The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spirited encounter (Blade)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Spirited encounter (Blade) Empty
PostSubject: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 pm

OOC: For this thread I shall be taking part as a spirit user mirroring Blade's stats name Xavier Cross. This is a experiment of sorts. Please enjoy the show.

A temple in Tibet

The ritual had been completed and Blade Heartright lay in the middle of the mystical circle painted onto the floor. The man had come here seeing enlightenment, but had failed in every way with the simple instruction. Xavier had spent many a night trying to figure a way for the young man to understand the ancient Onmyōdō teachings. In the end nothing worked. It wasn't until late one night in his study that he chanced upon a possible solution. A spirit stealing spell. The man named blade sought more spirits to empower him. Xavier felt he needed to further his abilities with the spirits he already possessed. If he used the spell, he could rob Blade of his spirits. It would prove to be a powerful lesson if the boy was not too thick headed to learn it. The room they were in was in fact part of a cave. The walls and floor was smooth and level, but they were all carved out of stone. It had taken years to create the strange place. They were deep under the temple a secret place where souls of the dead, ghosts, and demons often gathered. Onmyōdō would come to further their skills, or bind such creatures to to contract. The fifty foot room was now shielded from such foul creatures, but a variety of spirits were around. All of them willing to assist in the Blade's lesson.
"Blade, the process is complete." Xavier spoke "I have now transferred those spirits you once held to myself. "Use any of these spirits here and we will truly test your skills."
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male
Number of Posts : 12
Registration Date : 2011-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:56 pm

"Xavier, you will not defeat, me with my old three spirits, I now I have endless amounts of them". Blade stepped up to his challenge, his scarf glowed and shards detached from it and circled around him, "I summon you, Passion", The spirit shot out of a mini volcano and spoke, "Blade use my power wisely", "I will", Blade had replied to him, "I don't think you understand Xavier", Blade yelled at Xavier.

Blade stood with his hands crossed and shot Xavier a deadly glare.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:27 pm

The bald man shook his head. He had came to this temple and become a man of peace and tranquility, but that didn't mean he didn't know how to fight. The young man thought too much of himself. But Xavier knew he too was once like that. Thirsting for power he saw it the only road to greatness. Now he knew better, and now he must teach the man the same lesson. He gave a sigh and summoned his own spirit; the one called Tenacity. The samurai warrior appeared instantly before Xavier and looked at his former master.
"This should be interesting." he said and looked to Xavier. "I won't hold back my blade. I shall give my all."
"I would expect nothing less." Xavier said as he smiled his mind joining with the spirit's. "Show him your true skill"
The samurai nodded and took up his stance in front of the monk. His left hand held his sheath while his right grasped the handle of his katana.
Moonbeams slice through the night air There was only a flicker of movement from his right hand and a horizontal wave of energy flew at Blade. This was the master warrior's skillful technique of Iado which he had perfected in life. Now as a spirit his energy flung out a blade of air to slash his foe form a distance. Southern cross This time the energy wave took the shape of a large "X" In a single movement he had fired one wave diagonal and a second the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Blade saw the approaching slashes, "Hide me", Blade said, "Okay Blade", Passion replied, Passion smacked the ground with his feet causing a smokescreen of fire and ash, Spirit cultivation, Passion quickly went into Blade and Possessed him, Thin sheets of fire now coated his body, Blade then put his palm on the ground and melted it, Blade had already gone under Xavier and his spirit, Spirit Release, Passion had gone out of his body, "Do that technique", Blade said to passion, "Understood", Passion then created a huge mountain like flame that turned the upper ground into ashes, "Did we get them", Blade had asked Passion.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Xavier had already moved. The smokescreen had hid nothing fro the monk. He could already detect the other man's maneuver. Dismissing the spirit he moved easily out of the way. The ground where he had once been now exploded into flames.
"While going underground is clever, it's unwise to take your eyes off the enemy. Tenacity." The flames already dying. The samurai appeared once more. A spell to shatter diamond This time the warrior's motions were more visible. He swung his blade downward releasing the energy in a large lump into the ground. The earth exploded collapsing Blade's underground tunnel and him in it. "Our match is far from over. Please hurry and dig yourself out." Xavier commented calmly.
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Blade thought he had hit him until, he heard the monks voice, "Spirit Cultivation Passion", the rocks quickly melted off of him when they had come down turning to ash, the rocks slowly one by one came off of him, and he eventually saw the monk as the last few had melted above his head, "Spirit Release", Passion had dissapered and had turned into a ruby ring, " I have another supprise for you, spirit summon, Bitterness", a icy coffin had appeared from the ground and had dissapered immediatly as it slid open, a man had stepped on the ground, his breath, coming out white and foggy, and causing the ground to freeze, "Blade, really I was just taking a nap", the man said sleepily, "Dude it's like 1 O' clock in the afternoon, heres your wakeup call".
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Xavier didn't blink as Blade summoned his second spirit. The freezing ground caught the monk's feet. He telepathically signaled to Tenacity. A spell to shatter diamonds Again the downward swing the shockwave broke the frozen ground and freed the man's feet.
"Interesting choice." he said rubbing his chin and then nodded once more to the waiting samurai. The spirit body glowed brightly as energy flooded into him.
Tsunami His hand disappeared as he swung his blade repeatedly. The only sound made was the sharp hiss as the weapon sliced through the air. Wave after wave of energy blades flew forward at a machine-gun pace. As the name implied it was like a tidal wave. The vertical cuts raced through the ground tearing up the icy earth as they went.
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Blade stood there doing nothing the blades kept breaking the ice as it was spreading, "It's no use, use another spirit", the ice spread at a faster rate and began to freeze Tenacity everywhere. "It's futile".

