The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why can't popular games get bad reviews?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Why can't popular games get bad reviews? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Wednesday might as well be called Escapist day for me. On that day I drop by the Escapist for the newest Zero punctuation and then read up on the various news releases. So it comes time to read the reviews for the week and it seems Black Ops didn't get the 5/5 Stars. What's more they received so much feedback that they decided to change the way they review such games. Upon reading the review you'll note it's only for the single player campaign not the full game's multiplayer experience. The fact they make sure to point out in the beginning of the review. And yet people still complain about the low 2/5 it received. Let's face it alot and I do mean ALOT of FPS don't make for much of single player game. In the past there have been games that made me go "WOW" or "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!", but with each achievement the bar is raised. Like a drug addict; the needed dosage rises and the next hit has to exceed all that came before. If not it's a waste of my time and effort. The current trend in of recent FPS are war and special operatives. The realism was nice at first, but it's getting dry and I'm not getting my fix. That point aside most of these games gives player their fix via the multiplayer gameplay. Most of these multiplayers FPS end up like MMORPGs where you fight to gain levels, rank, and gear. Capture the flag, deathmatch, domination, survival, etc. Are all pretty much staples of online gameplay. Multiplayer is like player made content. The game gives you tools and a setting, and then it's up to the players to do the rest. Games like Halo got big too easy based on multiplayer alone. If they want to make a multiplayer only game fine. But if they make a single player, and it sucks I'm going to say something about it. People who bought it probably bought it for the online play more than anything. Funny how the multiplayer review says the exact same thing as I do
Quote :
There is an entire subset of the Call of Duty fanbase - arguably the largest subset - that could not possibly care less about the singleplayer campaign and just wants to spend time shooting other people in the face online.

So my disdain for FPS aside the main point comes to the fact so many people angered by the low score. So what? Other sites give it smashing reviews. Will one score break the game? Will everyone now return their copies and stop buying it? Not really. But some people think reviewers have so much sway over people. And in turn it effects sales and what not. This is true, I won't lie. So wouldn't that mean the good reviews are just as bad? A good review will make that same person buy the game right? So the argument is that bad reviews hurt the game and shouldn't be allowed. People should form their own opinions by buying (or renting) the game and trying it for themselves. Wait a second. The reason I read reviews is to avoid buying/renting every game that comes out. I don't have the money or time to invest my hobby like some folks. I try to look at several reviews and previews before I even consider buying a game. And when I do buy a game I even shop around for a better price if possible. I do look for reviewers that share my tastes, but even then I can formulate my own opinions. One should be abit wary when EVERYONE likes a game, nothing is perfect.

Everyone isn't going to like the same thing. Simple as that. But yet people that do like it, can't stand anyone disliking it. If you like vanilla. I can say I don't like it, but that doesn't make me a bad person or anti-vanilla. I just don't like it. And that what it all comes down to opinion. Everyone has one, and all but yours stinks. (Was tempted to make the opinions are @$$hole analogy)

Feel free to check out the Escapist and see the review. After playing some of the game at a friends (he has 360 version) I gotta say it's spot on.

Escapist Call of Duty: Black Ops

Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male
Number of Posts : 718
Location : Thats a good question and I'll answer it once i learn German and figure out where I am
Job/Interests : Bartender/ Drink
Quote : Life is nothing more then a road to death. I however am the short-cut of that Road
Registration Date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Have you written an review of a Review?
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:59 pm

lol a review on reviews in general yes. But in essence that's what people are doing. Reviewing the review.
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male
Number of Posts : 587
Job/Interests : Student/Aerospace Engineer
Quote : *Artemis has been kicked by Darkness
Registration Date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Havent played it... Anyway the people who hacked mw2 have money to be made... and i have no doubt that they will be working dillegently to break into it on the online side(they hacked local 15th prestige on pre release).

Ehh either way it wont be so long before that game goes down the drain.

WoW has freaking tight ass security and learns from its mistakes.

Other games you just don't want to...

Either way with or without the game getting hacked, the game's multiplayer is all it was marketed for...
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male
Location : Thats a good question and I'll answer it once i learn German and figure out where I am
Quote : Life is nothing more then a road to death. I however am the short-cut of that Road

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm happy to say I was one of the hackers who fucked with MW2 and I'm also proud to say I played MW COD:WAW MW2 and Blck ops all about two-three weeks before release dates, all because well I can
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 pm

hated that game anyway... but honestly, Treyarch will have to stay on their toes to keep their game in good order
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey Dark what happened to your avatar? Can't help but notice the change.
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 am

Darkness wrote:
hated that game anyway... but honestly, Treyarch will have to stay on their toes to keep their game in good order

Not really, they've made their millions from inital sales and now it seem they CBA fixing the matchmaking or even banning the obvious hackers
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:54 pm

@Arawn i tried to draw Kuroi

@Ri you can't ban on PSN
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Darkness, say the words 9/11 terrorism the N word (I refuse to say it) or anyting of the such and put them on your comment or bio or W/e and see how fast you be banned

and more importantly I'm on the 360 a real gaming console.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:37 am

360 real gaming console? Man such venom. Of the three consoles (honestly I see it as only 2. Wii is so LOL) 360 has the most defects. My friends have had almost 2 damaged units each; red rings and error codes. Add to that over 5-7 scratched discs in the vertical and horizontal position. And yet these faults are overlooked so easily by the users. At his point the system exclusives aren't as numerous as before, so don't miss many games with PS3. If I do want an exclusive game I rent it and borrow a friend's 360.
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:02 am

Due get with the times the new xbox is perfect, no red rings, no slow needs and when it's on you can't hear anything from it. And lets now add in you have Party chats will all your friends, you have sky player, you can install games, flash the xbox (Hack to play fake games) mean instead of one game for 60 you can get 6 games for a tenner and you can get games weeks before they come out too. We have Halo too (Auto-Win) and we now have knect which gives the xbox all the abilities of the wii (though i hate the Wii) but it shows that the Xbox has the potential to extended, not seen anything new for the ps3 in a while
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:11 am

1)I am on xbox, but mi familia has a ps3 and i did get on it to play modern warfare with mi amigos
2)Nothing is perfect
3)The standard model New Xbox 360 has a tiny hard drive(4GB)
4)
Spoiler:
Playstation has had that technology (abeit flawed as it was) for years, Xbox is just getting with the times.
5)PSN is free.

Thats pretty much a response to all your statements...
With five just being a one up on the xbox.

1.(responding to first post)
2.Regarding to you saying that the new xbox is perfect.
3. Falling of new xbox
4. Origins of Kinect
5. 1 up

and btw 9/11 terrorism is on my comment now... and im not banned(on psn)
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:39 am

2) Ever said it was perfect just the best
3) 4gb? em try 250 GB dunno what you been read
4) The eye toy was worthless make no mistake
5) Dark you really can get banned on PSN google it if you don't believe , people have sued over it.

6) The cost of xbox live is well worth it and since you can get your games for a tener your still save craps loads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't popular games get bad reviews?   Why can't popular games get bad reviews? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why can't popular games get bad reviews?
Page 1 of 1