The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stratus

Stratus

Male
Number of Posts : 519
Job/Interests : Bikini inspector
Quote : Is this thing on?
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) Empty
PostSubject: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:42 pm

"Perhaps I overdid it abit." Stratus muttered as the black smoke billowed into the sky. All around him the flames licked at buildings. Screams filled the air as people desperately tried to escape the raging fire that had already consumed three city blocks. The streets were congested with cars. People had abandoned them once they realized they had a better chance on foot. A chance, but not a good one. The fire was moved like a living creature and quickly cut off any avenues of escape. Already the fire department struggled to prevent it's further advance. Stratus could only stare at the chaos that unfolded before him. This was partially his fault. He had been attacked by another one of those damned Qunicy. The only reason that he knew the human was called that was that he had mentioned it himself. The battle along the rooftops had led them to a corner gas station. Stratus had thrown a small car at the human only for him to dodge. In doing so the vechile crashed into the pump and then.... well the result was here for all to see. The fueled flames had risen into the air like a mushroom cloud as the pumps exploded. Cars lining the street were set afire by the burning wreckage, only to explode and send more flaming debris airborne. Sparks and embers flew every which way, in a matter of moments the burning beast ran rampant through the streets. He had lost sight of the Quincy during the first explosions, but now could only figure him dead since he couldn't feel his signal any more. "And here I was trying to keep a low profile." he sighed. The accident had killed well over fifty humans and the death count rose as the buildings caught blaze. So many lives extinguished in a blink of an eye and new souls emerged from the burned corpses. Stratus grinned, at least there was a happy point to this adventure; plenty to eat.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack

Bloody Jack

Male
Number of Posts : 85
Job/Interests : I like Ramen.
Quote : Rum, a sword, and dead enemies at my feet. Now all I need is a chimichanga.
Registration Date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Bloody Jack looked around. Yeah, things were certainly bad. He could count at least fifty people who shuffled off the mortal coil, and there would probably be more. I don't get it. Why did those things explode with such force? He had never lived in modern times, so he was clueless as to what most things were. The shinigami he was with, Sakai, just shook his head. Don't worry about it. Just find the hollow, and deal with it. I'll be watching in case you get into trouble. Jack just rolled his eyes and pulled out a small cellphone. Well, according to this thing... it's just north of us... or south of us... Bah, stupid thing.

After a few minutes of searching, he finally found it. It was a large humanoid shaped Hollow, with a creepy looking mask. Right, time for my first hollow. He drew his sword from it's sheath and launched himself on top of a building, then jumped again, aiming for the hollow and approaching from behind.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:06 am

The gray hollow dangled over the edge of the building by it's foot. Of course the soul didn't know that the drop wouldn't hurt in the slightest. But Stratus wasn't about to tell him that. The man screamed as the clawed hand pinched ankle and shook him from side to side.
"Please don't drop me!" the man soul sobbed as the tears ran down his forehead. The poor soul was more worried about falling than the large monster that held him.
"Stop crying, I'm not going to drop you." Stratus said as he pulled the man up so that his head was level with his own. The crying stopped and the man breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm going to eat you!" the man's eyes were went wide and the sobbing resumed. The plus suddenly gasped looking past the hollow. Stratus spun in place and tossed the man a the shinigami coming at him as he jumped backward off the roof to the ashen streets below.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack

Bloody Jack

Male
Quote : Rum, a sword, and dead enemies at my feet. Now all I need is a chimichanga.

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Ah, damnit! Without thinking too much about it, Jack gave the incoming plus a spinning right kick, throwing him to the side and setting Jack into a spin. After quickly regretting that kick, Jack landed hard into the building and bounced down into the streets below.

Damnit, how'd he do that again? Focus on the feet and... Just before hitting ground, a sudden flash of red spiritual power flared up under Jack's feet, breaking the pavement under him but keeping him from hitting the ground at eighty miles an hour. Awesome, now for that hollow.

Broadsword up and at the ready, Jack quickly scanned his surroundings, making sure he wasn't about to be pounced on. Under his black robes, the soft clank of armor against armor could be heard. Old habits die hard.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Stratus landed on all fours. His legs tingled from the sudden descent. He was too busy having fun that he had missed the shinigami sneaking up on him. The hollow had been lucky that the soul had ruined that surprise attack. He reached out with his senses. The fire and smoke obstructed his vision, but there was few spiritual signals to muddle the area. It only too a second to detect the shinigami's presence. The man wasn't hiding, his energy radiated from him like heat from the flames around him. That bastard had interrupted his meal, perhaps he could get his pound of flesh from him instead. There was too much fire around for him to use his slime safely, but he could still employ other tools to subdue the soul reaper. He gave a grin and quickly shaped blade and then a long pole to mount it upon. In seconds he hefted a crude make-shift axe. The head looked like a rough trapezoid. He gave the large weapon a quick practice swing. Decent balance. With one hand he gripped the heavy crystal weapon and dragged it behind him as he walked down the empty charred street. He stopped once he stood in the middle of the semi-clear area. Stratus banged the emerald weapon against the remains of an exploded car. The crystal chimed like a bell on the heavy metal
"Shinigami, come out and play!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. "Shinigami, come out and play." No need to hide himself either, he would show the soul reaper a quick death.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack

Bloody Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Heh, right. Time for a fight. With a near mad glint in his eyes, he dashed forward through the smoke and flames, robes charring and armor being revealed, before finally leaping through a small bonfire and coming face to face with his opponent. Now, with most of his reaper robes burned away, he looked exactly as he did when he first arrived in the soul society.

Armor reflecting the light of the surrounding inferno, it appeared to be very battered, but despite being battle worn, looked like it could withstand quite a bit of punishment. On his shoulders was a long flowing black cape with frayed ends. His zampakuto was a bastard sword, quite unlike many other shinigami. It also looked worn with use, but still sharp enough to slice through the thickest of armors. Everything about this man cried warrior, which showed in his fierce eyes. Red flickered through his eyes, and it's not entirely certain that it was just the flames being reflected.

Without even the slightest notion for talking or the like, Jack rushed straight in, smile splitting his face and heart pounding like a war drum. It was the Holy lands all over again.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:12 pm

He laughed. It was a wicked laugh that would chill any normal man to the bone. The laugh of a devil set before a feast of souls. And what a meal it was. The flames cast a strange light across the area. There was no sunlight anymore, the billowing clouds of black now covered the sky. It was miniature version of hell born on the street in this random city. The screams of the few survivors the only sound aside from the cracking of flames. There was an explosion not far from their location, it was the starting bell of the battle and Stratus charged straight in. He pulled the axe blade up and over his shoulder. The gray hollow moved forward to meet the shinigami's rush twirling the battleaxe's long handle like a baton. It took both hands to move the weapon with such finesse. The twirl stopped as he tightened his grip at the last minute and then took a step. His right foot as a pivot he spun counterclockwise bringing the wide end of the blade to bear. As he swung he released a primal roar.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack

Bloody Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:22 pm

The beast was strong, and it was fast, but it wasn't Bloody Jack. As the blade came swinging, Jack focused everything on his blade, and blocked. With a sudden metallic peal and concussion wave that cleared smoke and put out several fires, Jack slid back a foot or two, and he felt the blow in his arms and legs, but he had managed to defend himself, and where his blade was blocking there was now a small chip in the beast's axe.

With a sudden bark of laughter, he threw his sword up and rushed forward for a quick swipe to the thing's rib cage, or what passed for it's rib cage.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:40 pm

There was a bit of shock that the shinigami survived the blow, but he secretly hoped he would. It would such a shame to end things in one strike. The shinigami had made an impression on the hollow, but that only meant he would die painfully. Stratus wouldn't have it any other way. Their blades met and the shock-wave shook the area.
"Very impressive." he muttered, his arms tingling slightly from the strike. There wasn't time to exchange pleasantries as the armored man now pressed the attack. He was quick, and the slightest hesitation would mean his life. This is the kind of battle Stratus lived for. He twisted the axe in his hands bringing the wedge shaped blade around to block the incoming attack. Bracing his arms he accepted the blow. The shock-wave was smaller this time, and Stratus was only forced a half step backwards. Such small arms with such power, he wondered how the soul reapers did it. Still he wasn't without his own brute strength. Holding his weapon steady, the gray hollow kicked out with his right foot. He aimed at the other man's chest.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack

Bloody Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 pm

The blow had landed, and launched Jack through a brick wall opposite of the beast. Most of the brick and mortar had fallen and buried Jack. His vision flickered a bit, and his chest hurt terribly, but he wasn't out of this yet. Kicking the rubble off of himself, he walked out and cracked his neck. Not bad, beast.

Then, without warning, Jack dashed forward, sword aimed for the chest in a thrusting position. But this was just a feint. As soon as the creature tried to deflect the blade in either direction, Jack would use that momentum to spin around for a truly powerful slash.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 pm

With a snicker he watched the man fly into and through the wall. Guess he wasn't too tough after all. The man exited the freshly made hole a moment later. Seems he could take a hit as well. It was time to test his own durability. With a glint in his eye he spun the axe in his hand. He patted the blade as the man made his charge. He was a brave man to come at him directly after his display of strength. Brave or just a fool. Maybe Stratus was just as foolish. With a growl he rushed forward as well. He raised the battleaxe over his head and brought it down in a vicious chop. The difference in height was in the hollow's favor. It gave him just enough reach over the shorter shinigami. But none of this had Stratus considered, he was caught up in the frenzy of battle. He couldn't just back down from this kind of fight. And he would come to regret that decision The man's weapon moved as he spun it around and attacked his very vulnerable sides. There was no time to block or dodge. He was committed to his charge. He could only tense his muscles and pray for a non-critical strike. As the sword penetrated his side he roared in pain. The move actually saved the shinigami, it caused Stratus' aim to shift. Rather than bringing the blade down directly on his head the weapon came down upon his shoulder and across his chest in a diagonal slash.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack

Bloody Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm

After the axe cut through his chest and smacked soundly against the ground, Jack smiled evilly and grabbed the axe, holding it in place. Heedless of the huge gash across his front, he lunged forward with his blade, stabbing the huge beast in the gut. After sinking it a good foot or two, he cruelly twisted the blade and shoved it in another two or three inches. Finally, he jerked the blade up and withdrew it from the creature's body, letting it's blood flow freely.

Feel the wrath of Bloody Jack, Dark Reaver of the Desert Sands. Then he thrust his sword again, this time aiming for the creature's mask.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 pm

His attack has failed to connect properly, but it did cause some damage. A gloved hand reached out and pinned his axe into the ground. The opponent's cold steel cut into his side like a warm knife through butter. He felt it stop as it hit the bone hidden beneath the gray flesh. But the man did not stop there. He drove his blade in deeper and twisting the blade savagely. And then he thrust the blade in deeper. A fount of blood gushed from the wounds the man inflicted. Man? No, the way he fought was like an animal. He was a beast like Stratus, a monster that was driven by violence and blood. Perhaps that's why he felt compelled to take him on. A kindred spirit in such a shinigami, it was laughable if not for the blood welling in his throat and lungs. The fierce warrior pulled back his long weapon, but Stratus didn't see it. Already his consciousness was fading, the darkness creeping along the edges of his vision. It was fitting that he died at the hands at another beast. It was a good death. The darkness consumed him his arms went limp and head drooped.

The blade came thrusting at his mask, and the hollow's left hand came up. The blade pierced the outstretched hand and out the other side. The weapon's edge stopped short of the hollow's face. A low growl issued itself from the staggering hollow. It's other hand shot out and grabbed the shinigami face. The holes in it's chest began to bubble and boil. Slowly the wounds closed and the bleeding stopped. With a howl of furry the hollow jumped skyward holding the shinigami over his head. His claws dug into the opponent's skull. As the two descended from the short leap the hollow windmilled it's arm and then drove the hated soul reaper into the pavement by the back of his head. It gave a yell of primal glee and stomped it's foot upon the downed man.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack

Bloody Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

The foot landed, breaking the ground and shattering the pavement in a crude spiderweb shape. Everything was quiet for a second, and it looked as if the shinigami was finished. His long journey finally brought to an end.

No.

His voice rang through the air with the ferocity of a beast and the authority of a king. It was a simple word, but conveyed much more than any speech could. It was as if he was yelling with the voice of a thousand, and it shook through the beast. Slowly the beast's foot moved, and the beast was thrown off, and sent stumbling back. And where he once stood, was a horror none could imagine.

He was broken, battered, cut, and nearly dead. But he was still alive. His yellow eyes set in a cold, calculating anger. This was not the blind passion of a warrior, but the cold fury of one who has lived and lost more than anyone should. He walked forward, sword swinging, saying nothing. Again and again the beast blocked, but Jack continued. Finally, with one last sequence, sent the hollow's axe to the ground and scratched it's mask, nearly breaking it in half.

BAKUDO NUMBER ONE! SAI! Sakai appeared out of nowhere and bound Jack before he could do much more. Enough Jack, you've done well against such a formidable opponent. But if you carry on much more, even I won't be able to help. I'll finish him off. Then Sakai stepped forward, intending to finish off the Hollow.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:32 am

To survive such a blow was no small feat, but to counter in the condition was nothing short of remarkable. And counter the man did. The gray creature paused for only a moment as the shinigami swung his weapon like a man possessed. The man's brutal assault had pushed him back. But only for that moment. The other shinigami's interruption had given the hollow enough time to recover. The wounds from the broken man's sword started to bubble like the others it had suffered earlier. The hollow began to heal at an alarming rate. It gave a hiss of fury at the one that now stood before him. KILL was the only thought running through the now feral creature's mind. The emerald weapon lay forgotten on the ground. The creature knew nothing of tools or swordplay. There was no deep plan or traps to be laid out, there was only a savage hunger and bottomless rage at all things. The spiritual pressure radiated out of it's body unchecked. It didn't control the power, instead the hollow just let go. Another scream of absolute fury. It pounced like a cat at the new opponent. It's claws reaching for the soul reaper as it growled like a wild dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)   Into the inferno (Bloody Jack) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the inferno (Bloody Jack)
Page 1 of 1