The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I think the Rank System should be.

Go down 
+4
Jiro Yoshihide
Marlamin1
Darkness
Hadoland
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male
Number of Posts : 154
Job/Interests : Procrastinator
Quote : Hado! Number.... Wait, what?!
Registration Date : 2009-07-02

What I think the Rank System should be. Empty
PostSubject: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Ok, so in my opinion, even with the new amendment, I think the difference in power between ranks should be greater. This system is my solution.

So basically, each time you rank you get +5 to all stats, and +5 to whatever stat you choose.

Example!
__________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so you get the 60 points to spread in, Intelligence, Fighting Skill, Spirit Power and Speed.

So now we assume all of my stats are 15.

Spoiler:
End Example
__________________________________________________________________________________

Now here are the power differences between stats.

1-5 = pretty much equal footing.
6-10 = minor difference
11-15 = moderate difference
16-20 = large difference
21-25 = Huge difference
25+ There is no comparison.
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male
Number of Posts : 587
Job/Interests : Student/Aerospace Engineer
Quote : *Artemis has been kicked by Darkness
Registration Date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:43 pm

This idea is great but... Then marly would be sad about having to re write the stat thing again
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:06 pm

-.- I don't know... that seems to put a great deal of pain on the lower guys... I guess with the stretched out comparison chart it could work... I'll leave it up to a vote... Mods and Admins get the final say, based on the regular member's votes...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 pm

I don't see how it'd be too bad for lower members :/, it's only bad if they attack someone like 3 ranks higher... So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Which there is a great deal of on this site. Different level members...

There are the 0-1 guys... The 3-4 guys... and the 6-8 guys...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Jiro Yoshihide

Jiro Yoshihide

Male
Number of Posts : 19
Registration Date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Marlamin1 wrote:
-.- I don't know... that seems to put a great deal of pain on the lower guys... I guess with the stretched out comparison chart it could work... I'll leave it up to a vote... Mods and Admins get the final say, based on the regular member's votes...

Kind of gives an incentive to RP more and rank up.
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:46 pm

i do agree it would be a bit of a strain on the lower ranks- i mean, like this, Jacques could wreck sh*t on the people he's fighting right now (no offense, Darkness)

but...this system does provide tons of incentive, and also allows people to be ridiculously skilled in a particular skill without it being at the expense of the others. i like it.
Back to top Go down
Raikou

Raikou

Male
Number of Posts : 190
Job/Interests : Conquering Hueco Mundo
Quote : “The essence of fear is pain whose penultimate price is death. A person who fears death is truly alive while the one who does’t has successfully conquered one’s self.”
Registration Date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Mm, to be quite honest, I approve of this system completely. It would prove to be a strain on the lower levels.

Like if this was instated when i was fighting Saroki, then i'd be beyond gone right now. But, sadly, that doesn't deter me from wanting to try and fight.

I just won't fight Kaiyo in our thread (Not like i was planning to) because that would be total annihilation.
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 pm

But Jacques is rank 6... While me and the Hollow are rank 0 and I think Darky is rank 3... You' re SUPPOSED to be able to do that >.>....
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:30 am

i suppose so, but IRL i feel a little bad about that power difference for some reason. i guess i'm just a big ol' softie on the inside Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Hmmm, i wasn't really a fan of the whole stat thing, but i reckon this could be a nice addition, and hell, what's a few more apps to alter Razz
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male
Number of Posts : 123
Job/Interests : Supervillain
Quote : "In wars, boy, fools kill other fools for foolish causes." -Thom Merrilin
Registration Date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:26 am

+5 to all seems to be insanely high. What say we lower it to +2 and one can add +3 to the chosen stat. The spirit of it lasts without suddenly making all rank one's totally pwn all rank 0's...
Back to top Go down
Raikou

Raikou

Male
Number of Posts : 190
Job/Interests : Conquering Hueco Mundo
Quote : “The essence of fear is pain whose penultimate price is death. A person who fears death is truly alive while the one who does’t has successfully conquered one’s self.”
Registration Date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 am

Personally +5 seems just fine. It's not insanely high. If it was ten then it would be high. It makes more sense anyhow because if this was anime wise then the true amount would be somewhere near 10+,etc
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 am

Ok. Lets assume there are two chars fighting, one is rank 0 and the other is rank 1.

Rank 0's stats are somewhat like this.

Fighting skill 15
Speed 20
Intelligence 10
Spirit power 15

Now lets say the rank 1's stats were something like this.

Fighting skill 20
Speed 20
Intelligence 20
Spirit power 25

Notice the highest difference between stats is a 10. Which based on my stretched system of differences is only a minor difference in power levels. However that is the entire point of the system, to make the difference between the ranks more noticeable. Frankly, victory is still a possibility until a rank 3 joins the picture and last I recall, a Shinigami with Shikai is going to own a Shinigami who's still in the Acadamy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I think the Rank System should be.   What I think the Rank System should be. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I think the Rank System should be.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: General Board :: Suggestions-
Jump to: