The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats

Go down 
+2
Ayame Ryouta
Draylontis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats Empty
PostSubject: Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats   Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:38 pm

As it says I'm having a bit of a time trying to understand what stats do and how they work in entirety.
But here is what i Do know, or was told.

As I understand it
SP= HP, Defense, and Endurance

Speed= How fast you are

Int= 5x your int as a - to kido requirement post count

Fighting=how good you are at fighting.

within 5 stats means comparable, 6-10 struggles to keep up, 11-15, extremely difficult, 16-19, ??? and 20 is easily overpowering the other, where as int you can dodge or set a trap every 2 posts when you have over 20.

so from my understanding is Fighting is melee strength, and SP is HP

Area of Confusion
But I'm not sure what governs stuff like Kido abilities and it doesn't seem defined. I've seen some say it belongs under int and some say it belongs under SP, but to me it seems a bit OP for it to be added to SP and doesn't entirely make sense in INT.

My suggestion
So i was thinking something like
1. change the dodge/trap to something like 1 every 3 or 4 posts
2. Give Kido Power to SP
3. have int give something like a technique bonus, because if you can perform the technique better you can get more out of it right?, something like for every 7 int you have each of your other stats gets a +1 technique bonus?

So a Person with 35 int would effective get a +5 passive bonus to SP, Speed, And Fighting?

I think something like that would sort of balance out... Your opinions?

Conclusion
So what I'm asking is for people to clarify how they understand the stats and comment on my idea. because i like to have a solid base for stuff like this, and it has been really bugging me and a bit frustrating to not be able to understand the system.

Last edited by Draylontis on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats   Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

I think you've understood the system well enough...at least that's how I understand it. So unless I'm wrong...

Let's see...I'm pretty sure a kido's power is governed by SP. However, what you can do with one I think would be under Intel. So for example, a person with Captain-class reiatsu like, say, Kaiyo, could fire off a Hado#31 the size of a couple houses without incantation. However, because of her whole lack of Intel stat, she wouldn't be able to use it in conjunction with a kido net and #12 Fushibi and #26 Kyakko as Hinamori did in the manga and anime.

That of course has not been defined officially, but that's how I see it. We admins/mods will try our best to hash something out quickly regarding this matter.

(no complaints from me regarding the Intel boosts, but I doubt the others will see it that way. other than the CC, I happen to be the smartest person on the board, being 12th Division Captain and all.)
Back to top Go down
Zyklus

Male
Number of Posts : 36
Registration Date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats   Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Since they're so similar, I'll post mine here. https://thebleachworld.darkbb.com/t2896-definitions-of-stats
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male
Number of Posts : 863
Job/Interests : That's Officer DarkMaster to you, buddy.
Quote : I'm afraid of the dark.
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats   Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 pm

You've understood it fairly well. Though a decent suggestion, I can't find a justifiable reason to allow a +5 stat increase. Everything else seems to be viable.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats   Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 pm

I hope to see a balance between the stats. Where investment in one won't be sufficient to overcome the rest. I hope to have mine reflect my character's style and abilities rather than restrict.

That aside I have posted a very similar thread in the Admin forums (it's invisible) to get the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats   Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:25 am

skimmed, only comment is. shinigami, hollow are not "living" we're only accumulations of spirit energy, so think of it as endurance, you're fatigue points. If you run out, you're done for, unable to continue fighting whether kido, zanpakuto, w.e. more on this at 11. night...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats   Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Requesting Clearly Defined Stat Mechanics and Suggestions for stats
Page 1 of 1