The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[CB] Executive orders (Kuro)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

[CB] Executive orders (Kuro) Empty
PostSubject: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 am

Another relatively peaceful day was slowly ending in Seireitei. The high heat now settling comfortable warmth that made people sleep and lethargic. Orange light bathed the area as the sun made it's descent from it's heavenly throne. Shinigami moved through the city's streets as they gradually made their way towards their barracks. Work detail and the various patrols shifts had ended. Most of them would go to sleep, others to grab dinner and perhaps some other entertainment. But even as the one shinigami began to retire for the night, another rose to take his place. A shinigami needed to stop and rest, but it didn't mean the hollows would do the same. Another group to take up where the last had stopped and then another to replace them. It was cycle, a long and drawn out cycle. The new shinigami were oblivious as a messenger darted past them over their heads. There was several methods to relay information in Soul Society. The hell butterfly, Jigokuchō, are usually employed to deliver messages to squads and their leaders when needed. The black butterflies were commonplace in Seireitei as cell phones were in the Human world. Unfortunately a method had very low security. Anyone could intercept a butterfly and any hope of secrecy lost. But there were also several specially trained individuals used to do the same the Reversal Counter Force. A seldom seen branch of the Onmitsukidō known for their speed we more than able to deliver messages and to keep matters of the utmost secret. The messenger vanished as he shunpo'd once more landing on a roof only temporarily before vanishing once again. His mission was very important, he spared not one second in his trip to the destination. Within seconds he appeared at the 2nd squad barracks. The man's breath came in labored gasps. Despite his training he was tired. Shunpoing across all of Seireitei would tire anyone out. Maybe not everyone. He stood before the office of the captain of the 2nd Division. Although this man was the leader of the Onmitsukidō the messenger had rarely been here before.
"Captain Akarui" the man said knocking on the door heavily and then bowed deeply. "I come with a message. Your presence is requested before the Central 46." he stated evenly. Was the captain not in? It was hard to tell there was only silence after the man spoke his words.

Last edited by Arawn on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male
Number of Posts : 1117
Job/Interests : Plant worker/writing
Quote : Ah ah ah, can't touch me
Registration Date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 am

Kuro arose from a lazy daze that had fallen over him like a spell cast by the setting sun's light. He stood up slowly, arching his back as he stretched to shake off the drowsy feeling. The heavy knock on his door had caught his attention and he was aware enough to catch the second part, the important part, of the message. His lazy attitude forgotten, his face lost all appearance of fatigue as he grabbed his zanpakuto from its spot leaning against his desk and tucked it into the usual spot inside his robes. He strolled over to the door and opened it with a swift motion.

"Understood." he said flatly as he stepped out and acknowledged the message. He turned back to close his door, then immediately set off for the Central 46 chamber at top speed. As he made his way there, his face was serious and blank, but his mind was racing with thoughts and questions. He had never been to the Central 46 before. He didn't even have any idea what they were like or what it was like to stand before them. The biggest question was the obvious one: what did they want with him?

He arrived at the bridge leading to the assembly hall building and crossed it slowly with a nervousness in his steps. He was sure that he wasn't in trouble, seeing as he'd been summoned rather than arrested, but that didn't do anything to settle the crushing pressure of entering such a highly authoritative place. He reached the door and opened it up, wondering as he did so if it would be considered rude to enter without knocking. The damage already done, he stepped just inside the building and called out for anyone who might hear him.

"This is second division captain, Kuro Akarui reporting in response to my summons."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 am

The captain's words echoed in the now silent room. There had been many hushed whispers before the captain had entered. Although their faces were hidden from view there was little doubt that all eyes were locked on the man standing in the center. The darkness the premeditated every corner of the chamber expect the center where Captain Akarui stood. A single ray of light to dispel the blackness that threatened to swallow him. Finally someone spoke. Due to the acoustics of the room it was impossible to tell from which direction it came.
"Greetings Captain." The voice the booming voice. "We are very pleased for your rapid response to our summons." The voice didn't sound the least bit happy in the slightest. "We were deliberating on the matter of your subordinate and his most heinous crime." At this point the speaker paused. "Or perhaps I should say crimes." The chamber came alive with whispers and mutterings of the many men gathered. A dull roar that swept through the seats. Men arguing over the matter of what had happened, snickering, and even sighs of disgust. After several moments the noises quieted and the room was once more restored to silence. "It has been said even you sought out this rogue and failed."
"The shame of all this puts a great taint upon the Gotei 13." The speaker resumed as if the interruption had never happened. "The Shihōin clan has called for the abolishment of the 2nd squad and all it's personnel, but we can't have such a thing happen to such a stalwart captain as yourself." Once again the words didn't match the tone in the slightest. Just words for the sake of appearance. "Tell us, what do you think of this matter. What do you think of the savage killer Tatsuya Okibi."
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 am

Kuro stood stiff through the proceedings, his nervousness not lessened in the least bit by the light flattery the voices presented him with first. This nervousness quickly intensified as he caught on to the subject of this hearing. The voices of the speakers didn't help either, their words not matching the two faced tones that they were spoken in. Kuro had heard of cases involving the Central 46, but nothing had prepared him for this level of shady behavior. Everything seemed like a giant mental game with two meanings to it. He could only clench his fist and grit his teeth as he internally cursed Raiden for his despicable framing of Tatsuya.

Kuro's attention was pulled fully back to the hearing as they spoke of the Shihōin's desire to abolish the 2nd squad. Most likely another decision influenced by Raiden's deceit. Then the Central asked him for his opinion. Kuro was frozen by these words. This was a dangerous situation. He knew the truth of this matter in question, but he had no proof. And throwing out such unfounded accusations would only be seen by these men, and any other citizens of the Seireitei for that matter, as Kuro's denial to accept the dark actions of his squad member. But if he tried to play the part of a man ignorant to the facts and only following the nobles' orders and assumptions he would likely be ordered to seek out and kill Tatsuya. He took a deep breath and decided to just be himself and speak the truth without accusing anybody. They wanted his opinion? Then he'd oblige.

"Sirs! In the time that he served with the second division before these events, I have found Tatsuya Okibi to be a man of utmost integrity and loyalty to the Gotei 13 and the second division itself. He displays a fine demonstration of moral fiber and I do not believe him to be guilty of whatever serious crimes he is accused of. I feel-" Kuro cut off at this point, stopping himself before he got off track and possibly aroused the Central 46's annoyance for deviating from the topic he'd been questioned on. "That is all."

Kuro stood quiet again. If this was indeed a mental game, he'd have to do his best to play by their rules. If he failed, dangerous outcomes could emerge from this meeting.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:04 am

There was no hiding the sarcastic laughter as Kuro finished. The captains words weren't meant to amuse anyone and yet they were greeted with laughter from the unseen crowd.
"Loyalty and integrity?" the voice cackled a new voice slightly higher pitched and nasal. "Are you sure we're talking about the same person?" the new voice questioned there were mutterings of agreement as it spoke. "Does a man of integrity run from the authorities?" The muttering grew louder now. "Tell me Captain more of his noble and honorable man." the voice was not thick with venom. "Why did this paramout of virtue then compound his crime in attacking a young noble who happened to be in the Human realm?" This statement was met with many gasps from those around the chamber. The man threw a scroll down to floor where the captain stood.
"We have here the tesitmony of a young noble that your precious Tatsuya accosted without any provocation." The scroll rolled into the edge of the lighted section of the floor at Kuro's feet. "Tsuneo a scion of the Shihōin clan was the victim of Tatsuya's integrity!" The man was shouting now as he spoke. "Go on! Read it! It tells as to how the man was brutally attacked and injured. It was only by luck that he escaped with his life." There was another chorus of gasps and whispers from the group.

