The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new body a new man...(solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

A new body a new man...(solo) Empty
PostSubject: A new body a new man...(solo)   A new body a new man...(solo) I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:52 pm

(OOC: This is a record of the first day after the re-sealing of Jacob Talog aka James Cadwallader; before James realized the side effects of the new “Perfect” seal. Yes this seems a bit Dr. Who-like post but I can’t think of a better way to describe it. Plus you get to see a vain side of James that I never really get to explore all that often.)

James awoke peacefully for the first time in century; there was no beastlike voice in the back of his mind, nor was there someone waiting to kill him as soon as he drew a breath. A smile was spread across his face as he sat up on the edge of his bed, my mind is quiet for the first time that I can remember, and I can finally live without the primal presence lurking at the back of my mind.

Walking into the bathroom James studied the new face that looked back at him in the mirror. “Is this really me?” he said aloud as he ran his hands through his hair, “Much shorter than what I am used to but with this face it looks really good, and my ears are a little bit higher than they were before.” James’ hand slid down and cupped his ear feeling the new sensation of skin under his fingers instead of scales, he had mixed feelings. Though I feel as if I shed a hundred pounds I doubt this fragile body could take a sword strike.

James let his hand slide down his face as he felt the new contours of his face, “It seems the only thing that stayed the same was the eyes.” Turning around he inspected the new seal that took up most of his back, still as crimson and illuminant as it had been the night before when it was drawn on his back. Reaching to feel the new artwork on his back he flinched as his fingers brushed it. “Still just as raw as it was last night, guess I will have to get used to it like I did the last one.” After getting a shower and throwing on some clothes and discovered that he would have to go shopping sometime soon as he appeared to have gotten a little taller after the re-sealing.

James walked into the kitchen of his home barefooted smiling as the familiar smells of spices and foods flooded his senses. Blindly preparing breakfast by smell alone, he wielded the spices in the rack above his head as he prepared a keish for the next few days. Well at least my dragon like senses still seem to be normal so at least I don’t have to cook like humans and rely on a strict recipe and a bland taste.

As he set the keish into the oven, James went to his library knowing that when the keish was done he would smell it. The four swords were still lying in the floor, with a heavy sigh James started to put the blades back in their cases. All was routine till he reached down and grabbed Clarent by the hilt and was engulfed in Clarent’s fiery aura and the sword’s presence invaded his mind. The pain for James was unimaginable as it felt like his limbs were on fire; either find a way to make the pain stop and prove worthy of wielding Clarent or Die like those unworthy of the blade.

The orange glow was intense and just kept getting brighter as the pain intensified, James entire body was paralyzed with pain as he struggled to fight back, desperately trying to let go of the blade, but to no avail. So this is how it ends for the exiled dragon, the morning after I have accomplished my greatest feat I am done in by a sword who thinks I mean to wield it into battle. I won’t get to see any of the friends I have made on this plane of existence ever again. I won’t be able to see my promise to Yoko through…so to add insult to injury this sword will kill me and tarnish my honor afterwards.

James growled at the thought out of instinct, when he felt the primal energy that had plagued him for so long surge forward, I will not be killed…NOT TODAY! I have a promise to keep to my friends, to my students, to myself. As the thoughts and reasons for living surfaced a white aura of primal energy started to grow from James pushing the orange back and overcoming it. “I am the master Clarent, you are my tool to use for the protection of others.”

Just as suddenly as it began the orange aura faded wrapping around the blade and creating a jeweled sheath around the blade, as if it accepted its new master. James smiled as he tried to set the blade back in its case but some force kept the blade from even coming close to the box. “So you do not wish to be sealed back in the box, then what shall I do with you? You have been away from the world for so long, but I hate to tell you this, but swords are not very fashionable anymore.” Trying one last time to set the blade in its case he frowned as the previous result repeated itself.

Setting the blade aside he went back to the kitchen to check on his breakfast. When he got there he was surprised to see that Clarent was laying across the table as if waiting for him. “So you can move by yourself, hmmm handy party trick if I do say so myself.” He turned opening the oven to take the keish out, when he heard a “clunk” and stood up to see Clarent embedded in the wall by his head. “Looks like you can’t take a joke, guess I better remember that."
Back to top Go down

A new body a new man...(solo)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Real World :: Karakura Town-
Jump to: