1) No excessive swearing/ cussing in the RP. Though we do allow some vulgarities, if it appears that this is all you live for, don’t be surprised when you receive some form of admonishment from us.
2) No advertising outside of the board that is designated as such except in the advertisement forum
. This means that you may not use the chat-box, nor in any other general threads to advertise for your site. You are not permitted to have any porn-related material. Breaking the latter rule will lead to a permanent banning.
3) No spam, double posts, or OOC (out of character) posts in the IC (in character) or other formal boards. Spam is defined here as any random and, for lack of a better word, stupid comment. We do not want a thread in the “Help” area having posts about cookies and milk. Really, just save it for the appropriate board. Double-posts are almost completely unnecessary. The only instance in which one may break this rule is in the character creation area, in order to post your updates and whatnot. OOC posts here are those “[Insert OOC comment here]” things that are sometimes included at the head of posts in order to inform everyone about some background or other pertinent information. This rule does not mean to not do it; rather, it requires that you post IC, too, instead of having one sentence of OOC taking up a post. This is aimed at IC threads, as mentioned earlier. Using OCC knowledge inside IC is strictly forbidden and is punishable with a 3 day ban. If two users participate in a Rp thread then they most follow the posting order meaning, for example; John posts first then Frank, if John doesn't post for a while Frank can't post either. One must wait for the other to post.
4) Regarding post length, you are not allowed to have single-sentenced posts. We are not requiring much by asking for a couple sentences or paragraphs. There is always a lot to write about, but people do not ever use the numerous things that there are to write about in their posts. I recommend that you take note of your character’s thoughts and appearance.
5) Proper grammar and punctuation are to be followed, because that is common sense. We donw ant post lyk tis. It really isn’t that hard to proof read, and it is suggested that you type anything up using Microsoft Word, or any equivalent program.
6) Godmodding and metagaming are not allowed here, or anywhere else for that matter. What these mean is moving someone’s character or causing them to do something without the other person’s consent. You may not say what their character does, or if they get hit by an attack or not. That is up to them, though everyone is asked to use common sense when determining if they get hit or not. If it was unavoidable, then you should be hit, period. Metagaming is just building an uber-character that will not, or cannot, die.
7) Players who are using the same computer may not use the accounts of the other... It is counted as account sharing (which is against the rules). It is preferred that players keep their posts separate in this case, even if one has permission to combine posts with the other. This does not mean however that, with permission, a player cannot give a single quote or action of another player to avoid a short post...
8 ) A player character can not be killed unless permission is given by the character's owner. Non-Player Characters do not apply to this rule. You may kill another member's NPC without their permission. However it is required to gain permission from a mod or admin if you do not have the owner's permission.
9) Harassment is against the rules because even if we did not mind, it is against the law, and terms given by darkbb. If you believe that you are being harassed, you are to report it to one of the administrators, who will look into the issue. You may play with people, and tease them, but do not go overboard in doing this.
10) The current character limits stand as the following:
11) You are allowed Three Characters. A new account for every character you make is required. This just makes everything less confusing, because then people don't think you're posting as one person, when in reality you are posting for another.We operate a three strike rule here. A staff member will give you a warning, the second time you will receive a punishment based on the offense, this could be being banned for a period (A few days, a week ect) or it could be that you have stat points removed from your character. The Third time is a permanent ban.
Remember these are guidelines. If your crime is exceptionally bad you WILL be banned first.
Fair Warning.Chatroom Conduct:
1) We don't look kindly upon hate campaigns. If you have a problem with someone, you either come to a staff member and we will fix it, as best we can, or you keep it off the forum.
2) We realize that different people are offended by different things however racism or any form of prejudice will NOT be tolerated. At all. Ever.
3) If you are asked to stop doing whatever it is you may be doing by a staff member, please do. It will make your life easier.The system applies. Three strikes and then you are gone.