"I'm sure Tatsuya is incapable of such things, but he had the young man in here, but an hour ago. We saw the marks upon his body for ourselves. We saw the scars, the arm that has yet to heal, the marks on his neck where a massive hand had tried to strangle the life from his body" The speaker spat. "Moral fiber indeed. That man is evil, and his death will be a boon to all of Soul Society!" he roared.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:25 am

Kuro patiently waited out their outbursts. He'd expected such responses. It was his job to return fire. Picking up the scroll, he glanced through it quickly to see if it contained anything useful. Noting the events and the one who had given the report, he quickly formed the next level of his argument. The voices of the 46 had paused for a moment, so Kuro took this opportunity to answer them.

"Even a man who is of the highest honor cannot be blamed for defending his life. And if Tatsuya is indeed innocent of these accusations, how can he be expected to try and prove that when everyone is so quick to blame him and make an attempt on his life? I know my squad member, and I know that he would not attack without provocation. I find it much easier to believe that, acting under the the orders of the Shihōin family, Tsuneo located and attacked Tatsuya. I would hardly expect him to paint his report in any way that could make Tatsuya look innocent, especially when considering the fact that the man Tatsuya is accused of murdering was his own grandfather! Such a report is bound to be full of bias, filled with the misguided loathing towards an individual suspected of killing his family member."

Kuro paused to catch his breath for a moment. He hoped he had managed to diffuse the current accusations just now. Now he decided that it was time for a maneuver to make them reconsider their hastiness in their judgment. "I would like to take this moment to ask of all of you gentlemen, why is it that we pursue Tatsuya Okibi as the suspect in this case? The answer is because of testimony from eye witnesses. But in reality, no witnesses were present during the time that the elder was murdered. The only truth in those testimonies is that the guards entered the room to find Tatsuya with the dead body of the elder. Nobody saw him commit any crime. And this reported testimony I hold in my hand," Kuro shook the scroll he had held in the palm of his hand for all present to see, "is the report of a biased individual who I respect and serve both him and his family, but cannot trust to think clearly and make an accurate report when considering his personal ties to the case."

Kuro paused again. "All of these accusations are built on testimony with no real proof. And I am sure that a wise assembly of people such as you men can see how foolhardy it would be to slander the name of an innocent man and order his death when no proof, let alone undeniable proof, is to be found. While this is a serious matter that must be investigated thoroughly, I disagree with the hasty decision to label a suspect as guilty with only testimony as proof and call for his death. It's my professional opinion that the search for Tatsuya Okibi be downgraded to an order for his capture so that a full investigation of the murder can be carried out in order to discover the proof needed to undeniably identify the murderer.

Kuro stopped speaking and waited for a response. If he was lucky, he might be influencing at least some of the members, which could cause the situation to devolve into debate and buy some more time.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 pm

The captains words worked the group into a frenzy. There we shouts and grunts of the hidden members as the denounced the accusations against Tatsuya. The rowdy group was dispelled by the original booming voice.
"Silence!" and then there was silence. The voice had brought peace to the room, but not for long if he let that silence stand. "Such passion you have Captain. You choose your words well, but they cannot defy the logic of our argument." There was a rustling of papers from behind the thick veil.
"What you're suggesting everyone is lying. All the witnesses are mistaken about his attacks. All the guard shinigami he and Junko Tenshi put into the intensive care unit are all making false accusations. This is all one big misunderstanding, isn't it?" there were chuckles from those around him, but he ignored them. "Your loyal man is left alone with the Elder and is killed and it has to be someone else. Rather than speak of his innocence; he runs. When the guards try to catch him; he fights and escapes to the human world. Yet all of this is just a misunderstanding! They're all lying everyone one of them."

The papers the were tossed into the air and came fluttering down like snowflakes to the chamber floor. The white sheets were filled with the reports and testimonies of those Tatsuya had fought when he made his daring escape from Soul Society.
"You speak of bias Captain, are you not guilty of the same?" There were grunts of agreement from those around him. "You speak so highly of this man from your squad despite all this evidence you see before you. From what I can see he wasn't in your division that long. Where does this blind devotion come from? Do you really wish to align yourself with this killer? Justice will prevail Captain. Now matter how kindly you speak of this man, his absence from Soul Society speaks volumes for his character." the voice boomed "Are we to trust your word above the forty or more people before you? Are they all biased as well, Captain?" the tone of his voice had changed only slightly when he spoke Kuro's title. The speaks was sure put emphasis on each syllable.

"But you did he's a loyal and honorable man, perhaps we can test that." there was another rustling of papers and a small exclamation as the speaker found what he was looking for. "Did you know that Tatsuya Okibi has a sister? I wonder how loyal he is to her. Would he come running if he were to hear see was in dire straights? The Maggot's nest perhaps?" The crowd muttered agreement. "Everyone has their weak point do they not, Captain. You of all people should know this. Those you care for become a target. They become a liability. An army doesn't need lovers and friends, only soldiers. It's best not to get too attached to anyone or they become fodder, right Captain?" Again with the strange enunciation, the man's words hung on the chamber. "But this matter is closed for the moment, we had another reason for calling you here. Kurotaka!" Instatnly a man stepped into the circle of light beside Kuro. The man wore a black uniform customary to the Onmitsukidō, but there were subtle differences. He wore no mask over his face, but he had what looked like a red scarf around his neck. There were dark metal guards on both of his forearms. Swiftly the man bowed to the unseen gathering, he made no sound as he moved.
"We have two missions of great importance, but wish to keep the matters quiet. As such the stealth forces are required and skills will be needed. Kurotaka is one of our special enforcers, one of our fine personal guards." It seemed the man bowed lower at the mention of his own name. "He will be sent on a rather dangerous assignment, but thought it best to give him him some back up. We thought you might recommend someone from your squad. We hear good things of about Mika Nishino. Do you think she would make an adequate partner?"
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:01 am

Kuro listened to the results of his argument thus far. He was pleased until the one voice settled all commotion with a single word. That one was being very steadfast in his position here. It was unlikely that anything Kuro said would sway him. Kuro stood silent as the voice replied to his words with a fair rebuttal. It was true, Kuro's opinion was just as biased in this matter. But that had worked out for him. His bias of trusting his squad members had let him calm down when all assumed that Tatsuya was the murderer. Because of that, he had avoided the mistake of killing an innocent person. Now he was growing tired of the repeated accusations that didn't seem to take his argument to heart, in spite of the earlier comment that Kuro chose his words well. This voice was probably dismissing everything Kuro said without even a second thought. This was why Kuro didn't like politics. He wasn't given another pause to speak for quite some time, most of the questions voiced by the man's argument being rhetorical in nature. He waited for his turn, listening to every word the man said. He especially wasn't fond of the tone the man kept using when saying his title. Kuro wasn't one to flaunt his status, but he didn't like being taunted with blatant disrespect.

Kuro's mouth ran dry as the subject switched to a different angle of the case. He had been unaware that Tatsuya had a sister. He wondered if even Tatsuya himself knew of her. Regardless, it was distasteful what it sounded like they were considering. Did they really intend to use someone close to Tatsuya to set a trap for him? Before Kuro could begin to object, the subject was switched again as they moved to their "real" reason for calling him here. He was surprised by the sudden appearance of this onmitsukido member, but didn't show it. He couldn't afford to lose face right now. But such an endeavor was made difficult as Mika's name was brought up. Something was up here. Instead of waiting for his recommendation, they had immediately picked out a squad member for him, and the one closest to him at that. And he didn't trust such high ranking members of the onmitsukido at the present because of the man who commanded them. This Kurotaka was suspicious. But Kuro couldn't just run from this. He had to try and word his way around it.

"It's true, Mika Nishino is a promising member of our division. I cannot, however, say that she would make an adequate partner on a "dangerous mission" without knowing more of the nature of said mission. I don't prefer to blindly send my soldiers into battle without knowing what it is I'm sending them into."

Kuro stopped here to hear the reply. He wasn't going to hand Mika over to the onmitsukido without a fight. He'd also have to find a way to learn more about Tatsuya's sister and what they intended to do. They had mentioned the maggot's nest, but that wasn't exactly a threatening prison. Even more importantly though, how did they expect to lure Tatsuya to her aid when he was in the living world?

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 am

"We did not ask for your permission, Captain." The voice said coldly "We merely asked for your recommendation. The mission itself is of great secrecy only those involved shall know of it." he retorted smoothly. "As it stands the dangers are great even for our loyal solider so we thought he should have some support."
"There have been reports of you spending much time with this Mika Nishino, we figured she was your most promising subordinate. As such she could be trusted to undertake this task." another voice chimed in. It was deeper as the first voice, but not as loud. "She must be learning much under your tutelage." There were snickers as he put emphasis on the last word. "Accidents do happen, but I'm sure she will be fine."

"So again we ask; is Mika Nishino an adequate in supporting on an important mission?" said the original speaker somewhat testily. "We haven't the time to entertain your curiosity on matters that don't concern you."
"Yes, tell us of Ms Nishino, what of her skills." Chimed in the deeper voice. Others joined in their inquiry. "Is she capable? Or have you been wasting your time in training her? If you have any confidence in her at all, there's no risk to her life now is there?" he finished. Shouts of aggrement rang through the chamber.
"He raises a good point, Captain." the original speaker said over the dull roar. "She is not a frail woman to survive the within the 2nd Division. Beside Kurotaka will have her back. He will treat her with the utmost care." Kurotaka bowed his head once again again and glanced sideways at the Captain. White hair peeked from beneath his black bandana. His dull blue green eyes locked onto Kuro and he blinked giving the faintest of grins. "All those in favor of sending Mika Nishino say; aye."
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:53 am

"I apologize if I came off as being nosy or disrespectful sirs." Kuro dipped his head quickly in order to further his appearance of sincerity as he spoke. His mind spun like crazy while doing so in a panic of what he should do. There was nothing further he could do to protect her. But as he struggled to come up with a plan, the taunting words of the men made him realize something. Mika didn't need his protection. He would place his trust in her to take care of herself and overcome whatever it was that they were planning. He didn't know how his next reply would play out. It might be playing into the 46's hands for all he knew, but he would rise to the challenge, he and his squad. He called out for them all to hear before they could begin to voice their votes.

"Mika Nishino is indeed capable of performing well on any type of mission that our squad specializes in. She excels at quick paced operations and stealth movement, as well as is skilled in the art of hand-to-hand combat. I have personally witnessed and assisted in her training of such skills and am proud to say that she is one of the most skilled of the second division at this time. Whatever your mission is, I am confident that she can assist in its completion with the skills to uphold the honor of our squad."

Kuro lowered his gaze at this moment away from the veils shielding the men above. Turning his head slightly to glance sideways at Kurotaka, he saw the smug grin thinly expressed on his face and replied with the lightest narrowing of his eyes as if to say he accepted whatever challenge it was that they were giving him.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:32 am

"With such a strong vote of confidence perhaps we should send the woman alone!" shouted a council member. It was met with hearty laughs. The laughter rang through the chamber and faded.
"Don't worry Captain, I will make it quick and painless." Kurotaka hissed form beneath his mask. The words he spoke were barely above a whisper. The statement was lost as the 46 began their votes.

"Aye" Rang out a voice.

"Her death will cleanse the air between the council and the nobles. At the same time it shall restore the prestige of the 2nd squad." he continued, his head still down.

"Aye"

"It's one of the basic laws is it not? An eye for eye, a tooth for a tooth."

"Aye"

He turned his head slightly to look at the captain. His eyes still dull

"This is for the greater good, Captain. The woman's life holds little value. But to you she's so much more. They know. Both the council and the Shihōin clan know of your relationship. Just as they knew your relationship with Tatsuya. He is the reason that she was chosen. This is punishment. Your punishment."

"Aye"

"The mission is important, but only a pretext for her execution. If they truly wanted to square things, they would have taken your life instead. But you're too valuable."

"Aye"

"So I repeat; I will make it quick and painless. She will not suffer, sir. I promise. I only ask that you do not hate me for what I must do. Again it is for the greater good."

"Aye"

"Aye"

"Aye"

"Aye"

"Aye"

He raised his head slightly and turned to face the captain with his dull gaze. "Do not hate me for doing my duty." he started to turn his head away then stopped. "There is a way out of this....." he didn't bother to turn to look at the captain.

