The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurai Katsu

Male
Number of Posts : 26
Quote : Darkness
Registration Date : 2012-09-02

Rank Empty
PostSubject: Rank   Rank I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm

I suggest thebleachworld to rank people when you approve their character, meaning to rank how good their character is. I mean it's not fair if every's character is just starting at Rank 0 like people who made very good characters has to be in rank 0 and people who made bad characters would still be at 0. Who would want that..
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank   Rank I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 pm

No thx,

first of all it would bypass all the work and years that others have spend ranking up, not to mention the years the staff has spend getting everything balanced and organized. which is basically just a hell no, you're asking the site to turn it's back on its most loyal members.

2nd of all, people's opinions vary and so would judgement and placement ranks.

3rd we already have a way to reward people with good characters and good writing, it's called gradings via rank up app. the better you are at writing and weaving stories the higher score you get and the faster you will rank up.

4th, you only want it that way so you can start off stronger, if you want to get stronger then write better stories and write more.

its basically blatant favoritism, and that is insulting when the site is trying to keep things balanced.

Your asking the staff to give good people advantages and punish writers who aren't as good.

I vote NO
Back to top Go down
BoredomSaysHello

BoredomSaysHello

Other / Decline to state
Number of Posts : 80
Registration Date : 2012-09-30

Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank   Rank I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I see where you get the idea, but in all reality it is not a necessity. Even IF this gets approved, the MOST that would happen is being able to start at rank 1 or 2, and that all depends on the race too.

For example. You wouldn't be able to start a Rank 3 Hollow, because that skips ALL of the fundamental evolution that you have to go through in developing your character. In all reality that's a gate-way to instant Arrancar and Cero, and in my opinion that is very OP. Rank 2 or 1 Hollow isn't too bad, because you still get development of the character. I don't completely agree with it, but to me it is acceptable.

Another is for Shinigami. Even though there is a lot more to go through as a Shinigami (Bankai, Shikai, and further evolutions.) and a lot more to unlock with power paths to decide for, it's the same idea. Starting a Rank 3 Shinigami grants you the choice of learning Shikai, an ability, kido 1-40. and Shunpo. Rank 1 would be a okay, and Rank 2 would be... Meh.

For Quincy there isn't much hope, because Hirenkyaku is able to be learned at Rank 2, and anybody would agree with me, starting with a Shunpo/Sonido/Hirenkyaku is pretty OP. Lowest I could see is a Rank 1 start, but no higher. If Hirenkyaku was learned later, than I could see that a possibility of starting at Rank 2.

For Bount it's pretty much okay. Starting at rank 1 or 2 would only mean there is a bit less of development needed, and the person has to just push through that second rank. (It'd be hard at first seeing as they probably wouldn't be used to the forum style, but after about four posts they'll be used to it.) Again, Rank 1 is okay, in my opinion, for any race, but it's still not fair.

For Fullbringer, it's just about the same thing. Rank 1 or 2, but any higher would be a bit too much. I understand WHY you would want this, but I see it quite pointless due to the fact that NO moderator or admin would agree to it, and most of the RPers here like the developmental stage. However, the Hollow RPers are probably on your side.

If this were to get accepted, and this is highly unlikely, then the highest Rank that should be allowable for start is Rank 1, but that is just me.

I say...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank   Rank I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 am

What they said. Actually there was afew attempts where people submitted a character with almost 3 pages of history and asked to be rank 3. Size/quality of application doesn't make you better than the next guy. Everyone starts the game from the same point, how far you go is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Kurai Katsu

Male
Number of Posts : 26
Quote : Darkness
Registration Date : 2012-09-02

Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank   Rank I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:17 am

I see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rank Empty