little nerdy, a little pervy, and then kinda cool. There is an anime, but from what I remember it was censored for obvious reasons.

PLAY: The incredible adventures of Van Helsing. Warning PC only, but currently on sale on Steam. This game puts you into the role of Van Helsing the monster slayer as you help rid a town of evil the plagues it. The gameplay itself is quite close to Diablo in style. There are various versions (jobs/class) you can play as. You can rely on different swords, guns, spells, and you trusty ghost familiar to help you conquer the strange beasts that roam the lands. It's a rather simple game, but brings back the joy that Diablo once had; customizing your character and getting lots of loot. There are 4 parts to the game. I'd suggest the first them moving down the line.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 12:31 am

WATCH: Legion. A Marvel show that's not on Netflix? WTF? As surprising as that may be it's more surprising that I didn't recognize this show at first. What I mean is I didn't recognize the character. So in this show we follow David who is diagnosed with schizophrenia. But are the voice he hears only in his head, and when he sees things move is it only his imagination? As he explores his memories the less we know about him and his past. There's more than meets the eye to this strange man. I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers because it's really something you should watch. It's no fun to tell everyone "who did it" when it comes to a mystery story, this is the same. So there's a story to unfold and the journey is well worth it. For those that know who Legion is, the comicbook character (if you don't want any spoilers, don't google him), you'll enjoy this just as much as those that don't. Maybe even more. Sit band and turn off your brain and prepare for it to be blown.

READ: Birthright. Another surprise this time I'm recommending a comicbook. This is a book I stumbled upon not to long ago when Amazon was having one of it's many sales. This story is about a modern family on a special day; a young boy's birthday. The father takes the child to the park while the mother and brother setup the big party. While playing a game of catch the mother calls telling her husband they're almost done. The boy goes into the forest after an errant toss, but doesn't return. In a panic the father searches for the child only to find nothing. Days, weeks, months (years?) pass and the family is shattered. The wife divorces the husband blaming him for the missing child. The father is sloppy drunk being taken care of by the older son. One day they receive a phone call from the cops. Once at the police station they're confronted with a strange sight; a muscular man in loincloth claiming to be their son. What really happened to their son, and what does it mean now that's he's come back.

PLAY: LawBreakers. Okay I'm cheating abit. This one is PC only and Beta for this weekend. It's a fps shooter, which is rare for me to play which seems to lean towards overwatch. Now it's not a fair comparison it's just the vibe I get. I mean seriously I could refer to Team Fortress or any of those other team based games, but I won't. For whatever reason I can feel this one wants to dethrone the current king of shooters atm (outside of the usual COD and Battefield games) The gameplay is fast and furious and the main draw is that each character type has a unique movement ability. The Medic (my current favorite) has the ability to hover. While that sounds simple this technique makes them strife and move rather sharply giving them much maneuverability. Another character, the gunslinger, has a 3 use short range teleport. In addition to the interesting movement style from each character is the ability to blind fire. Blindly fire from around a corner? Nope. Blind fire shoots BEHIND you while you run and jump across the map. And when it comes to jumping it feels like you're flying through the air even without using skills like hover. So it's a high jumping fast paces shootout with character class warriors. Fun to be had, but looks like it's a multiplayer only affair. Still I might pick it up when it fully releases. Check out some vids on youtube it might just spark you interest as well.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 pm

WATCH: Masamune-kun no Revenge. This is a story about a boy that was bullied. Who bullied him? A girl. Not just any girl the cliche beautiful popular girl. Some time later Masamune has changed himself. No longer is his the chubby child that many ridiculed. Now he's a handsome man any girl would like. But what he wants is revenge on Aki. So with the help of her personal maid he tries to get closer to the girl that bulled him. Once he's gotten her full trust he will crush her like she crushed him so long ago. But things never work out like we planned not even revenge.

READ: The Alchemist God. Lin Mu Yu has reached the peak of the MMORPG game earning himself the title of Wargod. But he promised his family once he accomplished this feat he would quit the game and join the family business. In the real world he's a rich young elite, but in the game he worked hard to achieve all that he's gained. So with at heavy heart he sells all his equipment and deletes his character. But something goes wrong. Lin Mu finds himself thrust into another world where people cultivate their own inner power to fight and defeat monsters. While this world is similar to the online game he once played this isn't a game. Using the skills he kept from the game he finds he is alchemy is very useful. Watch has he evolves in this strange new place and overcomes various trails on the path of cultivation.

PLAY: Mass Effect Andromeda. I mentioned that this game came out and lo and behold I dove head first into it. So what's the analysis? Truth be told despite having it for the week
(of the what times I had) I haven't gotten far. The first thing that's different it he addition of jumping. While it may seem simple the ability to jump and hover adds something to any third person cover based shooter. When that game is a RPG third person shooter, you've gotten something interesting. Running from cover, jet boosting into the air only to come down crashing on an enemy's head is quite effective. Or just boosting to a new cover just as enemies try to flank you. Aside from the more fluid and active combat, the game has a crafting system where you research blueprints and gather supplies to build better weapons. If you add augments your crafted weapon can be superior to those weapons you find. Adding to that is various mods you can use on weapons and armor as well. So in the end you have a new level of customization. Now with all that being said, there are many that aren't happy with this game. The reason being is the graphics. Me, I could care less. I've run into a couple of glitches, but nothing game breaking. So graphics be damned it's a good game. Explore the planets and enjoy the journey.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 4:24 pm

WATCH:Triage - X. The world is a sick place, anyone can tell you that. But what if someone took it to heart? What if they created an organization to operate on the patient. The criminal elements are tumors and the scalpel is a hot lead. This is what Triage - X is about. A doctor has trained people to help kill those dark and twisted aspects of the city. Crime bosses are given a black label and hunted down by the group of assassins. But that saying goes; whoever fought fire with fire surely lost his house. While violence can solve the problem it only brings more problems. Although they fight for what's good you wonder if the hero is any better than the criminal. This is the same art style found in Highschool of the dead, so expect disproportion females (chest too big to support) but the version I got was censored anyway. I'm not sure if the manga came first or this show, but either way it's a rather solid story. There's gunplay and some drama, but nothing too ground breaking. For the most it's a cool premise if anything

READ: Hatsukoi Zombie. What I love about this series is the main character Taruo Kurume. While he's the usual dense protag you'd see in most books, he has a certain charm. He's described as low calorie, or better yet lazy. He doesn't want to expend more energy than required on things mentally or physically. Things take a turn for the worst/better when an errant baseball hits him dead center of the head. When he awakens he sees a beautiful girl floating above him. Not only her, but he can see floating girls/women everywhere. No one else can she these phantom women and he thinks he's being haunted. Soon he realizes they aren't ghost per say, but the first loves of all the guys he knows. And the only way to make them vanish is for that love to be realized/returned by the girl the guy likes. While the other phantom girls don't bother him much he wonders how to get rid of his own phantom a girl he met in elementary classes. Cue the new transfer student, but big surprise it's a boy. But he was the person Taruo met long ago. How can he get rid of his first love zombie (what he now calls them) when his first love wasn't even a girl? It's funny and somewhat sweet how it all unfolds.

PLAY: Down well. Simple isn't always better, but a lot of fun can be had. Keep is simple is a nice motto and Down well does just that. The game opens with you jumping down a well. Riveting, no? But the game itself is you navigating the way to the bottom. It's a platformer game, but has shooter elements. You stomp on some enemies while shooting (bolts?) from your feet to make a path down as you fall. You find treasure rooms and power ups as you descend. You'll even come across shops. As you progress things get tougher. Enemies with spikes, flying goo. As simple as it is, it's a challenge and fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekend W.R.A.P up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend W.R.A.P up   Weekend W.R.A.P up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend W.R.A.P up
Page 1 of 1