"Bitterness, go ahead and have at it".
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 pm

"I guess I should at least use a second spirit already." Xavier commented. He dismissed the spirit and tapped the ice that remained. The ice statue shattered. Tenacity appeared in front of him once more. Xavier knew there were alot of spirits, but didn't know what the recent one could do. Whatever it's power Blade was overconfident in it's ability. "Let's test your theory."
Northern Cross Two new slashes of energy fired forth. A cross much like it's name; a horizontal and a vertical blade fused into one attack. Tenacity jumped in the air Southern cross The 'X' strike descended from above while the '+' swept from the front.

Last edited by Arawn on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: Tags were wrong and spelling)
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:42 pm

"Blade", Bitterness said in a weak voice, "Hey, do Ice pillar", Blade said. Bitterness stood before the impending slashes and stopped them with a giant pillar that barely was scratched. "Now do Ice spike", Blade commanded Bitterness. Bitterness then blew on both of his hands coating them in ice and smacked them to the ground creating a giant fortress of spikes that most likely had hit the monk.

"You haven't seen my spirits have you"!.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:18 pm

"Hmmmm a pillar from the ground." Xavier muttered as the large ice thwarted his spirit's attack. He then noted the spirit was now up to something else. Having prevented the attack, it was do doubt to make a counter attack. With a thought he dismissed Tenacity. Mid-air the samurai vanished. "Isolation" he spoke and his shadow darkened. In the next second the ground around him exploded with ice lances. Once they stopped one could see Xavier standing on disk of black he was perfectly fine. When Isolation had been summoned he had him create a shield of shadow at his feet protecting him from the attack. Instead of skewering him, they had lifted him off the ground and out of harm's way. The monk jumped down from the black disk and landed softly on the still frozen earth. Isolation followed. "I'm not impressed. Is this the extent of your borrowed powers? Rather feeble for such a grandiose boast. He held his hand open and a black shape formed. In less than a second he held a ebony staff. He gave the weapon a experimental spin. It felt as solid as metal and yet quite light in weight. He rushed forward with Isolation hovering right behind him. He swung the black staff at Bitterness aiming at the spirit's legs.
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:19 pm

"Fool, Ice prison", Bitterness had blocked the staff with a almost spherical ice sphere that was encircling Xaviers body and was also getting thicker, "Don't tell me I don't know how to use spirits", Blade then gave the arm movement to seal the sphere.

"Prison, of winter solstice", Bitterness had closed it, in a second it had imploded on itself and then exploded into multiple scattering ice shards

"You understand now", the ice had now blanketed everything around Blade, turning the whole area into a ice like cavern.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:25 am

"Yes, I do understand." said a voice as the smoke and ice faded. The small field of black shadow slowly retracted from around Xavier. One the ice spirit had his weapon Isolation had raised his own sphere as the ice one formed. "Such intensity, but one again here I stand. You've accomplished nothing, but look like a braggart." Xavier shook his head. This man, no this boy, was a loss cause. There was no way he would truly understand spirits. He only saw the power they possessed and wielded it like a tyrant. Such displays were a waste of power and time. Gungnir A black shape erupted from his shadow and impaled Bitterness. The black spear as wide as a baseball ran through the spirit's chest and out it's back. Spirits couldn't be killed, but enough damage and they lose their form. A second spear shot out from Xavier's shadow and ran though the spirit's forehead. The first spear vanished and a black scythe appeared. With practiced skill Xavier swung the weapon in a small arc as he sidestepped ice spirit Bitterness. The curved blade slid into spirit's back and hung out it's stomach. The old monk jumped backwards spinning his body. The blade tore the spirit in half as the man moved away. "It's best to withdraw him for now, he's needs to rest."
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 pm

"Bitterness, you did well, you can nap for a whole month if you want to", Blade patted bitterness on the back, "Passion, get fired up", Passion appeared in a flash, Flametongue, Passion lifted both hands up creating a massive horizantal flameblast, causing the ice to melt, into water.

"Keep going", the fire still did not stop, Blade wanted to make sure he had got the monk.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:49 am

The old monk clicked his tongue as the young man re-summoned his fire spirit. He signaled for Isolation to quickly form another shield. As the shadowed bubble rose around him and shook his head in disappointment. He figured the boy would be smarter than this, but he was wrong. The shield completed the fire shot from the spirit. It wasn't the flames he was worried about. Cooling an object and then rapidly raising the temperature has an adverse effect on objects. After icing the whole cavern now he was heating it. The ice had melted back into water, but the stone wasn't to fortunate. The cavern groaned as the rocks cracked. It was like a tsunami. Rocks fell rapidly from the ceiling and walls. A rock the size of a watermelon struck Passion on the shoulder. The blow sent him spinning to the ground his fire lashed out as his own master as he fell. He quickly stopped it before Blade could be harmed. His concern for his master was ill placed as another rock came down upon his legs crushing them. The pain on his face was obvious. More rocks were falling, and the distraction of his legs proved to worsen his predicament. A larger rock fell upon his head. The whole room shook as more rocks fell burying the poor spirit. A shower of large rocks fell upon Blade.
Back to top Go down
Blade Heartright

Blade Heartright

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:42 pm

The whole fire was an Illusion set up by Passion, Passion had raised the temperature so high since being summoned he had caused a mirage effect on Xavier who was still unaware while this whole thing was going on, Blade had been far behind Xavier sneaking up behind him, silently.

Blade quickly ran up to Xavier with his Spirit brass knuckles swirling spirit shards all over them making it a sharp like razor, "Take this", Blade had quickly grabbed isolation and threw him far with his right as he still cherished his older spirits, then he punched Xavier in the back of the spine with his left, and then aimed a sharp kick to the back of his neck.

Fool.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:47 am

The shadow shield still held. Even if it was an illusionary attack the shield was made in a complete circle around Xavier. Blade smashed his fist against it only to have it bounce off. His kick did nothing more than hurt his own leg. Isolation alerted Xavier of Blade's new position.
"Well I guess this was pointless." he muttered. He pulled a dagger from his robe with his right hand. He held the silver blade against his left palm and cut lightly until he drew blood. "Disperse." he spoke and the shadow shield broke, and the spirits he had transferred suddenly appeared before him. Blade's spirits appeared as well. "This session is over." he said shaking his head.

OOC: Okay let's begin. This fight had several points: The first was I was trying to show that simple abilities can be used to dramatic effects. Second to see how you used such an ability. After reading and rereading the thread I can only say while I like the idea, your ability to handle such an ability is lacking. The biggest problem is the vagueness of your descriptions of their powers. It's best to describe what they can do in detail. You made wrote the Bitterness froze the ground, the next moment he's raising ice pillars, and making spikes pop from underneath. The extent of the powers you want them to have is one par with a single character. Ability rules. As it states they aren't supposed to be powerful attacks. I suggest you make a single spirit rather than making 3. Otherwise I don't think using a single power on each will suit your style of RP.

With that out of the way; I'd like to point out some RPing observations. Your last post is pretty much why most illusion and clone abilities are rejected. When in a corner and the attack failed and turned against you. "Ha ha, it wasn't real." is kinda lame. Another thing you must be wary of is movement. Until you learn instant movement you're not going to suddenly appear behind someone without them noticing. Even if your speed is greater, they will be aware of you approach even if they can't react to it.

Your app has been unlocked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirited encounter (Blade)   Spirited encounter (Blade) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirited encounter (Blade)
Page 1 of 1