The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:16 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/22/technology/xbox-one-faces-wider-range-of-competition.html?_r=0

Gotta say I didn't expect them to change the name to that. But the 720 did sound kind of silly (-kind of +very). In any case I'm not sure if the PS4 (which hasn't completely shown itself) will be winning the coming console scuffle. WiiU released already so like before will have a slight lead over the other two companies. While that may be I think the other two systems have a much more interesting lineup planned out to make up for their lateness. Time will tell if which of the two will liberate me of my hard earned cash. I love my PS3, but the PS4 will not be backward compatible. Guess that makes sense, but even now I play afew PS1 and PS2 games on the system. Odder still that they keep remaking games from those previous systems in HD and Trilogy packs. Guess they want to take the time to remake/enhance old games and sell them to us again. Maybe Microsoft will pull out something amazing with the new item. Xone? Trying to figure what cool name it will go by; X-1, XO, Xone, XI? (Zone?)
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:16 am

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Just wow. The more I look the more things that make the Xbox One less and less appealing.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male
Number of Posts : 586
Quote : In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice
Registration Date : 2010-05-29

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:51 am

Yes and its things like that, that ensures I've done right by sticking to Sony, they might be money hungry but not to that extend right there. I still find Xbox weird in a number of ways, and the only reason they choose to release as much as they have right now is to beat Sony in the lineup. But what they forget and Sony haven't the more you tell the higher the expectations will be.

Sony has kept a very low profile this time around, to not go through another episode of release failure, while Xbox will most likely have a ton of new comers to the system complaining, on another side, Sony's choice to not give out anything specific keeps Xbox from making any actions to counter their creativity in the system.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:29 pm

While it's true that MS seems to be digging a hole, the fact Sony has been quiet is causing some speculation as well. While forums are bashing Xbox One's set up they're question if Sony is any better. Doubts and fears that the PS4 will follow a similar scheme. Silence is just as bad a saying too much. I will say that showing their games first has worked some what in their favor. With the line-up in view the lack of details is less agrivating. Rather than the Xbox One's promise of interactive revolutionary TV and Sports. While novel and innovative is less appealing to those that buy the system for games. I wouldn't mind the ability to multitask with my system, but the used game and DRM like features you hear about put a sour taste to the whole package. Only 11 more days til E3. I pray both systems find their footing by then. But anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Looks like MS has figured out the mistakes they had made after watching Sony at E3, since the have released some news correcting some of the in my oppinion critical if not fatal errors they could've made.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.819354-Microsoft-Drops-Xbox-One-DRM-Restrictions-UPDATED?page=3#19749857

This is my response to that news. And I'm still baffled to why they waited so long, and all those stupid comments they made while trying to make Xbox One seem better than it actually was/is.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Well to that all I have to say, they waited cause they thought they couldn't loose anything from it, it was purely money interest from the company side. But When Ps4 features came out, they saw their corrupt system falter and could basicly wave their loyal customers good bye. So then they made up the fact that it was their fans that made them do it, while in truth is was Sony that drew the final straw.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male
Number of Posts : 56
Registration Date : 2010-11-03

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 pm

okay i have kept to myself about this...issue, kept my peace on the numerous forums i stalk. I am a long time Xbox player. Still have my original and my fist 360 (thats been on two military deployments). And all I have to say is Microsoft lost a long time customer. What really saddens me is all the restrictions that Microsoft feels are "Requirement" and "Protect from piracy". More like trying to put companies like gamestop, EB, and other such locations out of business. i mean they will say its no longer required, but for how long?
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 am

Much like you many people are noting the change of heart, but not completely buying it. Once bitten twice shy and all that. There's no way to gain that trust back or to fully sedate the rage. Even more jokes and jibes have arisen. Xbox One 80 is the newest one. Clever, no? 3 more months to go. We'll see if this change is for the best or if they can recover from the nose dive/tail spin.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:45 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10444-Were-The-Good-Guys-Now

Pretty much sums it all up.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male
Number of Posts : 56
Registration Date : 2010-11-03

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:00 pm

LOL!!! yeah totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One   Xbox One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: General Board :: Off Topic Discussion-
Jump to: