The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EXP (Get in here Sal)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anashi

Anashi

Female
Number of Posts : 152
Job/Interests : Ministry of silly walks
Quote : "Life isn't fair, get over it."
Registration Date : 2011-12-18

EXP (Get in here Sal) Empty
PostSubject: EXP (Get in here Sal)   EXP (Get in here Sal) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 am

So apparently EXP doesn't roll over, odd because it isn't in the rules when I checked. This rule highly encourages people to do the bare minimum when they are near to ranking to the next level, and what of a person who doesn't know about this unspoken rule and ends up getting a 10/10? Or a 7/10 or any high score to a thread they put effort in. In reality they only get 4 out of that 7/10 for their efforts. The only reason I can think of for this rules existence is to make sure noone gets a head start, while this may be true in the earlier ranks it is certainly not once a person reaches/passes rank 3 where you're starting to see caps of 40/50, where an extra 6 or 7 doesn't really matter. Now tell me staff, is an extra 6 points out of 30 really worth butchering a persons thread value just so they start at the same pace as everyone else, even if the head start is so miniscule it wouldn't even matter in the long run?

I await your comments and retorts..
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: EXP (Get in here Sal)   EXP (Get in here Sal) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:46 am

I hear what you're saying. It does seem unfair, that better writers don't get a leg up as it were.

Unfortunately I was thinking of keeping everyone on an even footing. I wanted it to be as fair as possible, thus it doesn't roll over from rank up to rank up.

And I'm not an Admin any more, retired remember? Razz

So bug Marly or DM, if they want it changed then fair enough. I don't really have a say any more.

Back to top Go down
Anashi

Anashi

Female
Number of Posts : 152
Job/Interests : Ministry of silly walks
Quote : "Life isn't fair, get over it."
Registration Date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: EXP (Get in here Sal)   EXP (Get in here Sal) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:10 am

Like I said, the head start they would get would be so god damn miniscule it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme. It's not worth making somebody bitter. Not only that, but it's not even written in the rules so why is it being implied?! I talked to DM a couple days ago and he said you (Sal) were the one to inact, I imagine you still hold some sort of weight with your word. And I don't even think marly knows about it...Infact from what i've heard from the staff DM and you (Sal) are the only ones to know about it and enforce it.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: EXP (Get in here Sal)   EXP (Get in here Sal) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:59 am

Actually, all staff are aware to my knowledge at least. It wasn't in the rules because I forgot to include it, just a simple over sight on my part.

Also why are you getting your knickers in a twist over this? Your concerns are noted but there's no need to take it personally, no one else is.

I see the merit to keeping it fair for everyone so whatever weight you think my voice carries around here I wouldn't be using it to convince the staff to change this.

Like I said, have a word with DM or Marly about this. I couldn't change it even if I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: EXP (Get in here Sal)   EXP (Get in here Sal) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't know of any rules on rolling over. Hell I'm not even aware anyone actually ranked with the exp system yet. It's still new and of course things are going to be changed frequently with any new system. I'll see to your concerns once I figure out why everyone is on edge from me leaving for just two days... >.>
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXP (Get in here Sal)   EXP (Get in here Sal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXP (Get in here Sal)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: General Board :: Suggestions-
Jump to: