The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle on the mountain (solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Battle on the mountain (solo) Empty
PostSubject: Battle on the mountain (solo)   Battle on the mountain (solo) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:58 am

In all his time in training with Master Sung, something was nagging in the back of his mind. He enjoyed the sessions. He learned basic martial arts and Sa Shin Mu. Still he felt his sword skills were lacking. Asking for additional instruction from the academy was out. It would seem there was a influx of students. Several supplementary classes were being held and all them full. The open classes had been cancelled. He groaned. He had managed to track down Miyazakii, but he didn't have anyone to give him extra lessons. Master Sung's wife had amazing sword skills, but she had quickly rejected his request. There was only so much he could do with self study. He remembered what the old swordsman had said regarding a personal skill be developed from their own strengths. Arawn did have his own unique style, but he wanted to move beyond that. To be able learn a set style and make it his own. And then it hit him. He had left Huang Long with Ha-Rhang the entire time. He's be restricted to light duty for the last few months, so the need of his zanpukto was nonexistent. He'd confronted two students recently bare-handed, not to show off because the weapon had requested time with the white haired woman. The very thought still aggravated Arawn. The weapon had refused to help him unless he got what he wanted. His life on the line and the blade extorts him? He wished he could get a new weapon, but such a thing was unheard of. A zanpukto was as much a part of him as his skin. He was actually surprised the blade wanted to be away from him. He thought zanpukto had to stay close to the user or that some proximity was required. Apparently that wasn't the case. The question had never come up, but the golden dragon had known about it. Arawn could only wonder what else the sleep serpent knew and wasn't telling him. He tried to come up with a plan to gfet more info from the dragon. No thoughts came.

He took the hidden path the led to the top of the mountain. In a manner of minutes he emerged in the picturesque oasis located within the strange mountain. Climbing the grassy path he took in the view. How did something like this get made? Was it natural? He shrugged as he pushed through the brush into the clearing. Ha-Rhang sat in the center of the clearing overlooking the cliff. His zanpukto sat beside here. Arawn bowed to the elegant looking lady.
"Greetings Madam Ha-Rhang, I've come for my blade." he spoke. "I'm sorry I'm late, I've been so busy lately." The woman looked up at his approach and smiled.
"It's not a problem at all, it's a fine sword. I figured you were indisposed my husband seems quite giddy lately." Master must be quite happy to be teaching Arawn again. The woman reached to her side and held the weapon for Arawn to grab. "I could faintly hear it's song as I used it....." She began looking the young man in the eye. She hesitated then waved her hand dismissing the thought. Arawn took the weapon from her outstretched hand and tucked the sheath into his belt. She spoke of songs. She had claimed to dance with weapons based on the "song" she heard from it. Had she tapped into his zanpukto in some way? He noted her hesitation and discomfort. He tried to change the topic.
"Lady Ha-Rhang, I know you refused, but I would like to be instructed by you in the art of the sword." he said bowing before her. She smiled, the disturbing thought gone. "I have no one else I can ask."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle on the mountain (solo)   Battle on the mountain (solo) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:58 am

Yuki suddenly appeared in the clearing her face quite red. It was obvious she wasn't pleased with Arawn's presence there. And his request had made her even more furious.
"She told you no, before why do you think the answer will change now?" she screeched. Rarely did she speak to him, at most he got an evil glare from her direction. "She gave you your weapon, now leave!" Ha-Rhang raised an eyebrow than began to laugh hysterically. Yuki got redder by the second.
"She is right." Ha-Rhang spoke after the laughter died down. "My answer won't change, still I applaud your persistence." She tapped her finger against her lips then her face lit up. "I won't teach you, but there's nothing wrong with a little sparing." she smiled. Yuki eyes widened.
"Mistress no!" she began. "Even through sparring he might learn some of your techniques." She had a point, but Arawn wasn't about to agree with her. He didn't mind trying to spar the Lady once again. But he doubted it would be anything less than the last time. She had completely controlled the whole fight. Arawn didn't stand a chance at all. Still even defeat could be a learning experience. Ha-Rhang's facial expression didn't change except for a small grin across her face.
"You're right Yuki, if I were to fight him, there's no doubt he might figure the secrets of our art." the other woman agreed. Arawn groaned and Yuki beamed. "That's why you'll face him instead." Both Arawn and Yuki's eyes widened. Something he didn't expect and at the same time didn't want. Since their first meeting Yuki hadn't be exactly kind to him. After witnessing her fight against the former 10th captain he was even more wary of her. Yuki's shock wore off as she soon realized this too. Ha-Rhang was quick to amend her statement. "You're to fight him not kill him, I don't think my husband would like to see his pupil dead by your hand." Still the woman in the white kimono grinned. Killing was forbidden, but she would hurt him plenty.

Both woman left the clearing to appear minutes later. Yuki was now wearing a white version of the same shinigami uniform that Arawn wore. Her hair was woven into a bun on top. Ha-Rhang took a seat at the far end of the clearing. Arawn's hand went to his zanpukto and a chill raced up his spine.
"Please try not to destroy the clearing." she said looking at the two combatants. "You may begin." Yuki's own weapon was at her hip, she drew the blade forth with the smoothest of motions. Arawn's own weapon was barely pulling free of the sheath as the young woman had already advanced. His own blade came up on to guard the high slash. The weapons sparked on contact. Was she really not trying to kill him? He could feel the strength behind the strike. How such a tiny framed hold such power was a mystery. But he'd learned to not judge people by their appearance alone. The tip of the zanpukto pulled free of the metal sheath and he tried to sidestep and push the woman's blade back. He succeeded, but only to have her other hand catch him in the face. The fist smashed his noise and the impact sent him stumbling back. A well placed counter. He didn't have time to admire her skills, she was already on him again. Arawn's left hand grabbed his sheath from his hip and swung it upwards. Yuki's second charge stopped short to avoid the wild swing, but then she pushed on. The small delay gave him enough time to recover his footing and swing his blade level at her he head. The flat chinese blade parried the strike and she stepped and thrust in retaliation.
The difference in weapons was becoming quite apparent. Arawn's weapon was a katana it's blade was of wedge design. To put it simply the back of his blade was blunt, making his sword more of a slashing weapon. Yuki's weapon was a chinese flat long sword. Double edged and with a sharp point. Making it perfect weapon for slashing and thrusting.

Arawn decided it was best to keep his distance while he figured some point of attack. It was a shame the Yuki wasn't about to allow that. She thrust again as Arawn stepped back. Her blade stopped mid thrust and swung horizontal. He ducked and heard the blade sweep over him. Arawn's sheath swung out again at his attacker's side. The flat blade arched and blocked the strike. Arawn pressed forward. He swung with his right hopping to catch her unaware, but she had already retreated. His katana only hit air.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle on the mountain (solo)   Battle on the mountain (solo) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:50 pm

It wasn't shunpo, but her speed was something he couldn't follow. At first it seemed like they were evenly matched, but little by little the pace had increased. He swung his blade again and she had already moved. Arawn could only try to predict her next point of attack. He tucked his sheath against his left arm. It was a good idea to dedicate one arm completely to defense. He was lucky that she was wearing white. It stood out in the green oasis they fought. It was best he keep his eyes open at all times especially to the rear. His thoughts were disrupted as she pressed the offense again. A series of thrusts came from the lithe woman. It took only a slightest flick of her arm to send the rapid attack at Arawn's body. He swept his left up to block the strikes and tried to bat the weapon away. As he retreated she advanced the thrusting continued. Low and high the strikes varied just enough to keep him on his toes. There was no way for him to keep up. The sword bit into his flesh. His face, his arms, his body, small wounds covered his body. Thankfully she had remembered her master's words; nothing lethal. His attempts at blocking were almost useless, finally frustrated he thrust his own blade forward at a possible opening. With luck his katana impacted with Yuki's oncoming blade. She was just as surprised as he was, but he was the quicker to react. He brought his left arm across and hit her forearm. He had hoped to hit her hand, but didn't have time to aim that precisely. The hit was enough to created an opening. Arawn pulled his right arm back and brought his zanpukto in a heavy overhead cut. Her stance broke she raised her weapon to guard the strike. Their weapons sparked yet again, but Yuki grinned. Arawn's attack had been thwarted. The smile faded as he saw that Arawn's left now descended as he pulled his sword free. Too late to dodge Yuki was forced to block again. The metal sheath turned club had more than enough strength to do harm. As she guarded the second attack she missed the third. Arawn swung his zanpukto upward. The diagonal slash cut right across her white uniform and ended at her shoulder. The shock of the attack sent Yuki reeling. Arawn stood there too amazed to move; he had finally landed a strike.

He would have to treasure the moment later, as the look of absolute malice in the young woman's eyes told him it wouldn't happen again. Arawn braced himself as the renewed assault began. The swing from the right he blocked with his sword, and regretted the motion. Again Yuki showed her impressive strength. It felt like his arm was going to fall off from defending. Her blade had already retracted and thrust for his head. He craned his neck left the metal sliced his right cheek. "I need to get back, she'll eat me alive." Arawn thought, and slashed at her waist. She was gone. He jerked his head left and then right, there was no sign of the young woman. His eyes glanced skyward, but nothing was there either. Had she vanished. He clutched his weapons tightly. Then something hit him in the back, before he could blink he was airborne. Something white flickered in his peripheral vision. Behind!? Suddenly the world spun and then the ground came up to meet him. When he awoke an hour later he was laying in Master Sung's house further down the mountain. His face hurt and he was covered in bandages over his many cuts. He hadn't seen the last attack, but could only guess it was one of the many skills Lady Ha-Rhang had taught her. He groaned. Perhaps if he had used Sa Shin Mu, or released his weapon he could have stood a decent chance of winning. But as things stood there was no mistaking that Yuki was stronger. Still he was certain things wouldn't stay that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle on the mountain (solo)   Battle on the mountain (solo) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle on the mountain (solo)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Soul Society :: Rukongai-
Jump to: