The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to be civil (Shikuro)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Trying to be civil (Shikuro) Empty
PostSubject: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:03 pm

"Why am I here?" Arawn asked himself aloud as he neared the gate to the 11th Division. It was rhetorical, he knew why, he just wanted to pleasure of questioning his present situation. He had made a promise to meet Yue Nakamora, a former classmate, for lunch. As for why he had made such a promise, he was unsure. Nevertheless, he had found the notation in his daily planner. At first, he had doubted it, but there was no mistaking his handwriting. It was all quite vexing, he was too afraid to just call Yue and ask her; instead, he resigned himself to the lunch date. The sun hung over head as the barracks cam into view. He had not planned where they would go for lunch; he had hoped that she had some place in mind. Most days Arawn was fine with a meal prepared within the 12 Squad's kitchen. They didn't have a real kitchen, it was a laboratory used to cook. Flasks, vials, burners were used in a way to make normal food as well as several unnatural ones. Although the looks from such concoctions were strange to say the least, they were quite tasty. Arawn seriously doubted that he should take her there to eat. With a sigh, he stopped before the massive doors. He shook his head as he tried to wonder why he was even doing this for some flimsy reason.

As he came to a stop at the doors, the guards gave him a strange look. That was something that Arawn had come to expect. Like everyone else in the 13 Gotei, he had on the normal black shinigami uniform; but he wore the customary white lab coat that many of the squad also wore. It almost looked like a captain’s haroi from the distance. Still the reason for the stare was due to the rumors that came with the scientist’s mantle. Arawn had long since ignored these stares, as he knew that the stories told had nothing to do with him. The main reason he wore it was not to show his pride of his division, but for the many pockets, the coat had. Shinigami clothes while comfortable lacked room to carry things. A sudden thought came to Arawn and he reached into the right pocket of the coat. His hand came out with a pad and pen. With one hand, he opened the pad and removed the cap on the pen. Once in hand he wrote out on the paper “Make a belt or pouch for when on patrol”. Closing the pen, he dropped it and the pad back into the pocket. The guards were still staring at him and Arawn finally looked up at them.
“I’m here to see Yue Nakamora.” He said evenly and both the men nodded as if that statement explained his being there.
“Head straight and take the second left, then the last right.” One man said as the doors swung open. Arawn stepped through. The 11th squad grounds were bustling with activity. More stares as he moved past the various groups practicing, cleaning, or standing around and talking.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male
Number of Posts : 586
Quote : In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice
Registration Date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:40 pm

A yawn slips Shikuro's lips as the hours had passed by during the day ofcourse he had been up way to early. Like he did most of these days he couldn't sleep. Why he was uncertain off. But point was he was rather tired these days, maybe it was just worries for his furure as a shinigami that kept him up. Well it was nothing to complain so much about he had felt worse and others had it worse even today. So he's troubles was small. Though sitting in his office just thinking about it all day wouldn't do him much good, so he thought he'd take a walk around the barraks.

So he did slowly getting up on his feet closing the book he was working in and picking up his usual stuff before walking out of his room. He put on his casual smile and greeted the squad members as he went by them keeping a friendlty facade up before them to keep his weakness hidden from them. Though his eyes quickly caught onto something that seemed rather misplaced.
which led him into changing dirrections to approach this stranger.
"Long time no see... didn't think I'd see you around here anymore?" He said in a vwey friendly and teasing manner of a small joke. "Well how are you doing?"
He looked at him, raising an eyebrow while waiting.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm

"I'm doing well enough I supposed." Arawn answered the greeting. It would be a lie to say the recognized the man, but as always his memory was horrible. The face set the gears in motion ever so slowly. Still he would have to buy himself more time before embarrassing himself. "I try to keep myself busy when I can. " He said with a slight shrug. He didn't know else to say. How could he hold a conversation with someone he didn't remember? The air about the man was one of a authority. From the corner of his eye Arawn could see that the number of stares had doubled since the man's approach. Other than the captain only getting such attention was rare. This man was not the captain. He had the pleasure of meeting that young woman captain of the 11th squad. Ironically while he remembered what she looked like, her name was lost to him. The other men in the squad glanced at their direction and quickly looked away. They was no mistaking the speaker's position, it was a gamble, but he would had to try to keep the conversation going.
"So how is the life of a Vice-Captain?" he asked as he flinched mentally. If he was wrong he had just put a considerable amount of egg on his face. No sooner had the words left his lips that he got a mental flash. He saw the man and himself squaring off. Were they fighting over something. Something had happened between them. If they were enemies he wouldn't have given such a warm and friendly greeting. Trying to remember someone he had fought and was possibly a seated. He'd faced many people, who to know which one this had been. Still there was the tickle in the back of his mind as he tried to pry open the memory vault of his mind.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 am

Shikuro nodded though it would seem this man was thinking alot about something what didn't matter to him he would let him think all he wants. It doesn't matter much to him.
"Life's been tough... to say the least but I manage"
He smiles confident, not that he himself had a good memory but one thing he could was remember every battle he had held willingly, it would be a disgrace to forget your opponent if not your downfall should you face him again. Weather you won or lost it didn't matter any info you can keep for your next battle is important.
"I never really got to talk to you afterwards... and I want to say I'm not exactly proud of what I did..."
His voice lowered so that the noisy people around them couldn't hear him.
"Though that's why I don't train with people within the barracks so that I could lave myself weakened for the spar to be best... alas I'm sorry for the pain I brought your Zanpakuto I hope its recovered fully"
His face had saddened while talking speaking truthfully, though as he's done he smiles rubing the back of his head speaking up again.
"So what brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:22 am

My zanpukto recovered? Arawn tried this best to hide the puzzled look that accompanied the thought. The man's words didn't make sense. It had been many months ago that Arawn had acquired his zanpukto. At no time had the weapon received any sort of serious injury. Not a single chip or scratch marred the silver blade's surface. Silently he wondered what effects breaking the blade would have on the unruly spirit. Even as he began to chuckled at the idea, the memory vault he had been trying to unlock flung open wide. Now he remembered this man; Shikuro Nara. This was not their first meeting.

The first time had been a mission to earth when Arawn was a novice shinigami. The strange occurrence of that night was refreshed by this chance meeting. But that memory was gently pushed aside by their second meeting. Arawn had wished to further his fighting skills and sought out a teacher. Shikuro had answered that call. Despite knowledge of the man's power after witnessing it first hand Arawn had taken it upon himself to test the warrior. A battle unfolded; suffice it to say Arawn lost. And yet he had deemed Shikuro unfit to teach him. Perhaps it was arrogance on his part in making such judgement, but the climax of their scuffle had been the shattering of his sword. At that time Arawn did not have a true zanpukto, apparently Shikuro didn't know that and felt guilty for the whole incident.
"There's nothing to apologize for."It would probably best that he explain as much to the man. With his left hand he unhooked his sheath from his belt and held it horizontal on his open palms before the Vice captain. "When we met long ago I held only an asauchi, given to me from the Academy. This is my true weapon." He rolled the object in his hands letting the man see smoothness of the black metal sheath. The golden tsuba of the zankupto shone slightly in the sunlight as it shifted in his hands. Figured he had shown the man enough he attached the weapon back to his hip.
"A-chan!!!" came a shrill shout. Arawn's head turned at the recognition of the odd nickname he had been given. Thankfully only one person called him that, unfortunately she was so loud with it. The spiky red haired girl came bouncing into view. A smile so broad you'd think it would break her face. She waved her hand so vigorously as if she was trying to shake the skin off of it. Having stopped to chat Yue Nakamora had found him instead. Apparently she had been training. Evidence of that was the rock 3 times the size of the petite woman strapped to her back. On each foot was an iron chain connected to a very solid looking ball of similar make. Arawn sighed. During the Academy she had such monstrous strength, it seemed nothing had changed.
"As for what I'm doing here; that's the reason." he sad pointing at the approaching young woman.

Last edited by Arawn on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:00 am

Shikuro raised an eyebrow, this man looke dpuzzled not really sure what was wrong he thought it best not to ask he was a scientist after all, and would mostly likely outsmart him on logical topics, and it might just be a curious thought of developement that had appeared to him as they where talking. Didn't matter really he would just have to wait for the answer, his eyes lit up slightly as he saw the Zanpakuto surely not of the same like last time, he smiled grinnin gently.
"Well thats good.... it would only have been my 3rd Zan to have broken but hey one less is fine by me"
He chuckled not really having a sense of guilt over it cause the Zan would naturally recover, though hurt he cared for his Zan and understood it therefor his bond was stronger than most's Shinigamies and their Zanpakuto's

His eyes flung down the hall these sounds weren't exactly unusual but still it werenøt something you saw everyday.
"Her?"
He pointed down on the girl moving towards them, unsure how these people knew eachother being somewhat dirrect oppostes of eachother.
"Well thats surely interesting... "
Hew rubbed the back of his head not eally sure what to say or think about it all, it seemed rather stranger but alas things like this do happen.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 am

Despite the heavy load she carried the young woman ran up to them in a rather normal fashion. She wasn't sweating and her breathing wasn't heavy in the lightest. It was truly an amazing sight to behold. Still the smiling face was was made it all alarming. It was almost if she thought nothing of the large rock and the leg irons, and that it was just huge game. Arawn could only imagine what the others in her squad thought of such a display.
"I was hoping it was you A-chan." she beamed "I was halfway laps when I heard someone from the 12th was here." For some reason she was hopping up and down excitedly. The metal balls swung about dangerously with this motion. Arawn took a half step back even if the sphere didn't come near him. There was a low thud as the irons landed once again. The almost childlike innocence was frightening.
"Well, I came for lunch as promised." Arawn was sure to stress the last part of the statement, but it looked like Yue didn't notice.
"That's great, I was getting kinda hungry too." she squealed and clapped her hands excitedly. It seemed she was looking forward to the meal. "So, who's your friend?" Yue asked as she turned to look at Shikuro.
Arawn's jaw dropped open. He stared at the woman for several moments and blinked rapidly. He looked at Shikuro questioningly. This man was the Vice captain right? He had even said so himself, the stares from the other shinigami weren't fake either. How was it possible that Yue was in the squad, but didn't recognize this man? It was true she could be dense at times, but this was a whole new level. Was Arawn one to talk? He too had forgotten the man, but that was different. For one thing they were in different divisions, the chances of their meeting was rather low. The second thing was Arawn regularly met up with a variety of people. Remembering everyone would be nearly impossible. He couldn't quite wrap his brain around the situation.

Last edited by Arawn on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:21 am

Shikuro sighed very deeply not entirely sure what to say, his eyes more onto the damage caused by this rukus than the person causing it, his face got more and more frustrated by each hit against the floor walls and everything. He took a deep breath trying o calm himself down, not being captain here but still responseble for the people here and what was going on. Though when she then didn't recognize him it ticked him off, alot. one thing was to cause touble another was to forget authority espacially when its the aurthority having the most controll over you.
"Yue was it...?"
He took a deep breath, his eyes going over the damage caused once more.
"I know we don't have an exact rule for it or anything like that matter but... When you're doing enviromental changing training you do it... OUTSIDE!!"
His shout in the last word could proberly be heard all the way through the barracks maybe a select few outside of it, main point was it was loud.

He then adjusted his clothes and calmed down, taking a deep breath. Not loosing his cool, though now he had to make sure this palce looked nice again and he didn't really want to do that.
"Shikuro Nara... your vice captain..."
He looked at her still with a slight angry look in his eyes weather it was the damage or the part that she couldn't remember him that hit him worst wasn't really something you could tell proberly the later though.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 am

Yue cocked her head to the side and stared at Shikuro blankly.
"But I was outside." she said flatly without a hint of sarcasm. Arawn's mouth opened wider and then clicked shut. It was best for he keep out of the matter.
"Just because you're the Lieutenant doesn't mean you have to shout like that." she said as she puffed her cheeks and put her arms over her chest in defiance. It was obvious she didn't like to be yelled at. Arawn shared that sentiment as his ears still rung from the monstrous shout he had just given. "If you're going to be such a meanie I think we should elect a new Vice Captain." Arawn groaned and slapped his own face in disbelief; that wasn't how things work. Yue's eyes widened. At that time he could swear he saw the light bulb flare over her head.
"A-chan! You should be the new Vice Captain!" Once again Arawn was left speechless. He looked at Shikuro for support, but deiced it best to try and smooth things over with the young girl quickly. "You're nice and not loud.
"Yue, I can't become the Vice Captain." looked for words to get himself out this strange situation "I'm not from this squad." he said quickly.
"Awwwww." She pouted. At least she bought his excuse. "Well in that case I'll have run for Vice Captain instead!"
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:09 am

Shikuro took a deep breath calming down this girl was insane, to be thinking this could just go without a hint of punishment, one couldn't just decide who one wanted to be vice captain and this might be one of the only ones within the squad that didn't trust him. Shikuro was a nice guy many would say to nice for the squad but nice enough to be its vice captain you just don't mess with him, there was reasons for him being vice captain afterall, it wasn't like it was a selfproclaimed title or won by a fight it was one persons choice.
"Watch your words..."
His voice was cold serious it wasn't so much that he was hit by the fact that she wanted a new vice captain it was the fact that by saying that she doubted Kaiyo's word.
"Do you question Captain Saiyouko... can you really be so plain as to question the decision of your own captain..."
He took another deep breath he wasn't going to yell or do anything, the shout was to make himself perfectly clear.
"You have no idea what its like to be a vice captain... yes you where outside but those things have trashed the hallways you just ran down of, thats not alright, I will stand as Vice Captain untill Captain Saiyouko says otherwise... Should you really beleive that to be wrong then you should proberly proove it."
He looke ddead serious angry but again mostly towars the offence towars his beloved captain, this couldn't be right someone can't just spout around as they like about something like this. It was a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:28 am

"I'm not questioning the captain, I just think you're a meanie!" she said sticking her tongue out at Shikuro. Arawn tried is best not to chuckle. He'd read about such things in books. A superior officer may be respected, but it didn't mean they were liked. In this case Yue simply didn't like the man as her commanding officer. Apparently shouting was all it took. What made it strange was that this was the first time her meeting the man. Perhaps she had met him before and failed to grasp the significance of said meeting. Arawn could only guess what circumstances may have occurred to have these two people never to meet and really connect until this point.
"Maybe if I ask the captain nicely, I can become Lieutenant instead." the young woman continued. Again Arawn was doubtful that Yue understood how one got that position. Honestly he didn't know the full story how one got such a promotion, but he figured the captain has a say, and it wasn't given simply because someone asked for it. With responsibilities second only to captain Arawn wondered if Yue could handle such things. She was still ranting and Arawn had a feeling that things would get only worse and more rocking between the two. Thinking quickly Arawn moved towards the young girl and placed his hand over her mouth. For a second she didn't notice that her words were suddenly muffled by the man's hand. Her eyes widened as she began to scream even more. Arawn knew for a fact the tactic wouldn't last long. If the young girl exerted herself she was more than capable of pushing not only the hand away, but the Arawn with it.

"If you stand here and argue we won't have time to eat." He spoke softly and the muffled protests ended. "If you don't hurry you won't get any dessert either." Her eyes widened again for a second time and she turned about and dashed. She moved very swiftly with the addition weight, in seconds she was gone from sight. Once gone Arawn let out a very audible sigh and shook his head.
"I'm truly sorry about that, she's always been...." In vain he tried to think of a colorful word to better describe the young girl's behavior. "weird" he said with a shrug. "It's always been like dealing with a kid, she'll say what's on her mind. Even when she shouldn't." Arawn bowed low to the Vice captain. "It may not seem like much, but I'll have a stern talk with her. I'll make sure she apologizes." She wasn't one to listen to authority well, but if her friends had more sway over her actions. "I only ask you take all she said with a grain of salt."

Last edited by Arawn on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: Spelling/Grammar. Late night posting makes for many errors.)
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:07 am

Shikuro took another deep breath to keep himself calm, seeing as his whole position was made into one you just asked fr, like hell it was that easy you earn something like that earn it through loyalty, power, abbility and in the end a good amount of relationship aswell ofcourse. A captain will never pick a person they hate to be their Vice Captain. the Vice Captain is about the only person a captain can truely rely all their troubles on, its like picking a spouce without all the love involved and ofcourse not nearly as close. Point just simply is it gotta be someone you in some way like to be around, or else it would never work.
"Watch your words closely... I've doe nothing but made what rules are clear to you, and for that I hold no reason to listen to these words..."
He held himself calm luckily she didn't hit the real hurtfull places she could proberly keep ranting for this tll the end and still not find the spots that could knock him off guard her line of thinking wasn't there aparently not for that.

He watched as Arawn handled it, ofcourse what she had been saying did make him somewhat angry but after all, it couldn't be helped anyone was allowed to make their own oppinions about their superiors, but untill changed you'll just have to live by it.
"It's fine really... I can handle it, its no worries..."
He looked down to the floor for a moment then back up and over on Arawn.
"But Arawn... thank you, but she doesn't need t appoligize she's allowed her own thoughts, and her own way of thinking about things"
He smiled gently, shaking his head lightly he could still remember back when he was merely and academy student and he insulted Kaiyo herself, in her fighting mind you, if anyone knew that they would question how he had become Vice Captain of her squad of all the ones out there, of the one he insulteds squad was not ideal, but that little insult was the start of their bond.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:28 am

It would seem he had defused the situation some what. He would indeed need to talk with Yue. Chances were Shikuro wouldn't think too kindly of her after this meeting. Once again Arawn wondered who the vice captain in his own squad was. He had yet to meet anyone seated other than the Captain. People rarely mentioned rank in the 12th squad. Maybe they didn't take it as seriously as other squadrons. Not that he minded. He could only imagine the trouble those of squad 11 gave Shikuro. Yue alone was handful, so with all the other rowdy people he could only guess Shikuro was never without problems.
"It's good that they are allowed their own thoughts." Arawn spoke. "I'd hate to people blindly follow the chain of command. There are no perfect soldiers they're beings with a will. They're not machines." The statement made Arawn snicker. He was in the process of building just that; a battle machine. Rover was to be a way to fight hollows without risking shinigami lives. Something to completely follow orders and to be controlled by the user. Free will was both a bane and boon to a warrior. A robot and a man may take assessment of a situation, run the number, figure the chances. In the end both might take the more choice with the greater chance of success. But there is those time when a man will take a risk and gamble it all on a slim possibility of being successful. Sometimes they will win, sometimes they will lose. "A good solider knows when to not follow orders I say." if they could think, they could learn and grow. "She's got spirit and energy to spare, I'm sure you'll help her focus them constructively. " At least he hoped so, left unchecked the girl would probably become as much a danger to her squadmates as to herself. No on purpose mind you, but an innocence and recklessness that caused troubles for anyone around her.
Back to top Go down
Shikuro

Shikuro

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Shikuro sighed softly rubbing his shoulders and then looking over at arawn. "Well I suppose..." he didn't like the situation though he encouraged free spirit and will to do whatever they see fit within boundries and so was he raised in the squad under his captain so who was he to change that. "I would never consider a comrade a machine..." he took a deep breath taking everything to account though it was not much he still did so. " will help anyway I can should the oppotunity appear... don't worry this haven't change anything" He could feel his worry she was his friend after all maybe a bit close having a feel liek they could be siblings taking care of eachother but he wanted to make sure he could be at ease. Shikuro weren't the man to put his personal feelings into the way of leading though maybe he did unintentionally mostly when he'd hold those dearest closer but this little encounter didn't put her on his bad side, only mildly annoyed. "Well I should get on with the daily life and you with yours... I have a feeling we will be seeing eachother again" He smiled softly before starting to walk away eventually leaving the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to be civil (Shikuro)   Trying to be civil (Shikuro) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to be civil (Shikuro)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Soul Society :: Squad Headquarters :: Squad 11-
Jump to: