The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dance of the White Lotus (solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Dance of the White Lotus (solo) Empty
PostSubject: Dance of the White Lotus (solo)   Dance of the White Lotus (solo) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:46 am

It was raining heavily when he looked out the dirty window beside his bead. Arawn sighed something about rain drained him of energy. But today he was to meet Master Sung in the forest. He dreaded the trip through the downpour. Slowly he got his robes and packed a change of clothes for the trip back. As he slipped the pack onto his back there was a knock at the door. He didn't expect any visitors, especially in the current weather.
"Yes?" he called out as the made way to answer the knock. As he approached and grabbed the doorknob a white envelope passed under the door. Wait, was that Yuki? He opened the door and peered into the corridor; it was empty. What was more noteworthy was the fact that there wasn't any water on the floor. With that much rain she hadn't even gotten her shoes wet? Impressive indeed. With one more look down the dark hallway he turned back into his room picking up the note she had left. He quickly tore open the envelope and examined the page:

Practice will take place in the Seireitei estate at noon.

"That's it?" he muttered in disbelief. "She could have just told me. Seems like a waste of paper." He looked at the clock he had put above his work desk. The time read 10:12, plenty of time to reach the estate. He had gotten up early for the trip to Rukongai. He really had nothing to do, with a grunt he grabbed his pack and strapped his sword to his hip. "Nothing wrong with arriving early." Not having an umbrella he grabbed an empty plastic bag used to storing specimens to shield himself as he walked to his master's home.

The rain increased and decreased as he made his way through the maze of the city. At first it only seemed to come from above, after awhile it came at an awkward angle. Despite the plastic bag he now completely wet from head to toe. He was lucky to have decided to take to the road early. Some of the streets got flooded and were closed off. If he had waited it would have taken even longer to reach the house. It was odd when he thought about it, it was usually so sunny in Soul Society. Seeing it rain made it feel more like Earth. He looked like a drowned cat when he finally arrived at the estate. The door opened as he reached the stone walkway and he made his way inside. The room wasn't empty Master Sung sat at a table, his usual perch. He started to chuckle as Arawn entered the room.
"You're definitely eager today." Arawn shook the himself like a dog, and the old man laughed more. "You should take those off before you catch cold." he advised between fits of laughter." Yuki bring some dry clothes!"
Arawn dropped his backpack to the floor. He had brought a change of clothes, but due to the rain they were soaked. The room was warmer than the outside had been, but the clothes felt clammy against his skin. He quickly started to strip off his shirt, unconcerned with Yuki walking in and seeing him. The door on the far wall opened and closed. There was a neatly folded uniform on the floor and a dry towel. Walking over the clothes he zanpukto dropped from his belt. Sung's face perked up upon noticing the weapon. Arawn was too busy toweling himself dry and putting on the uniform.
"So this is your new weapon?" he asked once Arawn was dressed. He held the sheathed weapon on the table and examining it. "I thought I felt something different."
"Yes, sir." he replied trying to suppress a smile. "I'd like to think it's proof I've gotten stronger."
Sung turned around from the weapon to look at him. "Have you truly gotten stronger?" The old man stood up and walked over to his newly clothed student. He stretched out his arm and placed his fist inches from Arawn's chest. "Let's see how strong you are."
"What do yo_" The sentence was cut short as the shinigami flew backwards through the wall and skidded to a stop in the adjacent room. He lay there too shocked to move staring at the ceiling. Everything ached. Arching his neck he saw the hole he had made through the wall and Master Sung stood in the middle of the room he had just exited, his arm still extended. The taste of copper filled his mouth, and his chest felt like it was on fire. The clean uniform was stained crimson across his chest. "W-why?" was all he could say as everything went black.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the White Lotus (solo)   Dance of the White Lotus (solo) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:23 am

Waking up he sat up quickly, and regretted doing so. The pain in his chest flared up. With a groan he lay back down.
"Finally awake I see." The voice was quite familiar, but it wasn't his master's. Turning his head slightly he saw the speaker, Ha-Rhang sat on the floor to his right. He was shocked. The only time he had see the woman was at the mountain top retreat. He had never seen her otherwise.
"What happened?" he asked as his hand touched the bandages on his chest. The pain had decreased now that he wasn't upright. The woman smiled down at him and then shook her head.
"I'm afraid my husband went abit too far. He's just in a bit of a mood right now." she sighed looking quite upset. As she talked Arawn's memory cleared and the last events replayed themselves. Master Sung had hit him through the wall. At the time he was too stunned to think. His eye couldn't follow the moments, but his body had. It felt like multiple hits.
"It's the rain it reminds him...." She let her voice trail off as she remembered something. They sat there in awkward silence. Arawn felt the need to break it.
"Thank you for caring for me Lady Sung." He stammered she smiled. More than happy to change the subject.
"Well it wasn't me." she grinned. "Yuki was the one that found you, she applied aid then found me. If anything be sure to thank her."
That info was too shocking, perhaps there was more to the woman than snide remarks and insults. With a sigh he turned his head back to the ceiling. "You should rest, you're not fully healed yet."
"I'm not tried, but I am thirsty."
"Well you did loose some blood." She turned her head and shouted "Yuki, some water please!" There was thundering of footsteps and the door flew open. Yuki entered looking disheveled, she saw Arawn staring at her and blushed fiercely. "He's awake now by the way." Ha-Rhang giggled. Arawn stifled his laugh as she placed the tray with pitcher and a drinking bowl. "Would you like to serve him?" Yuki moved away from the tray and took a spot on the other end of the room. Giggling again the Lady poured water into the bowl. Arawn sat himself up slightly and took the bowl from her drinking deeply.

The water felt cool going down his throat. He hadn't realized how thirsty he was until he drank two bowls. Finally he set the half fool bowl to the ground. He let out a sigh of relief. They sat there in silence listening to the rain falling on the roof.
"Is this your sword?" Lady Sung asked she held the sheathed weapon in her hands. Arawn only nodded. He wanted to comment that Master Sung had done the same thing, but kept silent. "May I?" she inquired, again Arawn nodded. The woman pulled the weapon free and held the naked blade aloft. She swung her arm and the blade hissed in the air. Another swing and the blade made no sound. She spun in place and slashed, hoped and lunged. The blade flipped over her wrist as she change directions. She danced with the blade the rain her background music. Elegance and beauty. And just like that it was done. She smiled at the blade and returned it to the sheath. "It's a lovely weapon."
Arawn could only smile. "And that was quite lovely. It was almost like this was your sword.
"I have seen many blades. Each blade has a song; a voice." It was Lady Sung's turn to smile "To hear it you can truly master a weapon. Only then can it be called a your sword." Arawn snickered and tried to stand. Ha-Rhang tried to stop him and he saw a panicked expression on Yuki's face. The pain in his chest was bearable he waved the woman away. He stood in the middle of the room holding the weapon, drawing the blade he held it vertical.
"Drift, Haung Long." he flipped the handle over his hand. As the blade made a complete rotation around his hand it shifted. The slow circuit stopped when Arawn caught the handle again. The golden hooked blade sat in his hand. Lady Sung clapped softly, Arawn tried to suppress his smile. He wasn't trying to impress her. Something just compelled him to show her. He thought he saw Yuki watching him in the corner of his eye.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the White Lotus (solo)   Dance of the White Lotus (solo) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 am

He stared at the golden weapon in his hands, the pain in his chest forgotten. This was one of the few times he had invoked the weapon. He had yet to actually use it in real fight. Ha-Rhang's voice brought him back to reality.
"Arawn?" She had been calling his name. "So what exactly can your weapon do?"
He could only look at her blankly. Most shinigami didn't open discuss their weapon's powers and abilities. Outside the squad such information was rarely shared. Still the ability of his blade wasn't too spectacular. Holding the sword in one hand he bent to pick up the bowl of water he had just drank from. The pain in his chest returned, but grabbed it and stood back up. Holding his blade flat he placed the balanced the bowl on the wider piece. As he pulled his left hand away, he focused his reiryoku into the weapon. The air about the golden sword shimmered and the water in the bowl started to rise. Arawn pulled the blade away and the bowl floated in the air unsupported. Lady Sung smiled as she stood and pulled the bowl away. The water hung in the air. Her smile was child like as she tapped the water and it jiggled. She pushed her finger through the amorphous water drawing a wavy line. The water trailed after her finger still held by the strange force of Arawn's weapon. Ha-Rhang used the bowl in her other hand to scoop the floating water. The water reluctantly sat in the bowl still under his sword's power; it seemed no longer bound by gravity. Seconds later it settle and properly into the bowl.

"Well that was interesting." said the woman as she stirred the water in the bowl "Certainly such an ability has it's uses."
"I figure it does, but it's not exactly offensive ability." Arawn replied. He had hoped to receive a strong attack from his weapon. Instead he could make things lighter and float. After figuring out the ability he understood how it had helped free him from being buried underground. Still the thrill of the unlocked power was quickly fading. At best he could use it to throw or move large objects. Ha-Rhang looked at him.
"Disappointed?" she asked reading his face.
"Well, yes and no." He sighed and waved the golden blade and am imagined foe. "It's an amazing ability, but it's not...."
"Flashy and awe inspiring?" she finished while laughing. "My, my I'm sure you wanted to show everyone your big sword."
Arawn's ears burned with embarrassment. Lady Sung walked over to him and stopped laughing
"It's not you that choose, it's the weapon, the spirit." Her hand rose and stretched to touch him on the shoulder "What you need to_"
She cut the sentence short, a strange look on her face, her hand hanging in the air. Ha-Rhang retracted her hand slowly and then reached out again this time firmly touching his shoulder. Arawn felt himself being pushed backwards. Wait, backwards? Ha-Rhang took a step still pushing him backwards, only 3 fingers touching on his shoulder. He looked down at his feet, he couldn't feel his feet touching the floor. Flexing his toes he connected his feet to the floor, but Lady Sung's gently push still moved him backwards. With a wide grin she grabbed him by the collar and hoisted him into the air. Arawn could only stare in shock, she couldn't be that strong. And then she released him, he hung in the air. It felt like his body was suspending in molasses, he turned his head to stare at the weapon in his hand. Somehow he had gotten caught in it's effect. The woman was giggling again, she grabbed his free hand and yanked on it gently. Slowly he started to move in that direction.
"Hmmmmm." suddenly her face got serious and she lunged at him swinging her fist. Arawn found himself moving backwards again and Lady Sung stood there watching his retreat eyebrow raised.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the White Lotus (solo)   Dance of the White Lotus (solo) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:13 pm

The puzzled look on Arawn's face was mirrored in Yuki's. But probably for a different reason. She rarely saw he mistress so amused by anyone. Ha-Rhang walked around Arawn's floating form. Pushing him sending him multiple directions. Arawn was at a loss. Not sure what to do.
"Lady Sung?"
"Shhhhhhh." she hushed him quickly and continued to poke and push him.
Moments later Arawn figured might stop floating if he removed his energy from the weapon. Problem was he didn't know how to do that. So he simple let the weapon go. Once released the sword floated just as he did. And then just like that both he and the blade returned to the ground.
Relieved he bent to pick up the weapon. Ha-Rhang was sitting on the floor tracing her fingers around the edge of the drinking bowl. She looked deep in thought.
"Is something wrong Lady Sung?" he asked her after several minutes of silence.
"There is nothing my dear boy. Just considering the possibilities." he gave a warm smile. She said nothing else, then with a sigh she set the bowl on the ground and stood up.
"The School of Mount Heaven was created long ago in the great mountains covered in snow." she began
"MY LADY!" Yuki shouted from the corner of the room rising to her feet. "You don't mean to teach him our school's art!"
Ha-Rhang gave another smile "There is no need to teach him anything, he has the means, I will just help him refine the skill."
"But...." Ha-Rhang held up her hand silencing her pupil.
"I know the rules, but I also wrote them. I can change them if needed." Yuki pouted, but said nothing more. "Who I decide to teach is my decision."
Arawn's eyes widened. Was she like her husband a master that perfected her skill in the afterlife?
"Now where was I?" She asked to herself more than to those present. "The skill was developed to for the mount tribe's women to defend themselves. With time it became an art form within itself." She continued. Arawn sat on the floor listening to her tale. "Although weaker than their spouses the art made them more than capable fighters. Later when those tribes migrated away from the mountain the graceful skill was slowly forgotten. The only remnants survived as a simple folk dance." She sighed again.

"If you remember when we first met I told you that you couldn't learn that which we do." She gestured to herself and to Yuki. Arawn could not remember their exact conversation, but vaguely recalled the gist of it. "I still will not teach you." she held up her hand again at the young man's puzzled expression. "Through that weapon, you've gained something that had taken centuries to perfect and Yuki decades to learn." His eyes locked on the golden weapon. "I will not teach you the sword, but I can teach you to control that ability." The young woman in the corner seemed satisfied with this answer. Still there was something bothering him.
"What about your husband, my master? Will he agree to your teaching me?" He asked politely.
Her visage turned grim. "I shall talk to him. I think it's best he took some time off from teaching." her smile didn't return for several moments. "We'll begin instruction on another day. You need rest." Ha-Rhang motioned for him to resume laying on the mat in the middle of the floor. Reluctantly returned to the makeshift bed. She picked up the bowl and tray and made for the doorway. "Yuki, take him home once the rain lets up. " It wasn't until hours later that the rain stopped. Arawn spent that time in silence, wonder what had set his master off.

True to her word Lady Sung met him when he returned to the mansion the following weeks. He never saw even a whisker of Master Sung during that time. The only instruction she gave those first sessions was merely him learning to invoke his weapon's ability onto himself. It was found that he could perform this without exerting his energies simply by touching the blade rather than the handle. By tucking the flat of the blade against his arm. He was more than happy to have a more efficient way to do it. The next few days he spent floating about the empty room of the mansion.
She wanted him to get used to the feeling of being weightless.
"Now for the harder part." She said as he clung sprawled out on the ceiling. "Your reiryoku control has improved under my husband's instruction, but it's still quite lacking." As she spoke she took a step the air itself. With each step she rose into the air until she reached the ceiling.
"How did you do that!?" was the only thing he could think to say. Yuki snickered from the floor.
"This is something any shinigami can do." He began as she walked back down. "We are able to command the reishi around us. Using that skill it's possible to walk almost anywhere." Arawn had seen other shinigami fly, but none had walked on the air like he had just seen.
She was indeed right. Learning to control the reishi around him was difficult. From what he had studied Quincy used external energies and Shinigami used their inner power. He wondered if the technique was inspired by them. Ha-Rhang didn't know, and Arawn had a feeling if it was the quincy they wouldn't receive any credit. The effort was like talking with his mouth closed. He could feel the energy, but not control it. He was told to ignore his own energy and reach out for the reishi around him. The week that followed the long sessions showed now results until late one day. With a sweaty brow he focused as he stepped onto the empty air. Slowly he put pressure on the foot and it held in place. Wobbling he took a second step. For thirteen seconds he stood foot off the ground. He smiled at Lady Sung and she smiled in return as he fell back to the ground.
"Now keep at it." was all she said. Those were the only words of praise she gave him at that point. With more practice he learned to hold it for several moments.

"This will be our final session." She said one day. Arawn stood walking on air.
"But all you've taught me was to control reishi on my feet and float." As he spoke breaking his concentration, he fell to the ground on his back. "That's all you really need to learn, the blade does most of the work. Unlike the Sook-Nya So-yo Shin Bub, your weapon makes you lighter than air." He could understand that, but still was confused
"Sook-Nya So-yo?"
"Lady's graceful movement. In using it we dispel our own energy and become an empty vessel. All force is met with zero resistance. Diminishing all damage." She quickly explained "But your is quite frankly a bastardization of that skill. Normally after the enemy attacks the user can counter, but you can not." Arawn remembered trying to punch while weightless, the force had instead propelled him backwards. "The greater the force used the less damage you will take. It's not perfect, but it might be enough to keep you out of trouble.

Dance of the White Lotus - By sacrificing speed and strength Arawn becomes nearly untouchable. His weightlessness makes most attacks directed at him push him back. The more force applied to the harder it is to hit him. But he's by no means invincible, he can be hurt just the lack of resistance makes damage into force. He uses shinigami's skill to walk on air to keep himself from floating indefinitely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the White Lotus (solo)   Dance of the White Lotus (solo) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dance of the White Lotus (solo)
Page 1 of 1