The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ezrachek Rayone

Ezrachek Rayone

Male
Number of Posts : 485
Job/Interests : Partner at Machinima
Quote : Show her that you're not that shy! (Fancy Footwork - Chromeo)
Registration Date : 2012-01-13

A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?) Empty
PostSubject: A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)   A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Well, I am wanting to make a site-wide thread, with Shini, SuperHumans, Hollow, Quincy, Everyone! I want it to be a huge battle taking place in Karakura Town. Now here is the problem. Not everyone has to join, obviously i dont have that kind of power to force people to join the thread, however it would be AWESOME if I could get as many people on this thread as possible. That being said, I don't want people to join if all they are going to do is make a single post and then leave, or the equivalent to the lack of interest in the thread. If you do join and you DO feel like leaving, make a relevant post about your character, and please make it interesting, not just "Blah blah blah walked out." NO! That's not cool at all, and I will forever ridicule you for being a punk if you do this!.

Now, All this being said, I was told to post this here, to ask for any ideas or suggestions. I ESPECIALLY WANT THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ON THIS! I do have one question however, for everyone to post on.

This thread WILL effect the main story, obviously since it will practically destroy Karakura Town, and with permission, temporarily set it off limits from the lower level shinigami, and have it possibly over run by hollow, and then to add a twist to the already complicated jobs of Shinigami, with the corruption of Central 46, We will also have to fight against Hollow, Quincy, and Super Humans after the battle to regain control of the Town. All of this will take place AFTER the battle, and even then, it will be an all out war for the territory. That being said, I BEG you, please leave any comments, save Trolling, that you have on the idea of this thread, whether it be, opinions, Ideas, or suggestions.

Much Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/DuckyX94
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)   A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 pm

It's a grand idea for a monster thread with everyone taking part, but it's not without it's problems. For the most part I've come to know that when it's over 4 people in a thread things can get chaotic. Most times everyone ends up doing their own thing without working together. It's necessary for such a thread to have good direction, someone leading it. If not that at least a central goal everyone is working towards rather than a vague one. To pull it off you'll need someone playing the part(s) of the opposing force and guide the story to whatever conclusion the participating characters bring it to.

The second problem I foresee is linked to the first. With more people the time between post and posting order can be bothersome. Some people aren't on everyday and some people aren't on but every few days. Even when they do get on they might have a slight case of WB (writer's block) and not post at all. Might of had a bad day at work,school,home, etc and just came online to chill in the cbox or just lurk the forum. Can't force them to post til they're ready so others will have to wait til the mojo returns. In that time people might drift to other threads and eventually the story is forgotten.

I'm not saying it's impossible by any means. It's just that whatever your plans take the human element into consideration. Break up the story into sections; gather a group and put them through a thread. Make a second thread that's on the other side. Be the GM rather than a PC in the story. Commit yourself to forming the story as others play. Some people might just pop in and pop out if you can't keep them interested in the thread or keep the challenge level high/up.
Back to top Go down
Ezrachek Rayone

Ezrachek Rayone

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)   A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:01 pm

That last part actually sounds really interesting... but what is a GM? And I like that idea alot, only problem is that Idk where to start haha, I mean I want karakura town to go through massive destruction, and we can't have that until people are higher levels and we can intro more vizards and arrancar and espada and menos grande, and more captains... That being said, after its destroyed, which can be broken into different threads, I suppose by districts of the town perhaps, I Really think it would be cool to have like a territorial war for different areas of karakura town, in which each " faction" will be fighting to regain full control of the town... any ideas or help u can give to me is greatly accepted and greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)   A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 pm

GM is a D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) term meaning Game Master. In a sense you control all aspects of the story, NPCs, and environment. In an RP it's almost like constant Godmodding. I'm not telling you to godmod. In this case it's more a watered down version as you'll be doing fighting everyone's characters or setting up conflicts and stuff. Become the villains the heroes defeat. Trying to craft such a plan takes time, but done right you'll leave them wanting more.
Back to top Go down
Ezrachek Rayone

Ezrachek Rayone

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)   A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Haha ok sounds like a plan, i will take the time that it takes me to get to lvl 2 to design the outline of what will go down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)   A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Fateful Battle! (Ideas and Suggestions!?)
Page 1 of 1