"Aye"

"Aye"

"Aye"

"What if you took the mission on personally?" he said after the pause. "It's important enough to garner some favor with the council. A Captain personally working for the Central 46." he gave small shrug. "Such grunt work is below your station, but it takes great humility."

"Aye"

Last edited by Arawn on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 am

Kuro had to exercise every bit of self control at his disposal in order to not just attack Kurotaka in front of all of the council members while they carried out their vote. He reminded himself of his realization just moments before and calmed down, beginning to give low volume reply that was unheard by the 46 as their voices rang through the chamber.

"Eye for an eye...a basic rule indeed...of barbarians."

"Aye"

"Her life holds little value you say? Only a blind individual who adheres to a person's place of origin as the deciding factor in their worth would say such a thing, especially when referring to a promising shinigami like her."

"Aye"

"Aye"

"Aye"

"So I am to be punished for being close with a squad member before he was accused of murder and went on the run? I see the council and nobles are desperate for some sort of progress in any form."

"Aye"

"Aye"

"Aye"

"Aye"

"You intend to use her, then stab her in the back then? Fitting of the onmitsukidō."

"Aye"

"Aye"

Kuro said nothing else for a length of time. Only listening to the echoing sounds of the council's voices. He could do the mission? Such a move would likely raise a few eyebrows after what transpired here. For Kuro to speak so highly of Mika, then just offer to take her place? He didn't think that a decision like that would go as smoothly as Kurotaka suggested. And thinking further, it was too good of an offer to be without strings. Kurotaka had made it clear that this trap was to kill Mika as Kuro's punishment. Why offer him a way out? He decided he wasn't going to take the bait.

"I refuse. I stand by my earlier faith in Mika Nishino's abilities. Feel free to take her life...if you can."

Kuro didn't like his last words, but it was important to keep up a confident appearance. He turned his gaze away from Kurotaka and replaced it looking up towards the council.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 am

"The vote is at 28" The voice boomed. "And so the motion passes motion passes."
Those gathered clapped and there was a gong that sounded. The chamber returned to silence.
"You will leave immediately, Kurotaka." The man beside the captain bowed again and stood. "A Jigokuchō has been sent." he continued. "Mika Nishino will meet you at the gateway. I wish you good luck."
"As you wish my lord." The white haired man said aloud and gave a small nod to Kuro. He walked out of the bright circle and simply vanished as if he never was. The door to the chamber never opened, one could wonder how the man got out. Being of the stealth forces it wasn't too surprising that he was capable of such a feat.

"As for you captain, we do have one more matter for you to attend to." the nasal voice spoke. "Tsuneo Shihōin will needs to return to his estate. I would think you could be courteous as to escort him. After all the young man risked further injury in his present state to testify against Tatsuya Okibi." There were murmurs of agreement. "We wish to extend as much good will as possible to the Shihōin house after their recent loss. They are still mourning the death of their elder. It would be a tragedy that would anything befall the courageous man." More murmurs of agreement.
"Very well." said the voice. "Consider it a priority that you escort young master Tsuneo safely to the Shihōin home." More clapping as the doors to the chamber opened allowing a very low light to filter into the room. Still not enough light to illuminate the entire chamber.
Outside the door stood Tsuneo with a broad smile across his face. He wore bandages over his face and a cast on his arm. To either side of the noble stood armored soilders. Their faces blank as a stone mountain.
"Hello, Captain." He said with a slight nod "Shall we get going?"
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 am

Kuro bowed in response to his final instructions from the council. "I thank you all for your good will on behalf of the family me and my squad serve. I shall take my leave now."

Kuro stood straight as the door opened and light shone inside. It was slightly blinding, the dim nature that had permeated the chamber forcing Kuro to have to readjust to the brighter light outside. He walked out the door, which was closed behind him. He bowed in respect to Tsuneo, afterwards giving only slight nods to his bodyguards. The moment was tense and Kuro did not want to extend it longer than necessary. The smile Tsuneo had been wearing as Kuro came out of the chamber was something that Kuro did not appreciate. It also didn't seem like the kind of behavior a wounded man in mourning should be demonstrating. Kuro directed the guards to take position behind Tsuneo, then said nothing further as he took the lead spot in their procession and began to walk at a leisurely pace that the wounded man could be comfortable with. The sun was getting even lower by now, almost fully beneath the horizon. As its light gradually faded, the sounds of night could be heard coming alive as the four made their way towards the Shihoin estate. Kuro wondered as they walked what the council's reason could be for asking him to do this when Tsuneo already had his guards. Their explanation of good will didn't seem like a good enough or real enough reason to him. And in addition to his uneasiness about his current situation, this was preventing him from getting back to the squad 2 grounds so that he could inform Mika of the turn of events. He had to warn her before she got called on the council's mission.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:03 am

The trip toe the estate was a quiet one. The noble only walked for all of forty feet it took for him to reach his carriage. This carriage consisted of a thick flat platform with parallel poles running beneath it. Tsuneo sat upon what looked like a regal throne. The chair looked like it was carved from a large chunk of gold. Intricate designs were carved into the piece runes and odd symbols. He sat upon fluffy red pillows, no doubt made of the finest of materials. Only the best would do. The side bore the emblem of his mot honored house and clan. Twelve men took up positions along the pole and lifted him aloft. All of these me were in exceptional shape. It was possible they could pick up something five times the weight of the platform with ease. They allowed the captain to take the lead. The two soldiers Kuro had seen were, but two of the twenty that had come to accompany the young noble on his trip. With a wave of Tsuneo's hand the began their trek.

It was a slow and leisurely pace at that. At times they stopped Tsuneo claimed to allow the carriers time to rest. Other times was to wave as passing girls that caught his fancy. In no way did he seem in a rush to get back home. Not a word did he speak to Kuro if he ever caught the man's eye he would smile and give a small wave. Only a sliver of the sun was left on the horizon when they finally neared the great home of the Shihōin clan. The soldiers rushed to the front of the procession. They stood at attention lining in two lines to the right and left of the portal. The carriage slolwy came to a stop at the front gate. As he disembarked from the vessel Tsuneo motioned for the Captain.
"Thank you captain for seeing me home. It has been quite an exhausting day so I shall now retire." With that he moved towards the gate which opened as if by magic at his approach. "She's already gone dear captain. The moment you left she was sent to the gate." Tsuneo said without turning around. "Good night Captain, sleep well." The noble moved through the gate the soldiers following behind him.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 am

Kuro was displeased with the pace that their group paraded at. It would have been much faster for Tsuneo to simply walk back with Kuro and the two guards he'd had back at the chamber. And the nobleman's continued antics still struck Kuro as not coming from a man wrapped up in the loss of a relative. In actuality, he was a bit disgusted by the fact that he'd used that as a means to gain sympathy when it was obviously not true. The whole thing felt like an insult to the elder's memory.

When the procession finally reached the estate and Tsuneo made his exit, his words made Kuro's heart drop like a stone. The gate closed in Kuro's bewildered face as he tried to recover from the shocking news. They were serious with this matter. That was obvious from the fact that they had sent her out the moment that the hearing with the council was done. As if in denial, Kuro set off for the squad barracks as fast as he was able. It was a decent distance from the Shihoin estate, but Kuro didn't let up in his speed until he saw the door of Mika's room. Sliding it open, he stepped inside to find nobody inside. A note was on the table at the side of the room. with Kuro's name on it. He picked it up and read the contents, 'Kuro, I've been called out on a mission. Can't say any more than that. I don't think it should be too dangerous, so hopefully I'll be back soon. Love, Mika.'

Kuro folded up the note and placed it in his pocket. Exiting the room, he stared up at the moon now rising into the sky. Mika was on her own in this effort. All he could do was what he'd told Kurotaka he'd do; he had to believe in Mika to make it through this alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Executive orders (Kuro)   [CB] Executive orders (Kuro) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CB] Executive orders (Kuro)
Page 1 of 1